Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you noticed it's always the same fragrances that are mentioned in every thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    Divine fragrances are rarely - almost never - mentioned although at least two of their masculines are complete masterpieces (L'homme sage, L'homme de coeur). Also that's the proof that Luca Turin isn't *that* "opinion leader" anymore, since he quite supported them in his guides and older blogs but still...

Olivier Durbano also does nice scents (sometimes) but still I feel he is rarely mentioned here.
    Good point about these two lines not getting enough buzz recently. We did have some solid proponents of both, but sadly they moved on or are not posting as much lately.

Default Re: Have you noticed it's always the same fragrances that are mentioned in every thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I think it's a combination of a few things.

1. Guys are systematic. We're looking to solve a problem. ...

2. Many people who want the list aren't enthusiasts ...
    1. That's a good point. Decisive answers are the easiest. Many people don't want to rummage through 300 samples. They just want to try a dozen things and call it a day, and there's nothing wrong with that.

2. Yes. It's kind of like a popular album. Most people will know the hit song, but most people wouldn't be able to tell you what's on the rest of the album.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    There are times that I feel alone being a Bond No.9 fan... I know now that there are many here that Love Bond No.9 and that number seems to be growing!!!
    I think Bond no 9 is a bit underrated by Basenotes. They don't offer the best value for your dollar, but I find their ideas really creative.

I'll say it again. Basenotes is dominated by men and most of the praise for Bond no 9. comes from women. Other fragrance groups/communities that are more even demographically enjoy Bond more as a whole.

Hi, I'm Dave, 14, Wisconsin, looking for a college scent. What should I get?

Get the new limited Arso Cane Extreme. Can be had from one shop in Milan for only £499/20ml.

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    1. That's a good point. Decisive answers are the easiest. Many people don't want to rummage through 300 samples. They just want to try a dozen things and call it a day, and there's nothing wrong with that.

2. Yes. It's kind of like a popular album. Most people will know the hit song, but most people wouldn't be able to tell you what's on the rest of the album.

I think Bond no 9 is a bit underrated by Basenotes. They don't offer the best value for your dollar, but I find their ideas really creative.

I'll say it again. Basenotes is dominated by men and most of the praise for Bond no 9. comes from women. Other fragrance groups/communities that are more even demographically enjoy Bond more as a whole.
    Damn right. Bleecker Street and Riverside Drive for life!
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Why So Serious?

Yosh Sombre Negra.

It's often overlooked. I think it's a masterpiece.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Basenotes Plus

So many to choose from

Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache
    Olfactive Studios Lumiere Blanche and Autoportrait
    Paparadscha Satellite
    Micallef Shannan (like this much better than Avignon)
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Basenotes Plus

I honestly like when there are repeats. Trusting my fellow BN's, I can remember the "most popular" and filter out the outliers. I have limited bandwidth and budget so I gotta trust the experts.. I think I'll always be a follower in the fragrance arena, although of course I have my individual preferences.
    Last edited by DanHD; 14th April 2014 at 04:37 PM.