Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Jicky EDP - First Wearing

I applied about 10 sprays of my latest purchase, Jicky EDP, for my day at the office today.

What a joy all the way from opening to dry down! I have to keep pulling my nose away from my arm, I keep catching whiffs of it.

This morning's generous application has clung to me quite well, although it wears very close to the skin. Quite suitable for the office.

I'm very happy with this addition to my wardrobe.

Default Re: Jicky EDP - First Wearing

One of my wife's favorites.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Great fragrance I've been hooked on it and the extrait since purchasing a couple weeks ago.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Amazing fragrance, and the EDP is the superior concentration, IMO.

Basenotes Institution

Enjoy. A fantastic classic!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Own and love the EdT. Thinking of jumping ahead to the extrait next. Classic Guerlains are welcome additions to any fragrance wardrobe. Congratulations on a fine purchase.

Jicky EDP is very nice. I dont like the EDT at all.
    Though I feel Ungaro Homme II, strikes the right balance and is more modern.

^^^^ Love Ungaro II, and Jicky is a great complement. Ungaro II is discontinued. I use Jicky EdT as a way to extend an Ungaro II binge. Not that it's any better or worse. They're both nice riffs on some similar themes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    ^^^^ Love Ungaro II, and Jicky is a great complement. Ungaro II is discontinued. I use Jicky EdT as a way to extend an Ungaro II binge. Not that it's any better or worse. They're both nice riffs on some similar themes.
    Yes Jicky is the closest thing to Ungaro II. I got a tester for 70 dollars at a local store where my parents live.
    I don't know why they discontinued Ungaro II, the current Ungaro line is so shitty now. I find Ungaro II more musky and it smells amazing on hot summer days.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Glad to know they haven't screwed up this classic. Yet.

Dependent

Agreed. EdP is classic, dense, and smooth. Terrific juice. 10 sprays in Canada of all places? You must work in a giant warehouse . . .

Good in any concentration. I like the edt. Like most great fragrances Jicky has something new to say every time you smell it.

10 sprays ! Good for you. Wear it in good health.
    As for comparisons with Ungaro II, the latter has a very prominent geranium note which takes it more into the classical, male fougère territory. I enjoy both.

That's how Jicky should be worn in my opinion (10 sprays), but I have turned more into a splasher recently. I could not say I prefered EdP over Extrait or vice-versa. The extrait has a heavier feel (naturally) and is perfect for the cooler season.

It's a total masterpiece, I see why you are happy with that!
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Quote Originally Posted by frostiblack View Post
    I applied about 10 sprays
    I'm very happy with this.
    now thats how i treat my frags also ....

Great fragrance

I applied about 10 sprays of my latest purchase, Jicky EDP, for my day at the office today.

What a joy all the way from opening to dry down! I have to keep pulling my nose away from my arm, I keep catching whiffs of it.

This morning's generous application has clung to me quite well, although it wears very close to the skin. Quite suitable for the office.

I'm very happy with this addition to my wardrobe.
    10 sprays. A man after my own heart - own it, buddy!
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

too powdery for me, nice but now that's nearly over won't be replaced..too low on sillage, anyway

A masterpiece and definitely one of my all-time favorites. If you want an extra-kick, track down some Parfum De Toilette. That's the real deal when it comes to Jicky.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

If you get a chance try the extrait. Layering the Extrait and EdP brings great results. I find the Extrait a little smoother and creamier without the initial sharpness of the Eau de Parfum.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Only 10? Jicky is fantastic one of my very favourites, glad it's found another fan.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    ...Like most great fragrances Jicky has something new to say every time you smell it.
    I absolutely agree. I always heard people say this & I never understood it but after some time I realize this is true - each time I wear it, it's different. Sometimes it almost annoys me...perhaps it's my mood, my skin chemistry, etc. Other times I think its so beautiful. Usually it's somewhere between the two of these opposites.

Just like I don't always want to have a delicious French pastry every day or to watch a black & white Academy Award winning film every day, I also appreciate Jicky in moderation. Sort of a way to enjoy the 'finer things in life' whenever I want.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Agreed. EdP is classic, dense, and smooth. Terrific juice. 10 sprays in Canada of all places? You must work in a giant warehouse . . .
    LOL! I asked around, and didn't appear to gas anyone out. My office is pretty good about scent, actually! I don't know what I'd do if I got a job in a scent-free environment.

Hehe, I am glad to know that I'm not the only go-big-or-go-home consumer with this one.

I didn't really even count my first application of Jicky EDP at 3 sprays because it was nearly imperceptible. Definitely one to be lavishly applied, I think.

Hehe, I am glad to know that I'm not the only go-big-or-go-home consumer with this one.

I didn't really even count my first application of Jicky EDP at 3 sprays because it was nearly imperceptible. Definitely one to be lavishly applied, I think.
    This morning I put on 4 "dips" of the extrait and I think 4 or 5 sprays of the EdP. Even with that Jicky stays close to the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    This morning I put on 4 "dips" of the extrait and I think 4 or 5 sprays of the EdP. Even with that Jicky stays close to the body.
    Nice. I bet that is a lovely blend! The extrait is definitely on my radar, although out of my financial reach at the moment. I may have to weed out and swap/sell a few redundant residents in my wardrobe to make this happen!