Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 7 April, 2014

House twins with Roberto today in Santa Maria Novella Angels of Florence. I bought a bottle this weekend from a local indie shop that has given me at least two samples of this over the last two years - I figured it was time to finally pull the trigger. Fortunately, the weather decided to be warm and sunny today, because this perfume deserves a beautiful day.

Mike, Mouchoir de Monsieur sounds very interesting for my Guerlain Ho of a spouse. I will have to arrange for a sample to fall into his path sometime.

Blog Entries

Mike; OMG at the Mysore oil, you lucky thing! Do tell us how it is?

Wearing Dior Addict this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hey again, y'all -

Thanks for the welcome back - it's always good to be home! I've had some time to read through a few of the threads I've missed, and inspired by the recent wave of appreciation for it, I'm in Iris Silver Mist this afternoon ...other lovely irises come and go, but none can top ISM. ♥

mike - what a nice story! I'm frequently amazed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of perfume-lovers, always wanting to share the wealth ...such a lovely community. And yes, that was a bizzaro MM episode, indeed! What in the world was in that shot??

Hi there, Kiliwia - glad to know there's finally some sun in your part of the world!

Thanks, Mocha - we're really looking forward to the slow life in the French countryside, as well.

And hello to you too, teardrop - smellin' *gorgeous*, as always.

Hugs to ((Jon)), ((Erin)) and ((Wolfie)), just because it's been a while.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Time for my bedtime cocoa .....

^^ Hehe, you are *too* sweet!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Thanks Evangeline, big virtual hugs being sent to you!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

(((Hugs to all who are in need)))!!!
    Pour Monsieur by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

SotE - White Fire by Tiziana Terenzi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

jujy54, I wish you a rapid recovery from your surgery! Thinking of you & sending fragrant hugs your way.

SOTD was Estee Lauder Azuree; the current incarnation of this lovely & often overlooked scent. I enjoyed Victoria's review of the vintage here; http://boisdejasmin.com/2012/05/este...me-review.html and Angela's from NST here: http://www.nstperfume.com/2007/05/11...erfume-review/

I find it interesting that it, like my beloved Chamade were released in 1969. Two more scents Angela mentions released that year were Dioressence & Calandre; love these two, as well. Guess 1969 is "my" year for fragrance. As well as, landing a man on the moon, Woodstock & my all time favorite car, 1969 Mustang.

Do you find you have a year where you love quite a few of the scents released that year?
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Sharing the evening love of Hermes in a little Kelly Caleche EDT, my summer leather. Although more aptly described by me as soft floral over a suede. This is not a love, but instead just a comfortable and easy wear.

I think I will join Erin in watching the Wildcats tonight. My sister lives in KY, and I visit often. Might as well join in!

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Christian Dior Bois d'Argent Cologne tonight
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Basenotes Institution

Ended the day in Marni by Marni

Always makes me think of Momma Quarry when I wear this, hope she's feeling better.

matildaben - I'm sending you a PM now
    danieq - Oh that's right, you've got Zahd in your wardrobe now...isn't it a wild ride?
    CapriDog - what an awesome picture you posted - love it.
    RHM - I haven't researched what year most of my favorites are from...I'm going to pay more attention to that. The things we fume-heads think about...it's amazing, eh?

I haven't tried my Mysore Sandalwood oil yet because this is undiluted oil and I really am afraid of putting it directly on my skin as I might be sensitive to it, so I have to buy some carrier (jojoba) oil from my local health food store tomorrow and once I have it, I'll apply some on my skin.

More good news: My vintage Bois de Iles Eau de Cologne arrived!

And it smells AWESOME! It's top notes are minimally damaged but the middle and base notes are solidly intact. OMGOMGOMG. I'm SO wearing this tomorrow as my SOTD!!!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 8th April 2014 at 01:36 AM.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle

cello: YAY! So glad you're cheering the Cats on with me. The first half was a MESS but that has sort of become this team's trademark....second half they should come alive like they have been doing the past 4 games of this tourney.

RHM, so glad to see the Grouch grinning today!!

Mike, that's a thing of beauty.

SOTE is Iris Prima and I just noticed it's now my 3rd most worn...which isn't anywhere close to correct (nothing will ever top Infusion d'Iris, but who's counting) but I was still surprised to see how quickly it marched up the chart! This one might be deemed FBW after all.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

Oh, Erin, so sorry about the loss!!! But you smelled great, and that had to count for something!

Blog Entries

There was a thread here recently about "your favourite year for fragrance launches".

Edit; here it is!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/377...Very-Good-Year
    Last edited by teardrop; 8th April 2014 at 05:44 AM.