Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 9 April, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Chypre Palatin.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 9 April, 2014.

Good morning,

Today I am joining lpp in another great chypre:

Cabochard vintage EdP.

Bonjour Mesdames,
    Lalique Homme (Lion) EDP

Hello everyone

Back home, Sydney is a different experience when you are there for fun rather than business. It’s the third time I’ve seen Madame Butterfly and I still find Pinkerton a cowardly idiot.

I’m in a mix of Daim Blond (Shades) and Baudelaire . Going to love you and leave you. Will catch up later.

Well just quickly...

Wishing Jujy and ErinK all the best for surgery and job respectively. I've twisted myself into a pretzel with everything crossed for you both.

Jon I highly recommend an extended self-indulgent celebration of your fine self, don’t wait for a birthday, any occasion will do. Mike my eyes have glazed over at the sight of the BdÎ EdC.

Hugs to all.
    Last edited by Xscent; 9th April 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Morning everyone! I am wearing my sample of HdP Ambrarem this morning, or rather, it is is wearing ME. There is an odd aquatic/marine note married to the rich amber-oud base which makes me feel slightly ill, and reminds me of the same "off" pairing (rich chocolate and cucumber) In TF's Black Orchid. Come to think of it, it reminds me a LOT of Black Orchid, which is not a good thing in my mind. But damn, it's strong. Not sure I could wash this one off even I were to try, so I am going to ride it out.

Mike - Thanks for the Granville recommendation! I am going to search the reviews now. Oh and by the way, I have a serious case of perfume envy over that big bottle of vintage Bois des Iles! I am getting over it by telling myself that you paid an extortionate amount for it and that it would be out of my price range anyway (don't disabuse me of this notion please, otherwise it will torture me :-))

Puma - yeah, isn't it funny that we seem to have the same use for Chanel No. 19, business meetings only! But funnily enough, I saw on the Olfactoria's Travels blog that Birgit considers No, 19 a comfort scent, and so do most of the people commenting on there! I wonder how much the marketing and images surrounding 19 have to do with how formal we consider a scent. For all I know, maybe it is cuddling and comforting, and I just don't know it because its image has been presented otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Puma - yeah, isn't it funny that we seem to have the same use for Chanel No. 19, business meetings only! But funnily enough, I saw on the Olfactoria's Travels blog that Birgit considers No, 19 a comfort scent, and so do most of the people commenting on there! I wonder how much the marketing and images surrounding 19 have to do with how formal we consider a scent. For all I know, maybe it is cuddling and comforting, and I just don't know it because its image has been presented otherwise!
    ClaireV Here is my story about #19. When it was launched in 1970, I was wearing Mitsouko and Bellodgia. #19 could not compete against these. One of my fellow students said that it smelled like horse pee. In the early nineties I joined a new company. My signature scent then was Aromatics Elixir. Unfortunately, another board member was wearing this. So I had to find something else: Bandit, Cabochard, Calandre, #19, Panthère, among others. For the first time in my life I bought No. 19. I was never influenced by advertising campaigns, but chose the perfumes in accordance with my taste, which is mostly green, aromatic chypres. No. 19 is not a chypre, but it's a natural, even outdoorsy, smelling fragrance.

I do by no means support its image that it is a "boardroom perfume", as I have read in Basenotes posts. I find it very easy to wear, its longevity is outstanding, I can still perceive it today from yesterday's application.

If I want comforting scents, they must always contain patchouli.

Jicky edt (Guerlain)

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Gabriele Strehle Strenesse for me.

Best wishes to Jujy and ErinK and a good day to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Italian Leather by Memo

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Rochas Femme
    Have a great day - am going to bed
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 9 April, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello all.

PG Iris Oriental / Iris Taïzo No14
    DONNA

Chanel Exclusif, Coromandel

Attachment 27169

Hello everyone -

I'm in one of my all-time most adored fragrances, the impeccable floral aldehyde K de Krizia, vintage edp ...deeply mossy, chic and stylish, and absolutely timeless. ♥

Y'all have a great day!

Thinking of you jujy, wishing you luck, and hoping you'll be resting comfortably and healing nicely by the time you read this.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Yves de Sistelle Chess in the AM
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Millesime Imperial

Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! It's a sunny mild day, such a nice change from the winter we've had. Today it's suppose to get up to 56F.

First off, I want to thank those that wished my daughter Jenn, a happy birthday yesterday, I loved the greetings, cakes and pictures. I talked to her last night after she came home from work and told her about all of them. She thought that was incredibly kind of all of you and I think so too.

Jujy, thinking of you today as you go into surgery. Wishing you the very best and hoping for a speedy recovery!

ErinK, crossing my fingers for you about the job, I hope you hear soon.

Wearing Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca this morning. Lovely orange blossoms!!

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 9th April 2014 at 01:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Erin; l totally got what you said yesterday about dating being more difficult when you're older, because of the baggage that we all inevitably accumulate. "No expectations" sounds like a very healthy approach to me. l wish l'd had this attitude in the years since my divorce, it probably would have saved me a lot of trouble!

That Arpege ad was hilarious, IMO. Definitely a relic from another time, & not to be taken seriously.

l'm having a lazy day off today, & sampling Coccobello by Heeley. Thoughts will be forthcoming later in the Sample of the Day thread.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

jujy54 - THINKING OF YOU in surgery today ((bear hugs))
    ErinK - thanks for sharing about your 'crush' and I hope it all works out...just be yourself and be direct with him - all you can do is be yourself! I also like the way GAP Close smells...I've smelled it several times. Reminds me a bit of Beauty by Calvin Klein.
    Momma Quarry - I hope you can make it to Chicago with the girls - take care of yourself. ((sicky bear hugs))
    matildaben - I love that Azemour les Orangers - such a wonderful riff on classic chypres
    Puma - yes I have no expectations with No. 5, that's why I'm in no rush to gang-sample it. A couple of years ago I happened upon a sample of vintage No. 5 EdC that was gifted to me from a blogger friend who I wrote a review for, for her website. I didn't like it AT ALL. But, as you know, all of the different formulations of it smell different. I remember smelling Eau Premiere once and liking it a lot.
    rynegne - the Profumo.it sandalwood is incredible - you need to have some in your wardrobe.
    RHM - glad you're 'red and hot' again. I am in sandalwood again today. When it gets under my skin I can't seem to get enough of it.
    Xscent - I thought of you when I got the BdI EdC. Last night I had a bit of insomnia so I always take a hot bath when this happens (I read somewhere that the warming up of your body temperature can induce relaxation and slumber). I sprayed about 5-6 sprays of BdI in my bath and OMG it smelled so good. Highly recommended!
    ClaireV - read up on my Granville thread here. And yes...I paid an incredibly overpriced amount of money for that Bois des Iles bottle - OMG I don't know how I am going to pay my rent and I really really should have thought about it before I actually purchased it and now I am kind of regretting it, you're actually lucky that you didn't do this yourself, I'm absolutely regretting it...((okay how am I doing Claire?? lol))

More sandalwood goodiness, this time one of my vintage favorites:

Extract of Mysore Sandalwood by Crabtree & Evelyn

I think I need a 3rd backup bottle. Right? Seems totally logical, no?

Oh and this morning it was cool again - 70 degrees F when I got in my car. That's downright cold for us here in April. Delightful!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Back with wine

Mike may your dreams be filled with Ben Cohen and scented with BdÎ tonight. I'm honoured! BdÎ EdC deserves to be applied with verve. And I'm absolutely no use in dissuading anyone on backing up fragrances, have you seen my CdR habit?

Danieq thrilled you scored vintage No.5 parfum, I adore it. I’d be glad to take your mouse or human form anywhere with me.

ClaireV ‘the nuns had to physically remove me’ made me choke on my tea, I think it was the mention of nuns.

Quarry my lovely, are you feeling better?

((Dora)) it’s a harsh blow given all that work she did but her abilities are not diminished nor is her effort wasted. Give her big hug and promise her it will be alright because it will.

Welcome back Evangeline a summer Chateau-a-thon sounds pretty good.

Inneespenes if you like him find out if it is shyness, 'what if’’ can be a rather preoccupying question left unanswered. Good luck. Which leads me to ErinK. I leave you for a couple of days and you get a date? Way to go! I've found there’s baggage at every age it’s just different issues. Be upfront and honest, expect the same from him and have a blast.

Sampled Byredo’s Baudelaire today. Silly me had high hopes for this fragrance as it's named after one of my favourite poets. It’s a peppery spicy wood, with some incense smoky leather. Once it settles an oudy note emerges and late drydown is patch, leather sweeten with some amber. Where is the darkness, torment, forbidden pleasures, debauchery, decadence? It’s perfectly nice albeit disappointingly unremarkable given its namesake.

I'm in L’Origan parfum tonight. Safe to call this version vintage and likely stuffed full or all sorts of goodies/nasties depending how you look at it. It’s bloody marvellous either way.

Last edited by Xscent; 9th April 2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Mike, Ben Cohen and BdÎ

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all. Late check in looks likely to be the norm on weekdays from now on. BN completely unusable at work - finally admitted defeat and packed in for good today.

How are you ((Mrs Q)) ?

Congratulations to Shadesofbleu ...

and Kumquat ...

Respect and appreciation for everything you both bring to BN

SotD is Tea for Two.

CapriDog, great to see someone else falling for the charms of Tiziana Terenzi

(Thank you Xscent )
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 9th April 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Hey all! I'm off of work for a few days in a Staycation to get some things done, and because I have spring fever and don't want to work!

Wearing VC&A Bois d'Iris for an exciting trip to the tire store for a new set of car tires (sarcasm intended!). Ugh, expensive...

Today Coromandel (Chanel) also for me: spring isn't warm enough, this year!

Basenotes Plus

Xscent - the mention of nuns makes me choke too, but probably not in the same way it does you :-) I will also never forgive Sister Mary Francis for dragging me into the toilets and scrubbing off my eyeliner, and then sending me straight back into class, where none of the girls had ever seen me without my makeup before. I never got why eyeliner was such an evil. God knows you couldn't find my eyes if I didn't line them (or rather, God doesn't know and doesn't care about eyeliner, which is more probable).

But on the day I hid in the toilets, the nuns were very kind. Between them and my mother, I would have rather faced the nuns any day.

MikePerez - well played, my dear, well played :-) You almost convinced me. By the way, the mention of pines in your Granville review worries me a bit, as I perceive pines to be winter/nordic green and not summer/herbal/leafy green.

Jon, ok, that kitty pic is too cute!

Mike, you are so funny..I guess you will have to sell it to pay that rent.

Happy 10k to shades and 7k to kumquat!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Caron- L'Infini
    Vintage parfum
    1912 version

http://www.perfumeintelligence.co.uk.../h/h5/h5p2.htm
    Last edited by kumquat; 9th April 2014 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Xscent - the mention of nuns makes me choke too, but probably not in the same way it does you :-) I will also never forgive Sister Mary Francis for dragging me into the toilets and scrubbing off my eyeliner, and then sending me straight back into class, where none of the girls had ever seen me without my makeup before. I never got why eyeliner was such an evil. God knows you couldn't find my eyes if I didn't line them (or rather, God doesn't know and doesn't care about eyeliner, which is more probable).

But on the day I hid in the toilets, the nuns were very kind. Between them and my mother, I would have rather faced the nuns any day.

MikePerez - well played, my dear, well played :-) You almost convinced me. By the way, the mention of pines in your Granville review worries me a bit, as I perceive pines to be winter/nordic green and not summer/herbal/leafy green.
    ClaireV I'm killing myself laughing, she had to be called Sister Mary Francis which in my imaginings is what all nuns are called. This leads me to humming tunes from 'The Sound of Music' which due to some delightfully twisted lyrics have been irrecoverably corrupted for me. I suspect God would haven't given a toss about your eyeliner or my skirt that was deem too short because it was a whole inch above the knee.

Congrats shadesofblue and kumquat! That's some stellar posting. Off to bed with me.
    Last edited by Xscent; 10th April 2014 at 06:06 AM.

Good morning all!

Thinking of you this morning, Jujy. I'm sure you are in wonderful hands and the doctors and nurses are taking great care of you. I know your students are missing you (and your force field). Sending hugs and healing thoughts to you.

ClaireV and Puma, you guys inspired me to wear No.19 EDP today. It's neither a boardroom scent nor a comfort scent to me - I can't imagine feeling that 19 was cuddly... It's just feminine enough to make me feel like a woman, but it's not a big bosomy floral, which most days I'm not in the mood for. It is the one I reach for a lot when I'm not standing in front of my perfume cabinet and not sure what I want (like this morning). It smells fresh and alive, and makes me feel happy, confident, and a bit brainy -- not in a corporate executive way, but rather in a vintage-chic, academic, eclectic way.

I have always loved the way Angela describes No.19 in her Now Smell This review:

If No. 5 is the grande dame with pearls and Champagne, No. 19 is the ingénue. While No. 5 sits in the living room with nattily dressed suitors, No. 19 is getting back from a ride through the forest on a summer day. She smells of grassy meadows, jasmine and roses, the dry, mossy forest floor, and the leathery, recently soaped saddle. No. 5 can have all the prep school-reared boys inside, she’s going to the stable to make trouble with the groom.

Last edited by ErinK; 9th April 2014 at 03:50 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Good morning, blue skies and fluffy white clouds here after a rainy gray morning...

My thoughts are with Jujy, hoping she does fine in surgery.

Jailia today. Liquid sunshine. Would that I was sitting by a pool with a fancy drink but alas it is month-end-close so work work work. Mind you, having been out of work recently enough to remember it, too much work is most assuredly preferable to no paid employment.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Recovering Catholics have the best stories. Claire, you're funny.

Good news/bad news: My appetite is back.

On any given day, I have the appetite of a Nordic lumberjack. A maternal family trait. I recently heard a recording of an uncle who recounted serving in the Pacific during WWII. Suffering seasickness, he was told to keep eating and drinking through the nausea to ward off becoming weak. He excelled at it. My takeaway from this story was "we Duffeks can eat even lousy food anytime, anywhere, under even imminent-death conditions."

With that in mind, I feel sorry for Jujy having to skip eating, as you do, before surgery. Hope her surgeon had a good breakfast though.

Well, I can't talk about smells, since they are all intangibles to me. I opened a new package of coffee this a.m. and could detect absolutely nothing. This is the longest I've gone without wearing perfumes since I started on Basenotes.

In answer to your thoughtful queries, my friends, I can cheerfully report that my lungs are making less of a one-man-band sound at the end of each exhalation and more of a kitten-down-a-well "mew, mew, mew" descending echo.
    Last edited by Quarry; 9th April 2014 at 04:14 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Diptique Tam Dao Eau de Parfum - First time with this...wow. Creamy coconut accentuating the milky facets of sandalwood...with a spritz of lime on top. I'm in heaven...not sure if I can find a sandalwood fragrance in current production that tops this

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

YR Iris Noir

West Side by Bond No.9

Kumquat, that bouquet you posted makes me drool. Such gorgeous textures and colors makes me wish I could be a wee bug in the middle of it all!

Jujy, prayers are with you today.

All this tossing about of Sandalwood is making me realize that I am going to need to test Sandalwoods in earnest before too long. I'm slightly envious of all Mike's varying options.

I'm wearing Slumberhouse Baque today. Very goody to my nose, pretty sure I taste good wearing this one.

The desert is warming up now, high expected to be 92. I'm mourning the loss of a most amiable winter! But, it great weather for car washing so I plan to get out and give Scarlett a good once over. Spring cleaning is my next order of business. Yay! Hmmmmm, maybe I could get my husband to promise me a cleaning maid??? And some Arpege? I suppose that ad is a particular kind of commentary on the times in which it was presented. Glad to know we don't see that sort anymore, though I'm not entirely certain that the 'sex for sale' mood of current advertising is actually any better for woman.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Good afternoon all. Crazy busy today so I'll just say that I'm wearing Tam Dao EDP again. I'm pretty sure this is the sandalwood for me. At least the linear sandalwood for me. Best to all!

My SoTD, which accompanied yet another day of sitting on my arse and waiting for my knee to heal (not showing any signs of doing so, and we're a whole month in now) has been Dior Escale a Pondichery, trying to be cheerful and spring like.

I can't wait for my scan results and getting to know whether the surgeons can do anything or whether I'm in for the long haul of just waiting a whole load more. Unfortunately I don't get the results of the scan and the orthopod's opinion until the 19th May, which is time for my backside to get even wider while I sit around on it.

Crossed fingers that it all went swimmingly for jujy Hope you're back to your inimitable self soon.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Basenotes Plus

Joining the sandalwood posse this evening - Ava Luxe No 23.

Happy Birthday arwen_elf
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 9th April 2014 at 09:27 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Xscent - the Byredo sounds very 'safe' which I have found many of his scents....I still have not found one that I love (and I really wanted to love Fantastic Man Cologne [it's named after one of my favorite magazines]). I have never heard of L'Origan until you posted it. That juice looks wicked good. I can almost see the nitro-musks and other banned aromachemicals oozing in the bottle. So it smells like LHB you say? Interesting ((stroking chin))
    Jon - it's so strange that you're having issues with BN...I have not had any issues with the interface for quite some time. So weird. I've never smelled No. 23 - what's it like?
    cello - Van Cleef & Arpels at the tire store - you're such a DIVA! Luv it. lol
    ClaireV - the pine notes tend to be more pronounced on my skin, however many people who sample Granville say the pine is very light on them, so please try it. It's definitely not as pronounced as say...Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's...which many people (including me) compare to the Dior.
    kumquat - that Infini photo is just beautiful...is that your actual bottle?
    ErinK - to me No. 19 has always smelled a bit like nail varnish...I love that part of it.
    Momma Quarry - a Nordic Lumberjack never looked as stylish or smelled so good! ((gentle hugs - so I don't send you into a coughing fit))
    rynegne - isn't Tam Dao EdP pretty wonderful? I'll repeat myself: Best Diptyque in a LONG TIME!
    sfmedusa - nice to hear from you with an update on your leg - keep your chin up as best you can ((bear hugs))

I had to go home for lunch - so I got to respritz another discontinued sandalwood favorite:

Sandalwood by Floris

This one is so light, the remnants of the Crabtree & Evelyn on my shirt are sort of taking over the Floris smell - still I get whiffs and tiny bursts of sandalwood from this one. It's like a sheer bubble of sandalwood. One of the most polite (yet realistic) sandalwoods I own. I have to douse myself with it, to detect it - and I only have about 1/2 a bottle...and I probably won't be able to replace it when it's gone. I definitely prefer the C&E more - but this one can be the right choice when I'm in a more subdued and introspective mood.

I am tired and I need to meet up with a friend after work. Ugh...wish me energy!

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Hi, Mike. Yes, that's my bottle on my kitchen counter. And those are my bubble orbs from TJMaxx. I use them to barricade my vases of flowers so the cat can't knock them over.

Hey again, y'all -

I'm in Sylvie's incredible vintage-60s Tabac Blond extrait for the evening ...I keep forgetting that I decided to give this one to Mom.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Quick, drive by posting….
    Wore Tory Burch, it was boring.
    Nothing offensive, but no snap, crackle, pop either.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

SotE - Eau de Narcisse Bleu by Hermes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read this whole daggone thread today for the second time - you guys have been SO funny today (Looking at you, Mike, Quarry, and ClaireV)!!!

(((sfmedusa))) I can't believe you won't get your results for over a month!! That must be SO frustrating and maddening. I mean can't someone just LOOK AT IT AND FIGURE IT OUT for cryin' out loud?? Big, big hugs to you.

(((Quarry))) Hoping your sniffer gets better soon. It is no fun not to be able to smell but at least you are enjoying food again. Your post today absolutely cracked me up, as in 99th percentile of hilarious posts I've ever read on BN.

I particularly needed to re-read y'alls hilarious comments for something cheer-inducing because I'm absolutely past the point of LIVID right now...and this is not intended as a thread hi-jacking but I could use a bit of rage-validation here, because
    MR. GYM-PHONE-NUMBER-ASKER-GUY IS MARRIED.

So here's how it went down: he texts me, wants to get dinner, break the ice and get to know each other, so after work I make sure makeup/perfume are refreshed and go to meet him. We order drinks, chat for 15 minutes or so - this is going so great! - then he mentions "wife" [Screeeeeech! ] and jabbers on about whatever he was talking about. I was all like, "Excuse me, can we go back just a minute - did I hear you tell me you are MARRIED!?!?!!??" He was like, "Yeah? Is that a problem for you?" I wanted to stand up, tell him exactly what to do with himself, and hightail it out of there as fast as my legs could carry me...but I realized that although he deserved to be treated like the ginormous wanker he is, I would not allow him to make me feel awkward about going to the gym - where we see each other every day in class - so I would calmly and with as much dignity as I could muster tell him that IN THE PLANET I LIVE ON, THIS WHOLE SITUATION IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I told him he had humiliated me as I had never been humiliated and that I would never have given him my number if I'd known he was married. He tried to give me some BS about how he lived in Europe for 20 years (military deployments) and how in Europe, men and women regularly hang out as friends and "things normal to him aren't normal to a lot of other people." Well guess what YOU EFFING PSYCHO this is not Europe, I was not born YESTERDAY, and anyone who TALKS TO ANYONE knows that in polite society a married man asking a single woman for her phone number - and then going out for dinner with her - IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

My face is still hot. He tried to explain to me that I was attractive and shouldn't feel badly about myself and I had to explain, no, dumbass, I don't give two poops if you want to go out with me: my humiliation is due to the fact that my moral code does not allow me to go to dinner with a married man. DUH. The fact that he thought I would be stupid enough to BE OK WITH THIS is what's so humiliating. I must come across as an EPIC floozy.

I feel so tricked.

Sprayed some vintage L'Interdit and am on the first glass of what may well be a gallon of wine tonight.

Last edited by ErinK; 9th April 2014 at 11:43 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Blog Entries

Yikes! How dreadful, Dear! Consider yourself well out of it. Some sons of bitches don't have a clue.
    I like your photo! At least it didn't go any farther without your knowing about this.

Thanks to Jon for his sweet post.
    Last edited by kumquat; 9th April 2014 at 11:58 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Oh Erin, I'm so sorry that happened to you. You have nothing to feel bad about, this guy is a jerk and I think you did a great job telling him what's what. So glad you found out about it now.

Congratulations Shades and Kumquat on your posting milestones!!

Wearing Garner James Jupiter to Juno this evening.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Le Baiser du Dragon today ... who couldn't use a few dragon kisses?

Thank you for noticing my extra star ... it doesn't make my posts look larger, does it???

Erin, oh no! what a jackhole! At least he mentioned his poor wife sooner rather than later.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Erin, WHAT a sleezeball! What a load of passive aggressive crap!

I'm proud of you getting the heck out of there.

More wine & perfume!

Think I'll join you; wine & Santalum, edp by Profumum (the dark as tar juice of "old")
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Léonard pour Homme (original) tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Thank you for the validation, kumquat, shades, kiliwia, RHM. I really am trying not to blame myself here, but it's hard, because how can you not know something like that? I knew guys like this were out there, but...you don't expect the sweet soft-spoken guy you see at the gym every day and sit next to in spin class to be one of them.

More perfume (several more spritzes of L'Interdit, which I just plain love), more wine -- I'm with you, RHM. Also, as much as I love the Grouch, I'm glad your red hots are back...but like Matildaben said, I'm looking forward to the cat smelling like Chamade again.

Speaking of signatures, Evangeline, I love your new one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Joining the sandalwood posse this evening - Ava Luxe No 23.

Happy Birthday arwen_elf
    Thank you so much, Jon!!
    Evenstar

summer means fireflys

Sending happy birthday wishes to arwen_elf
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

@ErinK-I mostly lurk here, but in this case feel so much for you I had to post. I once had a dream where I knocked off the head of a man who did me wrong with a shot from a cannon. It was a most satisfying feeling in the dream. Sending you virtual cannonballs this evening...and profound sympathy that your evening did not go as planned.

Erin, that just stinks! Not cool. May I say I really like how passionate you are about morals?. But ya, agreeing that it was good you heard about wife fairly soon.

Sniffed a couple scents, didn't like. De Profundis, musky, fruity..not for me. Bois du Portugal..another Creed I can't seem to have any love for. Watery lemon, light woods..did I mention light and watery? Oh well.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Institution

ErinK - ((bear hugs)) There is NOTHING for you to feel bad about...you didn't do anything wrong. I have little patience for indirect, passive aggressive personalities like that - seems like you are the same. Aint nobody got time for that!!!

Headed to bed, in a huge white floral I hardly ever wear (why not - this stuff is awesome!!!)

Neroli (Eau de Parfum) by L'Occitane (disco'd)

-- Jack Kerouac

Oh, goodness. ErinK, you poor thing, this is ABSOLUTELY not your fault, despite his attempted gaslighting. What a putz. No way are you an epic floozy, my dear, although you and Quarry both had me in stitches tonight (your writing, not your situation). "Ginormous wanker" indeed. You are wonderful. Him, not so much. Keep true to yourself and stuff will work itself out. Love the expression in that photo.

(((Dora and Dora's daughter)))

Glad you're feeling better, Mike and RHM -- keep mending, Quarry. We know you don't *smell* like a Nordic lumberjack, which is probably a good thing. What will you reach for when the nasal passages are finally clear? Some Bond ILNY for Mothers? Cadjmere? Bois de Violette? Or will you be giving the two-finger salute to the bronchitis and dousing yourself in Tuscan Leather? Hmmmm. Can't wait to find out!

Hi, Xscent! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday -- and I know you looked amazing in that tux!

It reached 85F here today. So after 2 more days of iris (I missed posting on Monday [Infusion d'Iris EDP and Tuesday Impossible Iris), I reached for a purple flower of a different sort: En Passant. Truly springtime in a bottle for me.

Blog Entries

Belated birthday greetings to arwen-elf!

((((((Erin))))) it's not you, it's him. And he's totally lying about this sort of thing being "acceptable" in Europe, implying that all of us over here have such loose morals. lt's not. What an asshole. At least you found out sooner rather than later. You know you deserve better, & you *will* find it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.