Code of Conduct

Default Colognes do not last on skin or clothes

Hi,
    I just started using colognes and spent a bunch on multiple authentic fragrances.
    Colognes do not last more than an hour on me even if sprayed on clothes. I have read about olfactory fatigue but its not that for 3 reasons.
    1) I have verified with my co-workers
    2) I have verified with my wife
    3) 2 Old time colognes actually do last the whole day on me! Jovan Musk and Royal Copenhagen musk!
    I have a few others which just get blown out in one hour. These include many heavy Sillage/projection monsters.
    I have Xerysus Rouge, Davidoff Zino, Bleu De Chanel, Brut, Stetson Coty, Issey Bleu, Euphoria Intense CK,Nautica Blue, Aspen Coty.
    Applying on body, clothes, hair makes no difference. Vaseline or moisturizer make a small difference. I have used as many as 12 sprays. The 2 musks last a long time and I know for a fact all my colognes are genuine. I really like RCM and JM is ok but I feel for the rest of my collection. Has anyone had similar experiences? Can anyone recommend any modern Fragrance which might last considering the armada that failed?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Colognes do not last on skin or clothes

Perhaps try some of the Montale Aouds, or Mancera Aouds to see if you get better longevity with these, and Welcome to you!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by xerysus View Post
    Can anyone recommend any modern Fragrance which might last considering the armada that failed?
    A number of the fragrances you listed are very low-quality, although a couple are known to stick around.

Try a couple of these beasts and see how they fare:

Amouage's Interlude Man
    ELdO's Rien
    Slumberhouse Norne
    Matriarch Blackbird
    Nasomatto Black Afgano
    Tom Ford Amber Absolute

They're punishingly strong fragrances that you'll have with you for at least 24 hour hours.

If you want to experiment with a cheap / drug store type scent, try Joop! It's the stuff of nightmares, and you'll be taking sandpaper to your skin to try and get it off.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps try some of the Montale Aouds, or Mancera Aouds to see if you get better longevity with these, and Welcome to you!
    Thanks!
    You have been here for some time. Have you heard of people saying something like this? I also have Drakkar Noir which falls in the same group.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    A number of the fragrances you listed are very low-quality, although a couple are known to stick around.

Try a couple of these beasts and see how they fare:

Amouage's Interlude Man
    ELdO's Rien
    Slumberhouse Norne
    Matriarch Blackbird
    Nasomatto Black Afgano
    Tom Ford Amber Absolute

They're punishingly strong fragrances that you'll have with you for at least 24 hour hours.

If you want to experiment with a cheap / drug store type scent, try Joop! It's the stuff of nightmares, and you'll be taking sandpaper to your skin to try and get it off.
    Lol. I actually did sample Joop and did not like it. I have heard of its powers and I did carry that scent for quite some time ( I sprayed on paper but got some on my finger)
    I have 2 major frags on their way Guerlain L'instant Eau Extreme and A*Men. I will try and sample some from your list.
    Edit: Thank you!
    Last edited by xerysus; 6th April 2014 at 09:13 PM.

Other possible suggestions to test:

DHI
    TDH Parfum
    Boucheron pour Homme EDP
    Chanel PM Concentree

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Other possible suggestions to test:

DHI
    TDH Parfum
    Boucheron pour Homme EDP
    Chanel PM Concentree
    Thanks!
    What is TDH Parfum?
    Also, can my skin influence the cologne sprayed on my clothes?

That is really weird. Are you positive your fragrances are completely authentic? My only suggestions would be to drink a lot of water, wear moisturizer, and possibly try some really strong fragrances like others have previously mentioned.

LIDGE should last a good long while.

What is TDH Parfum?
    Terre d'Hermes in parfum concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    That is really weird. Are you positive your fragrances are completely authentic? My only suggestions would be to drink a lot of water, wear moisturizer, and possibly try some really strong fragrances like others have previously mentioned.
    HI,
    Yes. They are authentic. They have been bought from reliable sources. 4 different reliable sources including high end dept store from where I got Bleu De Chanel and Euphoria Intense. In any case, that would not explain why Jovan Musk and Royal Copenhagen Musk (same sources) would last all day. Unless I am missing something?
    I still do not get how it lasts so little on my clothes, unless my skin influences stuff indirectly.
    One point that just came up in my head is I eat extremely spicy food....like off the charts spicy. Maybe that has an impact.

Basenotes Plus

I also eat off the chart, dump on the habanero or ghost chili hot, and it has not had an impact on me. However, when you say hot food, might you also mean lots of garlic or curries, or things that have a great deal of odor coming off of the skin? If so, perhaps those are overpowering your scents? Totally random, and not based on any evidence; just a thought.

Colognes and splashes are by nature very dilute and short lived. EDT, EDP and extrait are increasingly concentrated forms
    and perfume oils have great lasting power.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    I also eat off the chart, dump on the habanero or ghost chili hot, and it has not had an impact on me. However, when you say hot food, might you also mean lots of garlic or curries, or things that have a great deal of odor coming off of the skin? If so, perhaps those are overpowering your scents? Totally random, and not based on any evidence; just a thought.
    "Great deal of odor coming off of the skin?"
    That is going to be a hard question to ask my friends . LoL. That is possible as I do mean spices as like Habenero and Garlic/ginger etc.
    My wife eats a similar diet but her perfumes last way longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeon View Post
    Colognes and splashes are by nature very dilute and short lived. EDT, EDP and extrait are increasingly concentrated forms
    and perfume oils have great lasting power.
    Hi Odeon.
    All my "colognes" listed are EDT with the exception of Royal Copenhagen which is actually a Cologne and one of the two that actually lasts on my skin. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    LIDGE should last a good long while.
    LIDGE is such sad word for a cologne I have heard a lot about.
    Tested the EDT in store and ordered the EDP directly from Guerlain.
    If that stuff does not last don't know what will.

It's really weird that they don't last on clothing either because that has nothing to do with your skin. Can you go to a department store and try a tester just to make sure?

Very odd. Skin is one thing, but when you've moisturized and sprayed 12 shots... And clothing too? Are we talking cotton or polyester or silk or what?

I can't recall Jovan and have never tried Royal Copen, so I have little point of reference, but I truly can't imagine it being a lack of "quality" like the elitists will cite.

A few major performers you can try to test the theory and not break bank...

Jacques Bogart Homme
    Jacques Bogart One Man Show
    Jacques Bogart 1 Man Show Gold
    Jacques Bogart Silver Scent
    Jacques Bogart Silver Intense
    Roger & Gallet Open
    Dior Aqua Fahrenheit
    Joop Homme
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    It's really weird that they don't last on clothing either because that has nothing to do with your skin. Can you go to a department store and try a tester just to make sure?
    I did many times. Latest was Guerlain L'instant the regular one not extreme. We were at the mall. I put two sprays on my clothes. Beautiful scent. One hour later at home my wife could barely sniff it at one inch distance. This was a cotton T shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    Very odd. Skin is one thing, but when you've moisturized and sprayed 12 shots... And clothing too? Are we talking cotton or polyester or silk or what?

I can't recall Jovan and have never tried Royal Copen, so I have little point of reference, but I truly can't imagine it being a lack of "quality" like the elitists will cite.

A few major performers you can try to test the theory and not break bank...

Jacques Bogart Homme
    Jacques Bogart One Man Show
    Jacques Bogart 1 Man Show Gold
    Jacques Bogart Silver Scent
    Jacques Bogart Silver Intense
    Roger & Gallet Open
    Dior Aqua Fahrenheit
    Joop Homme
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Those are great suggestions.
    Just checked all on fragarantica. All have very high sillage and long lasting-ness I will try Silver scent Intense. Very high Sillage and high score too. Should not make the wife flee

I have to wonder if climate plays more a role here than anything. There really is only one common denominator here, and that's location. If multiple noses, articles of clothing and fragrances are run in this test, the only thing that remains true about all is that they're being used in one area/zone/climate.

I've got a great idea, take a vacation, you probably deserve one anyway. Go somewhere exotic and do some more testing there! See, win-win!

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    I have to wonder if climate plays more a role here than anything. There really is only one common denominator here, and that's location. If multiple noses, articles of clothing and fragrances are run in this test, the only thing that remains true about all is that they're being used in one area/zone/climate.

I've got a great idea, take a vacation, you probably deserve one anyway. Go somewhere exotic and do some more testing there! See, win-win!
    I am in Calgary, Canada. Based on everyone's responses I am thinking and my own thought process I am going to test a few beasts recommended here. Beyond that I am thinking it is my skin. Maybe it has its own aroma or its own scent field and it is neutralizing stuff on my clothes.I mean my skin does touch my clothes and it could have an impact.

I am going to run a test with a heavy sweater layered with two t shirts. I will spray on the sweater itself. That should keep my skin a bit far from it and see whether lasting effect improves.

I was curious about the fabric choice of your clothes...but you answered that with cotton. I have the opposite problem. My collection is 99% designer and even well known fragrances with longevity issues (like D&G The One) last all day close to my skin (8 hrs +) and longer on my clothes. If I use a known "beast" I use only 1 1/2 to 2 sprays at the most at least an hour before I go out. Good luck with your search.

I did many times. Latest was Guerlain L'instant the regular one not extreme. We were at the mall. I put two sprays on my clothes. Beautiful scent. One hour later at home my wife could barely sniff it at one inch distance. This was a cotton T shirt.
    A single simple smile can change the world…

Fragrances owned, but not in the basenotes database:

Blue Escape - Avon
    Cuba Silver Blue - Parfums Des Champs
    In Red pour homme - Estelle Ewen
    Untouchable - Avon
    Version of - Jordache/Jean Philippe (Dollar Tree product. Multiple fragrances; most are not great copy attempts.)

Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain

YSL M7
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-Vert-*SAMPLES

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

When you spray on clothes. Fragrances do last IMO. What is your interpretation of "do not last"... How many hours after application do you smell them or do you not smell them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    When you spray on clothes. Fragrances do last IMO. What is your interpretation of "do not last"... How many hours after application do you smell them or do you not smell them anymore?
    In about an hour. This includes my wife not being to smell it when she has had no previous exposure to the cologne.

Lapidus Pour Homme should work.

Same with me, No matter how much I spray.. nothing seems to last on me.
    Maybe my skin chemistry doesnt work with fragrances. I tried spraying on clothes but nobody seem to smell it except for me (sniffing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Justalex View Post
    Same with me, No matter how much I spray.. nothing seems to last on me.
    Maybe my skin chemistry doesnt work with fragrances. I tried spraying on clothes but nobody seem to smell it except for me (sniffing it).
    Fascinating. I do seem to have luck with 2 rather old fashioned colognes. I guess my signatures scents chose me and not the other way around .
    I am trying some heavy hitters and the experiment I mentioned above and I will let you know if we are two of a kind.

Update:
    Got Guerlain Instant L'Eau Extreme. This came directly from Guerlain Boutique in Toronto.
    I used 6 sprays. 3 on body and 3 on Shirt. Lasted longer than others but became a skin scent in under 2.5 hours.

Pity as it is the most freaking awesome scent on the planet.

Don't be shy with the sprays. My skin tends to eat frags too.
    Just try using more than you think is 'correct.'

One that does last — Absolue Pour Le Soir by MFK.
    “When you step back from stressing the parts,
    when the mind becomes still, the rose comes to you,
    unfolds in you in all her glory.
    The perfume invades you completely.
    The rose is you. You are one.”

Jean Klein

Quote Originally Posted by Picassoutine View Post
    Don't be shy with the sprays. My skin tends to eat frags too.
    Just try using more than you think is 'correct.'

One that does last — Absolue Pour Le Soir by MFK.
    Do you apply more sprays at once or less sprays more frequently?
    I tried more sprays at once but that does not seem to work.

More sprays initially, including one to the back of the neck, the base of the throat, as well as sides of neck where pulse points are.
    Also in warmer weather when you're wearing short sleeves the insides of the elbows are a good spot.
    Sometimes when I'm really working it I spray a little frag into my hair goo.
    A little refresh now and then doesn't hurt either, if possible!

Jean Klein

Basenotes Plus

I used to have skin irritation on both sides of my neck because I applied scents right after a hot shower. Since I started applying unscented lotion/cream right after the shower, the skin rash is gone and scents seem to stay longer too. Just a thought.

Good point. Using lotion first definitely helps.

Jean Klein

Thanks to everyone on who replied.
    I have ordered
    1) Bogart PH
    2) Silver Scent (just a sample)
    3) Oscar Pour Lui
    This should help test it out.
    I will update after I receive the package and test all out over a week or so.
    Thanks again

Sounds strange to me if it doesnt last on clothes. Something like creeds MI maybe I get a average of 3-5 hours of that. But on my clothes? That can last for days on end. So ya id say if something isnt lasting on your clothes that seems pretty iffy.

Well as I mentioned I do have two musk scents which do last.
    If you think about it my clothes are in contact with my body and whatever skin does or projects could impact the scent could it not?
    Actually your comment has given me an idea for an experiment. I will spray my clothes directly while they in the closet and compare with how long it lasts.
    Thank you!

You're not spraying enough.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    You're not spraying enough.
    Yesterday I experimented with Davidoff Zino, which to my noobie nose is just such a fantastic fragrance.
    I put 6 sprays on my moisturized chest, and 6 on my clothes. I used 6 additional sprays on my clothes at 11 am (started work at 8) and an additional 6 at 2.00 pm. I confirmed with a coworker that at no point projection exceeded one foot. and my wife at 5.00 Pm at home could detect the fragrance at 6 inches or less.
    So how does this fit with the one spray is enough theory?
    Last edited by xerysus; 11th April 2014 at 09:51 PM.

Yesterday I experimented with Davidoff Zino, which to my noobie nose is just such a fantastic fragrance.
    I put 6 sprays on my moisturized chest, and 6 on my clothes. I used 6 additional sprays on my clothes at 11 am (started work at 8) and an additional 6 at 2.00 pm. I confirmed with a coworker that at no point projection exceeded one foot. and my wife at 5.00 Pm at home could detect the fragrance at 6 inches or less.
    So how does this fit with the one spray is enough theory?
    I don't know how it fits into the one spray category.
    I oppose one spray people & wish multiple sprays were obligatory.

I can't comment about your Zino experience but it seems like you sprayed enough.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I don't know how it fits into the one spray category.
    I oppose one spray people & wish multiple sprays were obligatory.

I can't comment about your Zino experience but it seems like you sprayed enough.
    Apologies. I was not clear. I was not referring to anything you said. Just in general I have seen discussions about how many sprays and I just cannot help but wonder if some people's body/body chemistry neutralizes their cologne projection/sillage to a much higher degree than others.

How close is your hand to your body while you are spraying? Maybe its the mist is not concentrated enough?

Also, I recommend trying anything from Tauer especially LDDM. Lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewam View Post
    How close is your hand to your body while you are spraying? Maybe its the mist is not concentrated enough?

Also, I recommend trying anything from Tauer especially LDDM. Lasts forever.
    About 4-5 inches. Holding it closer helps?

About 4-5 inches. Holding it closer helps?
    No you are fine. I thought maybe you were holding it a little further away and not getting all the juice on you.

Versace Euros lasts FOREVER. Although I don't recommend it, as it gives me headaches when I wear it. Not sure if thats just me, but other colognes I have don't do that. I don't even spray a full spray, because its really strong.

Definitely try Costume National Homme!
    A gorgeous and potent stuff!
    I'm pretty sure it WILL satisfy you...!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Definitely try Costume National Homme!
    A gorgeous and potent stuff!
    I'm pretty sure it WILL satisfy you...!
    Thanks, I see you love Xerysus Rouge. I love it too. What a wonderful scent. I would say it is my 3rd Fav of the 15 or so I have.

Still do you think it is a tad...I don't want to say effeminate, but a tad unisex?
    Thanks,

Update:Got a few samples and few cheap powerhouses.
    So far Quorum is one that really lasts. I have never seen anything like this. It refuses to come OFF! I was comparing Quorum and a sample of Solo Loewe on different arms. I sprayed 1 spray of Quorum and 4 sprays of Solo Loewe. 2 hours later and after washing my Quorum Arm twice, Quorum was still overpowering Solo Loewe for a 3:1 projection distance. What the hell do they put in that?
    It is a decent scent, so now I have 3 colognes with lasting power.
    Also discovered that putting colognes on clothes and putting moisturizer on the same spot under the clothes makes my colognes last longer. Apparently my skin can suck the life out of a cologne even at a distance!

I do not spray colognes on my clothes ... I do not desire that much projection. Typically I spritz some on my body just after drying myself off after a shower. Most of them last 2, 3 or 4 hours tops, what I can detect. A strange thing is many hours later - when I'm getting undressed to go to bed - and I peel off my T-shirt or undershirt I get one last whiff of it and whatever I was wearing is most pleasant!

It seems to me that frangrances "stick" to hair more than bare skin. A few drops in the hair on your head is not a bad idea. Better still, spray some on your chest if you have hair on your chest.

going in a different direction here (why is everyone recommending powerhouses instead of trying to figure out the problem?)...

we've talked about diet... and climate (I'm assuming it's still cold in Calgary?)

maybe it's skin bacteria? (could be on your clothes too)
    what about the type of laundry detergent and body wash/soap you're using?
    don't misunderstand me, but how dark or light is your skin? (cacausian, asian, african american, latino, etc). Oily, dry?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Can anyone recommend any modern Fragrance which might last
    You need a prescription fragrance...The one I strongly recommend & which is currently available in the online market - Norma Kamali Incense. BEWARE though, if you go too many sprays on this, u might be the only one staying at your home or office (or anywhere in between) & by too many sprays I mean anything more than 3.

3 of this will be equivalent to 20+ sprays of a strong EDP parfum

3 sprays of this lasts 24+ hours on me - an indian who eats curry food twice a day & loves garlic & spicy hot food.

To add - i never spray any type of parfum on clothes...

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    going in a different direction here (why is everyone recommending powerhouses instead of trying to figure out the problem?)...

we've talked about diet... and climate (I'm assuming it's still cold in Calgary?)

maybe it's skin bacteria? (could be on your clothes too)
    what about the type of laundry detergent and body wash/soap you're using?
    don't misunderstand me, but how dark or light is your skin? (cacausian, asian, african american, latino, etc). Oily, dry?
    Yes it is still cold in Calgary and very freaking dry.
    I am thinking the dry is certainly part of the issue.
    As I mentioned, applying on clothes and moisturizing the skin under that part of the clothes does increase the longevity by 30-40%.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    You need a prescription fragrance...The one I strongly recommend & which is currently available in the online market - Norma Kamali Incense. BEWARE though, if you go too many sprays on this, u might be the only one staying at your home or office (or anywhere in between) & by too many sprays I mean anything more than 3.

3 of this will be equivalent to 20+ sprays of a strong EDP parfum

3 sprays of this lasts 24+ hours on me - an indian who eats curry food twice a day & loves garlic & spicy hot food.
    If that is a nice scent I might try it.
    Quorum is something that really lasts, over 8 hours and it is an ok scent....like a 5.5 on 10 for me.
    My biggest concern with everything was not becoming "The cologne Guy" so I have been tip-toeing further.

Hi, Xerysus,

I am a female and my skin eats up most fragrances, cheap or pricey.

In order to hold on to some I have learned to apply a bit of pure almond oil as a moisturizer to the inside of my wrists and elbows and at the base of my throat. I let it soak in, and then spray liberally. It helps, but usually after 3-4 hours no one can smell much unles they are literally nuzzling my neck.

A few exceptions: Youth Dew by Estee Lauder, Clinique Elixir ( I think a man could easily wear this), Dune by Dior, and Shalimar.

You might try getting a really rich, unscented body creme, adding your favorite scent, and closing it up for a week or two. Then use the cream and add a spay or two as you leave the house. Works for me.

Go to the store and try Clinique Elixir, but CAREFULLY !!! That stuff is potent ! They also have a perfume, which I own and it can overwhelm even me.

Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by sindistone View Post
    Hi, Xerysus,

I am a female and my skin eats up most fragrances, cheap or pricey.

In order to hold on to some I have learned to apply a bit of pure almond oil as a moisturizer to the inside of my wrists and elbows and at the base of my throat. I let it soak in, and then spray liberally. It helps, but usually after 3-4 hours no one can smell much unles they are literally nuzzling my neck.

A few exceptions: Youth Dew by Estee Lauder, Clinique Elixir ( I think a man could easily wear this), Dune by Dior, and Shalimar.

You might try getting a really rich, unscented body creme, adding your favorite scent, and closing it up for a week or two. Then use the cream and add a spay or two as you leave the house. Works for me.

Go to the store and try Clinique Elixir, but CAREFULLY !!! That stuff is potent ! They also have a perfume, which I own and it can overwhelm even me.

Good luck !
    I could wear Clinique Elixer? My wife threatened to neuter me when I tried Dior Homme Intense

So what you are suggesting is I spray a cream bottle? Then use the cream and spray over it?
    If I sprayed a cream box wouldn't only the base notes be left?
    Thanks for your comment.

You can wear ANYTHING you want ! That's what is great about all the wonderful fragrances we have. Just try the Clinique Elixir in a store, preferably the perfume as opposed to the cologne if you can find it. Be careful, though, the perfume can be a sillage monster!

I am suggesting you make a body cream from a fragrance of your choice. You can buy one if you want, but I have found my method, while totally unscientific and backed up solely by anecdotal evidence, works for me. Your fragrance needs to saturate the rich, unscented cream, hence my suggestion to close it up for a bit to let it meld together.

Step #1: Moisturize damp skin. Let dry.
    Step #2: Apply scented cream in the moisturized area and wait a few minutes until it has been mostly absorbed by your skin.
    Step #3: Spray your fragrance OVER the areas that have the scented cream on them.

Not knowledgeable enough to know if only base notes are left, but seems to me it won't matter much if you can't hold on to a scent to begin with. The scents should match closely enough, and the moisture in the cream should both hold on to and amplify the fragrance.

That's why we have scented soaps, shampoos, moisturizing lotions, deodorants, bath powders and perfumes in matching scents to layer. Some people can get by with one or two of these. Maybe you need more layering. Can't hurt, costs very little and is worth a try.

Find a deodorant with a note from the fragrance if you can, or at least an unscented one that won't clash or neutralize your fragrance of choice. Spritz your hair, too, there's oil there to grab and hold scent.

Let us know if any of it helps.
    Last edited by sindistone; 6th May 2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by sindistone View Post
    You can wear ANYTHING you want ! That's what is great about all the wonderful fragrances we have. Just try the Clinique Elixir in a store, preferably the perfume as opposed to the cologne if you can find it. Be careful, though, the perfume can be a sillage monster!

I am suggesting you make a body cream from a fragrance of your choice. You can buy one if you want, but I have found my method, while totally unscientific and backed up solely by anecdotal evidence, works for me. Your fragrance needs to saturate the rich, unscented cream, hence my suggestion to close it up for a bit to let it meld together.

Step #1: Moisturize damp skin. Let dry.
    Step #2: Apply scented cream in the moisturized area and wait a few minutes until it has been mostly absorbed by your skin.
    Step #3: Spray your fragrance OVER the areas that have the scented cream on them.

Not knowledgeable enough to know if only base notes are left, but seems to me it won't matter much if you can't hold on to a scent to begin with. The scents should match closely enough, and the moisture in the cream should both hold on to and amplify the fragrance.

That's why we have scented soaps, shampoos, moisturizing lotions, deodorants, bath powders and perfumes in matching scents to layer. Some people can get by with one or two of these. Maybe you need more layering. Can't hurt, costs very little and is worth a try.

Find a deodorant with a note from the fragrance if you can, or at least an unscented one that won't clash or neutralize your fragrance of choice. Spritz your hair, too, there's oil there to grab and hold scent.

Let us know if any of it helps.
    "You can wear ANYTHING you want!"....not when I am married to someone way out of my league .
    I will try your suggestion. Sounds interesting and being from a science background I love to try such ideas. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.