Code of Conduct

Default Amouage attars sad news :'(

Sadly most of Amouage attars will not be available to the western market from now on as of 2013.
    Any stocks that were available in the European Boutiques have now been sent back and will not be restocked until further notice :'(
    This is the information provided by the manager at the Amouage store in Lowndes street, London in one of her emails sent to me:
    " Attars will not be available from 2013 at the flagship store and following the company’s directives, the entire Attar’s stock has been already sent back to Oman."

The only attars that will be available to the western market from 2013 will be Homage and Tribute. Never mind.....it was wonderful while it lasted! May have to buy a ticket to Oman...................

Default Re: Amouage attars sad news :'(

Sad news indeed as I have always thought the Amouage attars to be better than their normal range of frags.

They were never available in the US, but they were occasionally in Europe. Let's hope they simply realized that the quality was too variable - but that's well wishing, since they left two whose quality has been oscillating quite a bit too.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Sadly most of Amouage attars will not be available to the western market from now on as of 2013.
    Friends of mine will be sad to hear this.

Perhaps an idea for a split while it is still available.

... Tribute and Homage is enough for me.
    The butterfly
    perfuming its wings
    fans the orchid

--Basho

I'm beyond disappointed.......... Went to the Lowndes street boutique on Friday and i was so sad to see the two drawers that contained my beloved Attars were totally empty...........attars will now be replaced with candles in those drawers! Really a dumb move by the people at the top! So dissapointed but am goin to cherish the 13 i have in my collection. Although the batch variations was annoying and frustrating each of their attars to me were exquisite and true masterpieces. The batch variations are due to the seasonal variations of the raw materials so each year the batches were slightly different and unique. The key was to find a good vintage like a fine wine. Shame they did not label the year of production on their package. What i always used to do was to look out for the old style white boxes.........as they say old is gold!

Cool Re: Amouage attars sad news :'(

I'm beyond disappointed.......... Went to the Lowndes street boutique on Friday and i was so sad to see the two drawers that contained my beloved Attars were totally empty...........attars will now be replaced with candles in those drawers! Really a dumb move by the people at the top! So dissapointed but am goin to cherish the 13 i have in my collection. Although the batch variations was annoying and frustrating each of their attars to me were exquisite and true masterpieces. The batch variations are due to the seasonal variations of the raw materials so each year the batches were slightly different and unique. The key was to find a good vintage like a fine wine. Shame they did not label the year of production on their package. What i always used to do was to look out for the old style white boxes.........as they say old is gold!
    There's a very nice chap in Kuwait with a warehouse who sells online, is reliable & has some interesting stuff...the Homage that I just received is the old stuff, old white box version, also has old Tribute. Has stuff that is not online too.
    (no affiliation)

http://www.universalperfumesandcosme...facturer_id=18

Hope I don't get reprimanded for posting this, but it may be of interest to desperate aficionados.

Hey Ipp cheers dude for the link. Still nothing beats goin to a store and testing the little gems.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    There's a very nice chap in Kuwait with a warehouse who sells online, is reliable & has some interesting stuff...the Homage that I just received is the old stuff, old white box version, also has old Tribute. Has stuff that is not online too.
    (no affiliation)

http://www.universalperfumesandcosme...facturer_id=18

Hope I don't get reprimanded for posting this, but it may be of interest to desperate aficionados.
    Actually another user on BN got an old bottle of Tribute from them. Perhaps time to buy a bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

oh no

AMOUAGE Tribute Attar Perfume Oil by Amouage 30ML SEALED BOX NEW VERSION

Hey Ipp cheers dude for the link. Still nothing beats goin to a store and testing the little gems.
    You're welcome!
    Agree, but I was getting withdrawal symptoms for the old stuff so couldn't resist!
    And it really is like my first bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Actually another user on BN got an old bottle of Tribute from them. Perhaps time to buy a bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

oh no

AMOUAGE Tribute Attar Perfume Oil by Amouage 30ML SEALED BOX NEW VERSION

Has 12ml in old version - line above on web page.
    Last edited by lpp; 4th January 2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: in wrong place

True indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Friends of mine will be sad to hear this.

This has always been the case here in the US. I purchased all the ones I have through a vender in the UAE. Shipping wasn't bad as I bought a bunch at the same time.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Sad indeed

Those lovely people at the Lowndes Street Amouage Boutique just confirmed that they are willing to order in & post any attar available at their warehouse, U.K. only.
    Obviously, shipping charges apply.

So attars will be available to purchase by post within the U.K.

This does not apply to the alcohol-based ranges.

Thank you
    Last edited by lpp; 19th March 2013 at 09:45 PM.

Won't miss the whole line up though.

There is a more recent thread with current info. here so we're closing this one.

Recent posts have been transferred to the current thread.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/378...-Tribute-Attar