Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S.O.T.D. Saturday, April 5, 2014

Emporio Armani He

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Kiliwia; how are you finding that new Byredo? Are the fruity notes very noticeable in it? lf so, l'll give it a miss.
    This was the first time I've tried it and I didn't get much fruit from Flowerhead, the tuberose was the most dominant note. Didn't really notice the rose very much either. I liked it more than I thought I would. Still prefer La Tulipe, but not by very much.

Trying out Aerin Lauder Evening Rose tonight.

Have a good evening!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 6th April 2014 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Because the size of my post keeps changing.
    Currently wearing: Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel

Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar

Oh, my… these past few days on SOTD have been so entertaining! Between Kumquat’s photo of the luxurious comfort (matching!) caftans can offer, Mike’s exclamation of “Licorice + caftans for everyone,” RHM’s semi-utopian caftan community, and Cello’s hilarious soapy spin recap today, BN really needs a “Best Of” section somewhere to save these gems.

ExtremeK, I am totally envious of your trees—they will be so beautiful!!!! I don’t have any space for trees unless I cut others down. ~10,000 measly sqft is considered a double lot here, and then so much is wasted on the set backs... My consolation prize for having a puny lot is a small, newly planted flower bed primarily in sunset colors with purple and dark blue accents plus lots of variegated foliage. I have a rose bed planned and a narrow border too, but still...

SOTD was Vent Vert, and SOTE will very likely be Coco again, which I enjoyed so much last night.
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Quick halftime pop-in. In Iris Prima, which I've worn for the past 2 (or 3) Kentucky wins. Need to reapply for the 2nd half - we're trailing 40-36.

cello, so cute! Post of day definitely goes to you! Cavorting with ISM was quite enjoyable indeed and there will be much more in future episodes.

ExtremeK, that photo was apparently taken in Russia.

Mike, can't wait to hear your news! I did a bunch of decanting this morning, too. Spilled quite a bit on my kitchen table, which was fine, because I refinished my table tonight and it is turning out great.

Good job on the place, Jon! Nice pick!

OK, back to basketball. If we win tonight (I mean, WHEN we win tonight) I may have to go out and do some real life cavorting, if I can only stay awake... *yawn.*
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

cestrum, I'm a tree-hugger in every sense of the word. I used to live on 3.5 acres in a development only 20 minutes from my office, and I had planted 40-50 trees before I left, some fairly large, some just tiny little twigs from the Arbor Day Foundation. I haven't really been back since September 2012 to see how they're developing. Too hard. Your flower garden sounds *lovely*; variegated species are always so pretty with the darker colors. Do you have iris? When we do the rest of our front yard next year (shrubs, perennials, bulbs), it will be a true riot of color

RHM, I love daffodils, too! Glad you enjoyed Beaker.

I am (finally) sampling Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire, and I *really* like it. The vetiver and pepper dominate the opening, but there's an amazing bone-dry cedar underlying the whole thing that I keep trying to catch a whiff of. Very calming and grounding fragrance for me.
    Currently wearing: Tam Dao by Diptyque

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Finishing the day in Dior Jules
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

heart of ice

Our internet is fixed! Yay! Repairmen called out to repair out next-door neighbor's internet/cable box broke ours while "fixing" theirs. <sigh>

I'm sounding a bit like a broken record ... I wearing Daim Blond again. Xscent, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've been enjoying mine!

Erin, congratulations on the UK win ... must have been the Iris Prima re-spritz at halftime that turned the game around.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I vote that Cello should supply the recap regularly! Awesome job!

Caftans, that brings back memories. My mother used to live in them.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge