Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Creed Aventus

41 71.93%
  • YSL L`Homme

16 28.07%

Default Fragrance Battle of the Day (4/9/14) Round 2: Aventus vs YSL L`Homme

Niche bestseller vs designer best seller.

Creed Aventus
    vs
    YSL L`Homme

OT: I got a YSL blazer today for cheap
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (4/9/14) Round 2: Aventus vs YSL L`Homme

Aventus. But l'Homme is a great choice nonetheless.
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
    Or what's a heaven for?"

- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (4/9/14) Round 2: Aventus vs YSL L`Homme

Creed Aventus
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

YSL L'Homme

Creed. Indeed.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

L'Homme. The overwhelming love for Aventus here still astounds me.
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

"Mighty" Aventus by a light year and a bag of chips !!!!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

This is a joke -- right?

Aventus!

CREED Aventus

Against all odds: ​YSL L'Homme

Basenotes Plus

L'Homme is the better smelling scent for me. Love Aventus but if you take away the fact that its niche and creed, it doesn't match up with L'Homme
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Dior Homme
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    This is a joke -- right?
    LOL!

I almost voted for YSL just for spite, but ultimately I do think Aventus is the better (more complex, well made, better performance, etc) of the two. Interestingly, I've never had a positive reaction while wearing this one and yet, I've had compliments with the YSL.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecore View Post
    Aventus. But l'Homme is a great choice nonetheless.
    Ditto. Finally a worthy comparison of two frags that have similar utility, and are both well-regarded.

I'd wear L'Homme 7 days a week, no second thoughts, if that was all I had. However, the edge goes to Aventus as a slightly better offering.

Maybe these threads will get back on track, if these kinds of comparisons start happening with regularity.

Have and Love both... I have to go with Aventus

MIghty Aventus!

Didn't Aventus beat everything in another contest? Like both, but Aventus for me

L'Homme!(even though longevity straight up sucks bawlz)

Sound Scents

Aventus is the less bad of the two...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

both are great, but i prefer aventus

LOL, this is gonna be funny.. why don't you just scratch the competition and crown Aventus the winner now.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    LOL, this is gonna be funny.. why don't you just scratch the competition and crown Aventus the winner now.
    Think about how many amazing scents weren't in the spam polls and how many bizarre choices were, including a flanker of a flanker. A few months of spam poll after spam poll to reach a conclusion that was obvious from the start.

Green Irish Tweed vs Curve told us everything we needed to know. The Miami Heat vs. The Billings Montana YMCA.

And we've still got another month of spam to go.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    The Miami Heat vs. The Billings Montana YMCA.
    Again. Make this happen.

Gooooo YMCA!
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

Hmm hard to say... they serve pretty different purposes in my opinion. Kind of like deciding between a large utility vehicle and a compact sedan.

Supposed I'd go with Aventus if I had to have one or the other though.

Blog Entries

I like both, but due to price disparity, and the ashtray note in Aventus, YSL L'Homme gets my vote despite its longevity issues on my skin.

This frag battle is almost a joke. Its obvious who will win this battle, not fair for L'homme at all.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Sprad View Post
    Again. Make this happen.
    Absolutely. I'm pulling as many strings as possible. Oh, wait. I have no strings to pull. Alas, I am stringless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D.Sprad View Post
    Gooooo YMCA!
    Goo?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Aventus.

Aventus but l'Nuit would have made me hesitate a bit more.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed Aventus
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles
    Mona di Orio Oud

I want to clarify as a caveat, that just because I voted for Aventus doesn't mean I want to idealize it or look at it through a rose-tinted lens

Aventus. It's more interesting than L'Homme. Always wearable as well.

YSL L'Homme is a well made fragrance but it has a bit too much ginger and tonka for my taste. I owned a bottle and ended up swapping it. It's more of a fragrance to wear in formal situations for me and is just tad bit on the feminine side for my tastes.

Aventus is a fragrance that blew me away the first time I tried it, and I ended up sampling it only about a year ago after reading much of the hype and criticism as well. But it truly exceeded the hype for me. One of the top 5 masculine fragrances ever released IMO. And quite honestly if had to only have two fragrances in my collection it would be Aventus and GIT/ADG Essenza.