Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: Male fragrance, which vetiver should i choose?

i tested sel de vetiver - to yellow for me, i mean i see this smell as very yellow, high, salty without any deepness and sweetness, more woman scent, since it unisex it turns into woman scent on my pale dry skin.

Quote Originally Posted by zanakan View Post
    Sometime ago i bought mailizia uomo and i very much liked vetiver smell.
    Now i would like something better.
    I am 33 old year, but i look like 23 (un-(?) - fortunately).
    Often wearing suit.
    Classical, shy.

I would like this vetiver fragrance to be long lasting, give me more confidence (or create such aura) and be liked by women.
    I am thinking between:
    1.Lubin le vetiver
    2.Guerlain vetiver
    3.Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

Help me please.
    Thanks.
    Hello!-I will advice you to get the Guerlain after your Mirato MUV, and will let you know why:
    1) is not as sweet as Lubin (so won't be so close to your EDT) nor as soft/gentle as TF's (so won't be much more expensive nor close to the one you're using up to now);
    2) is perfect for the office IMHO, and a great fragrance to start with if you like vetiver as first "quality" one.
    3) noone can speak for women in general, but hey any lady with good taste will love GV.

Just for the future: if you keep liking vetiver, try some darker ones like Encre Noire (Lalique), Hornero (Fueguia), and some "barber shop" alike let's say Vetyver (Occitane), Vetiver (Creed)-don't confuse the last with Original Vetiver (Creed also) which is probably the cleanest vetiver ever, including TF, a really comforting one.

Enjoy!
    Bad girls don't cry but get even.

Quote Originally Posted by zanakan View Post
    i tested sel de vetiver - to yellow for me, i mean i see this smell as very yellow, high, salty without any deepness and sweetness, more woman scent, since it unisex it turns into woman scent on my pale dry skin.
    I have to agree with you on this one (therefore I haven't adviced this one)-I like it on my pale skin (girl here).
    Bad girls don't cry but get even.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtue&Sin View Post
    Hello!-I will advice you to get the Guerlain after your Mirato MUV, and will let you know why:
    1) is not as sweet as Lubin (so won't be so close to your EDT) nor as soft/gentle as TF's (so won't be much more expensive nor close to the one you're using up to now);
    2) is perfect for the office IMHO, and a great fragrance to start with if you like vetiver as first "quality" one.
    3) noone can speak for women in general, but hey any lady with good taste will love GV.

Just for the future: if you keep liking vetiver, try some darker ones like Encre Noire (Lalique), Hornero (Fueguia), and some "barber shop" alike let's say Vetyver (Occitane), Vetiver (Creed)-don't confuse the last with Original Vetiver (Creed also) which is probably the cleanest vetiver ever, including TF, a really comforting one.

Enjoy!
    Thanks, I like it that you are a girl.
    I tested guerlain vetiver and vetiver extreme, also creed original vetiver, and nothing was as good as lubin, i very much like this smokey vetiver so i am staying with it for now. I know that i wont buy tom ford gv cause its to spicy for me. My sking has tendency to extract spiciness from perfumes and absorb any deep sweetness, transforming it into hard to like scent. But lubin seems to love my skin.

Hi , I am new on here,I just bought Guerlain vetiver extreme and wondering if anyone has any comments about this.I cant really get the fragrance from my skin and nobody else seems to notice it .I sprayed quite a bit to see but still no projection .

Tom Ford.