Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Roja Dove Amber Aoud Absolue Precieux

Has anyone been lucky enough to try this? I love the regular Amber Aoud Parfum which is $655 (going up), but the Precieux is $990 for 30ml!!! I do wonder how much potent it is and how the smell compares. Both concentrations can be found at Neiman Marcus.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Default Re: Roja Dove Amber Aoud Absolue Precieux

Same question, still no response?
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Ubar, Tribute, Homage, Badr Al Badour, Opus VI & VII Puredistance M, Black Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange Knize Ten Golden L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! TF Noir de Noir Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861 Renaissance, 1888, Zafar Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale, Fidelis Abdes Salaam Tabac, Cafe Milano, Mecca Balsam Slumberhouse Vikt, Vintage Baque MDCI Chypre Palatin Nicoli Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial Chanel Sycomore Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete MFK Oud Cashmere Mood Ormonde Jayne Nawab of Oudh Intensivo Papillon Anubis Bogue Maai Ormonde Jayne Nawab of Oudh Intensivo

It's a very select market that have tried this, I imagine. I would still like to know, though.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I happen to smell this today at Osswalds Parfumerie during my visit. They had it on display. Smelled very very nice indeed! Pleasant citrus opening and wonderfully warm and spicy dry down.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I happen to smell this today at Osswalds Parfumerie during my visit. They had it on display. Smelled very very nice indeed! Pleasant citrus opening and wonderfully warm and spicy dry down.
    What stood out to you at Osswalds today ?

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    What stood out to you at Osswalds today ?
    Actually I went there expressly with the purpose of buying some Parfumerie Generale fragrances to fill some gaps in my collection from the line, and while they were getting them ready I went around sniffing a few of the Roja Dove scents (a house I don't collect) which I found to be extremely nice especially the extraits including the one mentioned in this thread.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

The precieux is more like an attar, while the Amber Aoud parfum is like an extrait. If you're familiar with attars (which I am not) you'll know that this is the highest concentration. Both smell great. The precieux has a more rich smell as the formula is slightly different than the parfum version
    Seasonal rotation:

Green Irish Tweed
    Fiero
    Millesime Imperial
    The Noir 29
    Feuilles Vertes

Actually I went there expressly with the purpose of buying some Parfumerie Generale fragrances to fill some gaps in my collection from the line, and while they were getting them ready I went around sniffing a few of the Roja Dove scents (a house I don't collect) which I found to be extremely nice especially the extraits including the one mentioned in this thread.
    By any chance did you try Diagheliv ?

By any chance did you try Diagheliv ?
    As a matter of fact I did and liked it also. Had a strong but very nice woody dry down.

As a matter of fact I did and liked it also. Had a strong but very nice woody dry down.
    So does it warrant the $1000+ price tag ? What are your thoughts on the longevity/sillage ?

So does it warrant the $1000+ price tag ? What are your thoughts on the longevity/sillage ?
    I guess that would depend on the individual person and the affinity he has for the house. If this were a house that I collected, I wouldn't hesitate at all in picking it up. The longevity and sillage for this one as with all the others from this house I tested was above average.

I asked Roja about this and he said that the AP versions are up to 3 times more concentrated.

Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    I asked Roja about this and he said that the AP versions are up to 3 times more concentrated.
    I don't know why anyone would need the Aoud fragrances any stronger, especially Amber Aoud. 2 sprays of that and it's nuclear projection for me. I would like a bottle of AP but the cost is prohibitive for no real gain.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Re: Amber Aoud Absolue Precieux. I own both this and the Aoud and they are wonderful.
    These versions bring to the fore the more animalistic notes and feel more rounded and luxurious, in particular the sweetness of amber aoud is less evident in this concentration and literally purrs on your skin as it warms up.

Expensive but you only need a tiny spray to rub into your wrists or chest.

I guess that would depend on the individual person and the affinity he has for the house. If this were a house that I collected, I wouldn't hesitate at all in picking it up. The longevity and sillage for this one as with all the others from this house I tested was above average.
    If you ever try Danger Pour Homme or any from the extrait range (Vetiver/Neroli/Bergamot), I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    The precieux is more like an attar, while the Amber Aoud parfum is like an extrait. If you're familiar with attars (which I am not) you'll know that this is the highest concentration. Both smell great. The precieux has a more rich smell as the formula is slightly different than the parfum version
    I was told that they aren't even tollah or attar concentration due to them containing alcohol. Only 30% perfume oils which makes them only a perfume. Anyone got more info?

Last edited by prodigy1985; 15th November 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    If you ever try Danger Pour Homme or any from the extrait range (Vetiver/Neroli/Bergamot), I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Funny you ask - the two Roja Dove's I've purchased recently are Danger and the neroli extrait. Danger is really fun, definitely a scent for an evening out. Slight resemblance to Lubin Akkad, if I remember correctly. In fact, I rarely dip into the danger now, not sure why. But I absolutely love the Akkad!!

I purchased the neroli extrait with the hope of finding that elusive neroli with great longevity. It is that for sure, however, there is something a bit funky and bitter to it that slightly annoys me. Maybe it's too pure for me. I plan to experiment with layering it - something with a touch of sweetness. My goal would be to layer a concoction (albeit expensive!) that directionally aligns with TF neroli portofino but with acceptable longevity and solid silage. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Go-To:
    Javanese Patchouli (Zegna), Vintage Tabarome (Creed), Vetiver Ext. (R Dove), Kobe (Xerjoff), M1849 (Creed), L'Air du Desert Marocain (Tauer), Colonia Essenza (Acqua di Parma), Musc Infini (Ex Nihilo), Bergamot Ext. (R Dove), Musk Oud (By Killian), Violettes du Czar (Legrand)

$900.00 for 30ml honestly is this worth the money? Is it Holy grail material? I love amber but wow! It would literally have to take my breath away. What are your thoughts?
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    $900.00 for 30ml honestly is this worth the money? Is it Holy grail material? I love amber but wow! It would literally have to take my breath away. What are your thoughts?
    You behind the curve on this one, it is now $1250.00 for 30ml.

Is it worth it, heck no. For that kind of money, my friend hedonist222 is correct, just purchase the real thing for a lot less money.

If there pure tollah or attar concentration then I would say they could be considered worth it to certain people. 80% concentration yes but if they are only 30% then there most certainly not worth the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    You behind the curve on this one, it is now $1250.00 for 30ml.

Is it worth it, heck no. For that kind of money, my friend hedonist222 is correct, just purchase the real thing for a lot less money.
    Wow! I am late to the party on this one. But Roja does do excellent work but he needs to come down to earth a bit.
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

He is down to earth. Dude invited me to tea and crumpets on the first day speaking with him. His prices aren't however.

😂

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1985 View Post
    He is down to earth. Dude invited me to tea and crumpets on the first day speaking with him. His prices aren't however.

Well, did you do high tea with him?

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Wow! I am late to the party on this one. But Roja does do excellent work but he needs to come down to earth a bit.
    Not THAT good.

Not THAT good.
    Agree - at those prices, I don't even want to sample them - just obscene prices imho...I mean, 200-300 is my limit nowadays & while few in my collection did cost more than that, I am no more interested in buying at those prices (excl pure oud oils)...
    Currently wearing: New York by Nicola

Well, did you do high tea with him?
    Don't know about high tea but I talked him into having In and Out burger instead. Told him there the best burgers in Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1985 View Post
    Don't know about high tea but I talked him into having In and Out burger instead. Told him there the best burgers in Cali.
    LOL! How did he like it? Hopefully he didn't get the In-N-Out sauce on his blazer :P.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    LOL! How did he like it? Hopefully he didn't get the In-N-Out sauce on his blazer :P.
    Didn't say anything about there burgers. He liked the fries though. He didn't wear his signature glitter blazer.