Code of Conduct

Default New uk based sample service?

Hi guys

Bought a couple of samples off a eBay trader 6 months or so ago, they all seemed genuine and no problems with the service but I haven't got the best nose to be 100% positive so can't offer any guarantees.

But anyways I received an email from them today saying they had started there own web base sample service for the uk. I'm always seeing threads about where to acquire samples in the uk so I thought I'd post up there website see if anyone else had any experiences with them or just as an option for someone to try.

I am in to way affiliated with these guys and have not used this new service as of yet.

Here is the site, http://www.scentsamples.uk.com

Cheers

Default Re: New uk based sample service?

I have used Patrick's service a lot and can say that all of his products are genuine and always arrive in a timely fashion and are well packaged. His new website looks great and will hopefully prove successful. I am not affiliated in any way, just like to see 'good guys' being represented well.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)

Great news, thanks for sharing!
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | YSL M7 AS, Ungaro II EDT, Gucci Envy for Men AS, Signoricci EDT, Capucci PH EDT, Montana PH EDT...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Quote Originally Posted by shy-ted72 View Post
    Hi guys

Bought a couple of samples off a eBay trader 6 months or so ago, they all seemed genuine and no problems with the service but I haven't got the best nose to be 100% positive so can't offer any guarantees.

But anyways I received an email from them today saying they had started there own web base sample service for the uk. I'm always seeing threads about where to acquire samples in the uk so I thought I'd post up there website see if anyone else had any experiences with them or just as an option for someone to try.

I am in to way affiliated with these guys and have not used this new service as of yet.

Here is the site, http://www.scentsamples.uk.com

Cheers
    received the same email today,the variety of niche fragrances they have is quite good.they sell 50 ml of tom ford noir de noir for 67,which is quite cheap compare to other how they manage to sell them so cheap.
    Last edited by hhakim; 5th April 2014 at 03:02 AM.

I'm presuming that they are decanting from very large bottles so you get the fragrance but you are not paying for an expensive bottle. Seems a great idea especially all the different sizes on offer. Can't wait to try all of the expensive niche stuff - thanks Shy-Ted72 and The_Scentinel for the info and recommendation.

Most exciting!

Top bloke with a superb range of frags.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scentinel View Post
    I have used Patrick's service a lot and can say that all of his products are genuine and always arrive in a timely fashion and are well packaged. His new website looks great and will hopefully prove successful. I am not affiliated in any way, just like to see 'good guys' being represented well.
    Yep had the same experience, he's very good and i've used him/them several times I would highly recommend the service for anyone who's not tried them out but is interested. Lots of designer and niche stuff at some very good prices, also really like the professional look to their labels on the decants.

Just waiting for them to get Bleecker Street and Nio now.

Looks like a good site, and they buy unwanted bottles off you, which is a very useful service.

Basenotes Plus

Hi!

Just moving to Internet Shopping.

Thanks.

Basenotes Plus

This is bad news for me as this will only fan the flames of my excessive sample buying - have been hammering the well known German website for samples but always keen to keep the money local

Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by yarn View Post
    This is bad news for me as this will only fan the flames of my excessive sample buying - have been hammering the well known German website for samples but always keen to keep the money local

Thanks for the information
    You'll probably be saving money if you use scentsamples.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post
    You'll probably be saving money if you use scentsamples.
    Hope so - website looks good and there looks to be a good selection - often wondered why somebody didn't do this in the UK, always figured that there maybe isn't the market for it but I am pleased that someone is giving it a go

My order arrived yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying my sample out.
    Agree it's going to burn a hole in my pocket in the long run...

Basenotes Member

Been CRYING out for this in the UK, I am astonished that there isn't a massive selection of places to get samples easily online here already. Literally gobsmacked. There is 60 million people here and all google returns is the odd ebay search and a selection of foreign websites which may or may not be slightly helpful. Going to bookmark this, buy a handful and then report back.

Shame though that their site / URL doesn't come up on a standard Google search! Seems like they still have work to do...

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Shame though that their site / URL doesn't come up on a standard Google search! Seems like they still have work to do...
    Yeah, it looks like an early work in progress but honestly if the guy has good reputation already Im willing to invest in that.

Hopefully not at the risk of de-railing anything but anyone got any suggestions on frags to sample? Aside from Creed and Tom Ford which I know pretty well I wouldn't mind checking out some other frags for summer.

Hasn't replied to my two emails though - despite having spent a couple of hundred quid on my previous order, hmmm...
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Need some Roja help: Need a Roja cap, any one (gave away my Fetish cap)
    Also my Harrods Oud bottle needs a cap
    Muchas gracias

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    Hasn't replied to my two emails though - despite having spent a couple of hundred quid on my previous order, hmmm...
    Any development on this?

I had emailed and also got no reply (as yet)

This is great news for a serial sampler like me. Let's hope that it's a sucess.

Basenotes Plus

Any development on this?

I had a reply to a 'good luck' email the other day...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    I had a reply to a 'good luck' email the other day...
    Really hope that it all comes off

Basenotes Plus

Placed an order earlier in the week which arrived today. Communicative and efficient throughout - no complaints .

Basenotes Member

Placed a decent chunk of an order today, will hopefully receive by tuesday or so and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    Don't worry about it, sometimes they/he get's real busy and is unable to reply for some time, I had it happen to me a few times but i've just ordered through the site again today and am looking forward to recieving my decant and samples.

Any development on this?

Not as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post
    Don't worry about it, sometimes they/he get's real busy and is unable to reply for some time, I had it happen to me a few times but i've just ordered through the site again today and am looking forward to recieving my decant and samples.
    I can imagine
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Muchas gracias

Basenotes Plus

Just gone nuts-in and ordered a dozen samples - will let you know how I get on

Got an email today letting me know my Aventus/D600/Tobacco Vanille have all been dispatched.

Just to add that I had a very good experience with this site. There was a delay with my order, but they informed me about why this was and they added another free sample to my order to make up for the delay. All items well-packed and well-presented. Highly recommended!

Basenotes Member

Got my stuff today, very happy with packaging and delivery time. They all smell great too. This is very dangerous I got a bunch of samples and off the back of this could easily drop a grand on fragrances. This isn't healthy.

Well, I haven't received a reply to my two emails yet and it's coming up to 2 weeks now so...

Mind you I did order about 60 samples the last time, maybe they're like "oh no, not him again"
    What I'd like to try

My UK Swapsies!

Muchas gracias

Got my stuff today aswell, excellent as usual their labelling continues to improve.

Basenotes Plus

Well, samples arrived and all is good.

One of the samples was missing but the problem was recognised and resolved quickly.

I think that they have been having email problems but they have returned my calls.

Samples well packaged and labelled - I can see me using this site a lot

Cheers

Put in another samll order for Creed's MI and Xerjoff's Kobe, really glad I opted for the 1ml of Tobacco Vanille...came off as super sickly to me, had to wash it off twice to get rid of it.

Basenotes Plus

The swap thing looks interesting.

Basenotes Plus

Just received another batch of samples - service is great and will be using again.

Going to send some images of bottles that I am looking to swap so will let you know how I get on with that

I placed an order this week and received samples a few days later. Quick service and the samples were spot on. I will definitely use them again.

Their service is very good, and I may be wrong but I believe my 1ml samples were over 1ml.

Only criticism is the range available, although I believe once they correct their SEO and begin to market then they'll have enough to expand the range.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by neeorg View Post
    Their service is very good, and I may be wrong but I believe my 1ml samples were over 1ml.

Only criticism is the range available, although I believe once they correct their SEO and begin to market then they'll have enough to expand the range.
    Agreed.

Went back for a second batch. Soon as the range increases i'll be back again but its a great site and no doubt i'll actually be buying some of their 50mls.

Really impressed with service.
    Last edited by Braxbrah; 8th May 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Agree the range needs to increase but it's a step in the right direction for UK fragheads that can no longer buy these items from the usual US-based suppliers.

The fragrance swap service isn't quite what it is advertised as. I emailed with details of three fragrances I was interested in swapping (2 niche, 1 designer) and got a polite "we don't need those fragrances, sorry" in response. The way it's advertised suggests that they'll let you exchange your bottles for others of equivalent value. No mention of any exclusions.

Basenotes Plus

I sent through 3 images of bottles and was told that they would take one of them - sent it and received the agreed amount so pretty happy with that.

Hadn't really worried about the fact that the other two had not been taken

I'm thinking of getting shut of my spirituese double vanille that I've hardly used and my black afgano, I might give them a try and see what they think and of course how much they value them at?

Ohh, lovely, thanks< I should come on basenotes more often, instead of hiding on my little world)
    I know what I waaaaant......
    )))

The selection of men's colognes is really quite big compared to the women's perfumes. They don't have any of the women's ones that I would like to try.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    The selection of men's colognes is really quite big compared to the women's perfumes. They don't have any of the women's ones that I would like to try.
    But perfumes are perfumes)) They dont have genitals, you can try male ones - I often prefer them even)

great selection of websites, thanks for the recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuba View Post
    But perfumes are perfumes)) They dont have genitals, you can try male ones - I often prefer them even)
    I have lots of 'men's' perfumes, but I'd also like to be able to try some of the ones that are marked 'feminine'.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

I made an order through Scent Samples a couple of weeks ago and I was thrilled with the service. They didn't have two of the fragrances I was looking for but there were loads to choose from. The delivery was very fast and I even received two free samples which was nice!

I'll definitely be using their service again soon..

I've just used the fragrance swap service and I had a great experience. I emailed Patrick a list of my unwanted perfumes and replied expressing interest in two of them, which I duly posted off. I was offered store credit to a figure that was, I think, extremely generous. It was fun selecting my basket full of samples, which arrived yesterday just in time for me to play around with over the weekend (I'm having my first outing with Cuir de Russie today...mmm...heaven!)

I think is a great service for people like me who are tempted all too often to take a chance and buy blind. Samples are the way to go for me in future. Also, I'd like to add that I found Patrick to be charming and communications very good.
    Swimming in scented seas

Does he also offer cash for bottles or just site credit?

Patrick only does store credit for bottles.Ive used him many times, and he's a really good guy, even sold me a bottle of Creed Royal Oud, boxed and everything for way under retail price!
    My frag list top ten (which changes pretty regular!)
    1- Creed Royal Oud
    2- Armani Prive Oud Royal
    3- Acqua di Parma Oud concentree
    4- Bvlgari Man in Black
    5- Amouage Fate Man
    6- Nasomatto Duro
    7- Jean Paul DuPont Oud d'or
    8- Ormonde Jayne Nawab of Oudh
    9- Geurlain HOMME IDEAL
    10- Shay&blue Oud Alif

(Yes, I'm an Oud addict!)

I was offered cash via PayPal or store credit which was 5 more than the PayPal amount.

Sounds pretty good, thanks for the heads up