Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Eau and Dior Homme Cologne

I love Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Sport and I plan to purchase DH at some point as well.

That being said, I'm curious as to what the general consensus is regarding Dior's latest releases: Eau for Men and Cologne.

If I own DHS, DHI and DH, are either of these two redundant or do they offer something different and 'special' in their own right?

Default Re: Dior Homme Eau and Dior Homme Cologne

Not redundant at all. Eau for Men is more like a mash-up between Abercrombie Fierce and Dior Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Not redundant at all. Eau for Men is more like a mash-up between Abercrombie Fierce and Dior Homme.
    ^Most random combination ever. Is it any good?

I really like Dior Homme Eau

I do not like Dior Homme Cologne.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post
    ^Most random combination ever. Is it any good?
    A lot of people think so. Personally, I prefer plain old Dior Homme, but the new Eau For Men has some mainstream moments that are very appealing as a twist on the old formula. I was very tempted to get it, but it has just not pushed me to the cash register like DH did.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I really like Dior Homme Eau

I do not like Dior Homme Cologne.
    Same here.

Agreed with this...I didn't really like Eau for Men. Like all of the other flankers, particularly Dior Homme. I've never tried the cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I prefer plain old Dior Homme, but the new Eau For Men has some mainstream moments

For those who don't like Dior Homme Cologne... can you explain why not? I adore DH/DHS/DHI, but I don't own any yet. I've been curious about Dior Homme Cologne, but I have yet to sniff it. How does it fit in with or differ from Dior Homme and DHS?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    For those who don't like Dior Homme Cologne... can you explain why not? I adore DH/DHS/DHI, but I don't own any yet. I've been curious about Dior Homme Cologne, but I have yet to sniff it. How does it fit in with or differ from Dior Homme and DHS?
    I remember an SA at the mall gave me a whiff of DHCologne and I thought it was pleasant, nothing groundbreaking. That being said, I don't think I have it a fair shake (didn't really focus as I was concentrating on DHS). From what I hear, Cologne has the opening of 2008 DHS without the ginger (just lemons) and then dries down to a 'clean cotton' smell. Think crisp cotton shirt (cleaned using lemon-scented detergent). I'm hoping BNers that have sampled it more and/or own it can confirm or deny this.

On Eau, I got nothin'... No idea what it smells like

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post
    If I own DHS, DHI and DH, are either of these two redundant or do they offer something different and 'special' in their own right?
    Not redundant IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

byandthrough

I own all but DH Cologne, including decants or bottles of both the vintage and reformulated versions of each...I actually love Eau for what it does and do not think it is redundant at all. It definitely does something a little different than it's older brothers. My wife loves it the most out of the entire DH line (except for DHS '08, which is a close second). I have a sample of DH cologne and I've tried it...and honestly, it didn't pique my interest. It smells good and smells clean...but I would say out of the whole line it's probably the most redundant, though owning it wouldn't be a bad thing. It smells just as good if not better than a lot of "clean" scents.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    DHC is more of the citrus thing that DHS has so if you like that then you might DHC.
    I prefer DH as a classy elegant signature type scent, DHI had a sexy night and gourmand, DHE as a great office scent that feels fresh and just plain smells good.

DH classy guy
    DHI night out guy
    DHE regular guy

I still have not tried Dior Homme Eau for Men, but I blind bought Dior Homme Cologne 2013 last year, and think it was one of my best purchases all year. Very fresh clean scent - good longevity - wife loves it too.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

I find them all rather good, and none in the entire line are redundant.

how I would imagine average basenoter taste (with variations possible of course): DH > DHI > DHC (2007) > DHS (2012) > DHS (2008) > DHE > DHC (2013)

mainstream appeal: just invert the above.

I really do like them all though.

My personal taste: DH > DHI > DHS (2012) > DHE > DHC (2007) > DHS (2008) > DHC (2013)

DHC (2013) is at the end because I find it to be a well done, classy cologne, but both it and DHS 2008 don't have that signature iris accord that defines the DH line (or at least I can't detect it) and so lack that special "enveloping" feel that the others have.

Make sure not to confuse the two versions of DHC! I used the 2013 version all last summer and found it a classy, crisp cologne majoring on grapefruit blossom. I find it the least like DH of all the flankers. Although I really like it I take issue with cologne being sold at edt/edp prices - you need quite a lot of it and in that sense it is poor value compared with others.

Check out past forums regarding both scents, they are really extensive and can give you an idea of what each scent gives you.

I recently tried DHE and enjoy it, I got a sample and plan on wearing it soon to see whether it's worth a purchase but I do agree it's different enough from the rest of the line to warrant a purchase if you own others from the line. I would regard DHE the most "mainstream" of the line but still has a unique quality that make it standout from he ocean of crap coming out every year.

DHC (the new formula) is good stuff as well. Very fresh, clean and inoffensive and surprisingly good longevity. It's my least favourite of the line but it's still pretty good stuff.

I have smelt both and I am a big fan on DHE. I plan on picking up a bottle at Macys soon. It is a very crisp clean cologne, perfect for daily wear and an everyday scent, very versatile Imo. I didn't particularly like DH smelt a bit on the feminine side and was too overpowering for my liking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I like the DHE better than the DHC. May pick up the DHE from Macy's for summer, since south Florida summers are so intense. Might be a great summer light frag. I love the DH, and 60% of the time it works all the time
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Only know the Cologne flanker out of these two (except of course the regular, the intense, the sport version, also known by me, except the Eau flanker). In my opinion, Cologne is different enough as to not be redundant compared to the remaining DH lineup.

DHE for men seems slightly aquatic (not a bad thing) IMO. Nice scent which I think will be a summer gem.DHC is a good office fragrance which I also am a fan of. DHI smells a lot like DHC, but a little stronger for cooler evenings. Unfortunately, I don't remember what DHS smells like. Hint..Hint