Code of Conduct

Default Do you guys feel strange when you don't put on any fragrance?

To me its like not having any pants on. I rarely leave the house without putting on some kind of cologne on. I keep plenty of decants at the office and store some away in the glove compartment, just in the event I forget. I am sure most of you feel the same way.

Default Re: Do you guys feel strange when you don't put on any fragrance?

Nope, not at all! It's a luxury that I enjoy but if push comes to shove, I would be fine.

Personally don't feel strange when I don't put on or forget to put on a fragrance.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Lol yeah I feel naked without any cologne. And sometimes cologne will dictate my mood, if I wear aventus it's going to be a good day no matter what the circumstances lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not at all. I almost always do, but without I'm still bathed and clean. Nothing more necessary

Sometimes. Unless I'm heading to the gym or doing stuff outdoors. Typically if I'm not wearing anything at work though I'm irritated because USPS was supposed to drop something off that day and they didn't lol.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Basenotes Junkie

If I go hunting, I don't wear any. When I go mow the grass, I don't wear any. When I play baseball with my boys I don't wear any. At least once a week I get to work and realize I don't smell like Malle or Lutens or YSL . I'm fine with it.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

LOL yeah exactly! It's like I forgot to put my pants on and I feel something is missing.

No.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Yeah I feel the same way, I'm always wearing SOMETHING....even if it's super light like CK Be

Basenotes Plus

I wouldn't know. I'm always scented. Always..
    Current rotation:

Ciel Man
    Millesime Imperial
    Green Irish Tweed
    L'Homme
    Scandal Pour Homme

NO.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Not at all. When I was deep into the game, yeah it felt like I was naked. But now I can go like a whole week without wearing a fragrance and not knowing it. Then, the next week, I'll wear 14 fragrances (morning and night)

I wear fragrance everyday and it's part of my daily grooming routine. I never forget to apply. And, yes, I don't feel right without it.

Once in a blue moon I choose not to wear any scent either to get over olfactory fatigue or because it isn't compatible with a planned activity such as shopping for more fragrance. LOL!

I also feel somehow naked without my fragrance when I go out of the house

I do put something on on pretty much every occasion. It's not like I feel strange if I don't but it's really become some part of clothing for me. Even when I go to the gym I wear a couple sprays of Cool Water. I even wear fragrances to bed but it's not the end of the world if for some reason I'm unable to put something on.

I wear fragrances most of the time but do not feel strange without it. I think there are times when it is not appropriate to wear anything.

Basenotes Junkie

I always seem to put something on, but if I forget I tend to forget for the rest of the day. This is basically due to the fact that I can't really smell what I'm wearing most of the time. A curse, but a gift because I obsess less.

No. I haven't been wearing any three days now. Not a big deal at all, no emotional pressure

A*Men The Taste Of Fragrance is arriving today, I'll receive it at work place, so I'll wear it today...and test it as it is a blind buy. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Zgb; 9th April 2014 at 08:20 AM.

Not strange at all, but I'm obviously wishing I would have remembered!

for five years I wore nothing without feeling strange!

Strange is a strong word, but it does strike me when I forget. It does feel a bit like forgetting to put on a watch or bracelet. Like being naked, as some others have said. But the few times it happens, it's always during the week and it's only a rather short consideration. After that, I apply some bottle I keep at work as a backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by therm View Post
    Strange is a strong word, but it does strike me when I forget. It does feel a bit like forgetting to put on a watch or bracelet.
    I agree with this. I'll intentionally not wear fragrance a couple times a month just to try and avoid olfactory fatigue. It definitely makes a difference. Also, if I go out of town to visit friends or family and am staying with them at their place I'll usually avoid fragrances unless we're going out somewhere in the evening.

I am a bit obsessive about my daily routines, and it can physically irritate me, if I forget one of them or cannot do one, for whatever reason.
    It is like forgetting to put on your watch, when leaving the house, suddenly you just feel something is missing, and it bugs you for the rest of the day, and you keep touching your wrist, where the watch was supposed to be, hoping that it suddenly and magically appears

All being said, it has been years since I forgot putting on my SOTD, normally when I go frag free, it is because my girlfriend has a sensitive day.
    - Mark

ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Blog Entries

Yes.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Honestly, one of the things I love about fragrance is how normal I feel with or without it. I go stretches of weeks or months with a scent every day, and likewise there are extended periods where I never once open my cabinet, and both feel "right". There doesn't seem to be an incorrect way to go about it with this love of fragrances. It feels correct both with and without.
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

In a certain way, yes. Apart from the situations when I decide to deliberately not wear any fragrance (fragrance-free environments/occasions, health problems etc.) I think that a fragrance usually adds that certain something, a definitive finishing touch to my outfit, the accessories chosen, the fragrance appropriate/fragrance friendly occasion and so on.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

To be honest, i cannot imagine forgetting to put on fragrance. It is not a hobby for me, more a lifestyle, part of dressing. Yes, sometimes i may decide to be fragrance free, but those instances are rare.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

This
    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Not strange at all, but I'm obviously wishing I would have remembered!

It's very rare that I don't wear something and it's almost never that I forget, it is part of simply getting myself together, getting dressed etc. On those very rare times I have on nothing at all I find myself hoping that at least the shower gel or soap is lingering a bit. I also use those fragrance crystals things in my laundry so those leave a tiny bit of scent anyway.

I don't feel strange, more like a little incomplete.
    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/13449822&t=totry&s=n

Incomplete is a good way to put it

I don't feel naked, or incomplete, but I do feel like it was a missed opportunity.

I have so many fragrances that it's hard to keep everything in the rotation. Sometimes I don't get to a fragrance for over a year. If I don't wear a fragrance one day, I feel like I could have tried a sample that I haven't tried yet, or given something a wearing that I haven't worn for a long time.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    To be honest, i cannot imagine forgetting to put on fragrance. It is not a hobby for me, more a lifestyle, part of dressing.
    Exactly this ^

It is inconceivable that I would forget and my wardrobe is varied enough to find something appropriate for any situation. Unscented = unthinkable.

I don't know cos it's never happened

It just doesn't happen. Every morning, when I shower and get dressed, apply deodorant, etc., it's a step in the routine. The performance is exactly the same every morning, so I find I'm always wearing something unless I'm ill (and choose not to).

The whole time I'm not wearing anything I feel like I'm wasting the tons of juice that I have by not using it.

Yes, can leave the house with adornment on is a good habit indeed to smell good.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

The only times I'm without perfume are when I'm going out to test perfume or if I've had to dash out of the house for some sort of emergency and I've put on the first clothes that came to hand. I put on perfume after a shower even if I'm going to bed afterwards, and not putting it on makes me feel very underdressed.

Interestingly, I don't feel the same way about make up.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

These two comments pretty much describe me, but I'll add a caveat below...

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    Nope, not at all! It's a luxury that I enjoy but if push comes to shove, I would be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally don't feel strange when I don't put on or forget to put on a fragrance.
    Here's the "but" ...I'm a creature of habit, so I do feel a little weird when something is out of place. Wearing a fragrance has long been a part of my shower routine. Not adding those 3 or 4 sprays before getting dressed would be out of place, at least for a moment. That being said, I do sometimes skip a day, especially if I wore something really heavy the day before. It's good to give your nose a break now and then.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Nope, not at all. Having said that, I may forget on a routine weekend morning, and do later think about something I could have worn. But if I forget about it, then it must not have been that important. I wear something almost everyday, even twice a day, so to go without is out of the norm, but certainly not something that I feel is missing, just an unintended break so to speak. I do not feel naked

Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    The whole time I'm not wearing anything I feel like I'm wasting the tons of juice that I have by not using it.
    100% can totally relate!!!

Odd. I'm more comfortable without pants.
    A single simple smile can change the world…

Fragrances owned, but not in the basenotes database:

Blue Escape - Avon
    Cuba Silver Blue - Parfums Des Champs
    In Red pour homme - Estelle Ewen
    Untouchable - Avon
    Version of - Jordache/Jean Philippe (Dollar Tree product. Multiple fragrances; most are not great copy attempts.)

No. The novelty wore off a year after I started wearing perfume in the early 90s.

for swap/sale:

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Not at all. It's not like I'd forgotten to put on my underwear.

Nope - I actually prefer this sometimes.

I only stop wearing fragrance when i am sick...flu, cold etc....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by therm View Post
    Strange is a strong word, but it does strike me when I forget.
    Totally agree.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I only stop wearing fragrance when i am sick...flu, cold etc....
    This.
    I was sick last week. For two whole days, no fragrances. Guess what? Nothing bad happened...

Sometimes, I don't feel fully dressed when I forget a fragrance.

Yes, it would make me wonder if I had forgotten something else.

Basenotes Member

Yes i do feel strange

Nope
    Looking for Byredo Pulp -

Strange no... Incomplete... Yes!!!

wrong thread.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    Not at all. I almost always do, but without I'm still bathed and clean. Nothing more necessary
    I completely agree. I'm always bathed and clean when I am out but don't feel weird if I don't have something on.

I actually like to take little 2-3 day breaks. I find my sense of smell is much better afterwards. Plus sometimes between working in the industry, posting on basenotes, etc it's easy to get totally sucked into this tiny little world and lose touch with "normal" people who never think about scent and go about their lives just fine... try something new by not trying anything at all
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads