Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 11 April, 2014.

Hi all, have a lovely day!

Eva Kant.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 11 April, 2014.

Muguet by Oriza L. Legrand (arrived today)

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Good morning,

Liù - Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone! In Coze today.

Puma, this is going to sound weird, but I had a dream last night where I was wandering around an old mansion and happened on a massive bottle of Liu in a frosted bottle. Weird because I have never smelled Liu, it is not on my mind at all, and yet here you are this morning with it as your scent of the day!

Hi all,

Chambre Noire.

Bye!
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

ClaireV - Maybe I dreamt it, too, only I don't remember ....

My bottle is from the late 80s, it smells so typically guerlainesque, a little like vintage Vol de Nuit, but more aldehydes.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !.

Happy Birthday RainDropSparkle

My kind of Friday - leisurely lie-in, pressure of work forgotten until next week, a little Beethoven, and an early wine o'clock.

In synch with Xerjoff Fiore D'Ulivo.

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Thanks for another stunning pic Jon, enjoy your day off!

l'm off to work in Ombre de Hyacinth.

Have a happy Friday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all. Gobin Daude Biche Dans l'Absinthe
    DONNA

Good morning everyone Today I have the day off before my weekend of work. Not sure what to do yet. This friday I'm in synch with Musc Ravageur. Almost wore MKK, but decided to save my tiny sample. Have a great friday all

Good afternoon

for swap/sale:

Hello everyone -

I'm playing tennis this morning, and I fancied being in sync, so I'm in my *niche* Tennis Magnolia, Magnolia Grandiflora Sandrine, which I think I may have mistakenly identified as its sister Michel the last time I posted about it, but Sandrine is definitely the more casual and sporty of the two. I can't say I absolutely *love* it, but it does smell pretty great on-court.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

SotD - Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons

Bonjour Mesdames!
    N° 5, vintage (80s) EDT

Good afternoon folks!

I'm in Vol de Nuit extrait today, just a little on the wrists. It's beautifully musky at this point, wonderful stuff.

Funny to read about ClaireV's perfume dream: in one of my own reveries last night I was instructed by a rather grand friend of mine to find 8 oz of vintage Miss Balmain (I didn't quite wake up in a cold sweat, but almost!)

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Happily joining the day-off-today crowd. Mr tdem decided to do likewise at the last minute. It's a treat having a day together to spend as we please.

Caron Parfum Sacre for me. Wish you all a happy Friday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens-
    Bois de Violette

1725 Casanova

Wine o'clock finally and I'm packing again. Flying out to Singapore to attend a wedding and do a spot of house hunting for a friend.

Continuing the synch with Homage Attar tonight, down to my last drops of the vintage stuff.

Hope the surgery went well Jujy!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Penhaligon's, LP No. 9

image.jpg

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dunhill Edition this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone!

Happy Birthday, RainDropSparkle!

Accidentally in sync with Diptyque Eau Rose, a very pretty light rose.

Have a happy weekend!

Hi, gang -

Happy birthday to RaindropSparkle!

Smelling like a woman to be reckoned with today in Neil Morris Frangrances Prowl. Makes me feel like a purring tigress.

Prowl notes: Black pepper, honeysuckle, jasmine sambac, tuberose, patchouli, oakmoss, amber, civet.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Oh, thanks for calling attention to this important day, K! (Um, I mean Jon ...sorry 'bout that Jon! xo)

Hugs and Happy Birthday wishes to Dear ((RainDropSparkle!)) I hope you're having a fantastic, fragrance-filled day, wherever you are!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 11th April 2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: correcting an oversight
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning, good smelling people. I am in the M2M2 combo of Mure et Musc Extreme over DSH Formula X musk. Mure et Mure et Musc et Musc.

Hoping hoping hoping Jujy is resting well after a successful surgery.

Work has been very heavy this week and I am looking forward to the weekend. Me, my sister, and my 9 year old daughter are running a 5k this weekend on Sunday, that should be fun.

Amouage Beloved Man
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quick pop in this morning. Sampling Eau Premiere this morning. Hugs to all.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Al Oudh by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I am wearing Patchouli by Santa Maria Novella.

Have a good day!

I was wondering what to wear this morning -- spouse is out of town, so I can do something a little crazier; still fighting off a cold, so I wanted something a little piercing or medicinal I could actually smell.

I checked the Synch thread and saw it was "Niche", which is so broad I had to go to the Wardrobe function on here to see my options. Sure enough I have a sample of Les Nez Turtle Vetiver Back just sitting there, untried. Perfect!

So thanks, Female Fragrance Discussion friends.

I'm house-twinned with ClaireV (and purposely synch'ed!!!) in Parfumerie Generale Cuir d'Iris.

I cannot get enough of the iris this spring.

Bon voyage, Xscent! Happy hunting and carousing!

Good morning everybody, and what a happy and good smelling bunch y'all are today!

I love all the perfume dreams, LOL especially at yours, Sam!

Robin, have fun at your 5k! It is so neat you are running it with your sister and daughter.

Xscent, wishing you safe and exotic travels! I have always heard how unbelievably beautiful Singapore is. My ex-husband's parents moved there, recently (to get as far away from him as possible, from what I hear). House hunting for a friend sounds like fun!

Evangeline, I have not yet tried any magnolias - which is a shame, because I love the scent of magnolia blossoms. Every time you wear a magnolia scent I remind myself to get on it! I most want to try Magnolia Nobile. I imagine you and Tony will have more jazzy good times tonight - have fun!

I'm thinking of going to a contra dance tonight, or else trying to find someone to enjoy this lovely weather with, with a patio somewhere and a wine (or margarita) o'clock. Ineespenes, I took a page from your book and have contacted a guy I work with (he's in IT, so I've never met him in person, but we hit it off on the phone) to see if he wants to be my real life friend. Haha. Hoping we meet tonight for drinks and he's as charming and handsome as he is in my imagation....hahahaha.

I'm synching today in By Kilian Prelude to Love, my personal liquid sunshine scent, and one that I never want to be without. I wore it a lot last summer in St. Augustine (my family's perennial vacation spot) and wearing it always takes me back to the Florida sunshine.

With that, I leave you with some words from one of my favorite Buffett songs, "Tin Cup Chalice."

I wanna back to the island
    Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'
    Gimme oysters and beer
    For dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine
    I'll feel fine
    I wanna be there
    Wanna go back down and lie beside the sea there
    With a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine
    And I'm a chewin on a honeysuckle vine

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Institution

Scent Twins with ErinK and in Sync in:

Prelude to Love by By Kilian

First time from a sample (thanks ErinK) - I like it. Reminds me of Sweet-Tarts candies. I can see why everyone likes this so much.

Cloudy Friday here. Busy. Need to get a haircut for lunch. After work I have gym, dinner with my Aunt & drinks with friend on SoBe in this new hole-in-the-wall bar that opened up there - should be a lot of fun.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday,
    Raindrop Sparkle!

In sync today with l'Artisan Parfumeur Iris Pallida 2011. l'Artisan is one of the most well-known and widely distributed niche houses, but is still niche. Iris Pallida was a limited edition, released once in 2007 and again in 2011 with a different formulation.

I am "auditioning" for a new job at my company by shadowing for a couple weeks, after which myself and the hiring manager will decide whether to officially interview me. At this point there are no other viable candidates. I would be working with the same team I've been with for nearly two years now, and which I like a lot. It would be a different job role, one that could be the entry into a significant career shift with lots of growth possibility. It's a career shift which I've been contemplating for about 3 years now, and I know I have many of the important skills, it was just a matter of finding the right time and place to make it happen.

Basenotes Plus

Scent triplets this evening - was mulling over what to wear, decided on Prelude to Love after reading Erin's post and just saw that Mike has done the same. What great company to be in .

Safe travels and a wonderful time in Singapore, Xscent. I have only been through in transit on the way to NZ but it looks stunning from the air and Changi Airport is amazing. I think the humidity would be the killer for me though.

Enjoy the 5K, Robin

Teardrop, are you ready for a little merlot yet ?. You've got some catching up to do

Best of luck with the career move, matildaben - you'll knock 'em dead for sure

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 11th April 2014 at 04:38 PM.

Such a cheerful thread today, with so much good news. Good luck to all, whether with job, travel or the 5K.

I am in synch with Le Labo Ylang 49 on a beautiful spring day.

Happy Birthday RainDropSparkle!

Nice one Hednic! I am loving the Oriza L Legrand line.

Tiziana Terenzi XIX March today, for the synch.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

summer means fireflys

I'm in synch today by wearing Atelier Gold Leather. It's also my day off ... how fun would it have been to all get together for lunch?! I took my mom to some garage sales (it's our city-wide garage sale weekend in our little town) and now I'm doing laundry.

Good luck with the new job, matlidaben!

Sending happy birthday wishes to RainDropSparkle

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

SotE - Mon Nom Est Rouge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Institution

matildaben - congrat's on the job opportunity!
    DaveSt Paul - that's one of the Turtle Vetiver's I still haven't smelled yet. Enjoy!
    ((hugs)) to Foustie! Just because...
    Everyone who's got a day off, enjoy it!

Got a haircut, so I grabbed my sample from my gym bag & spritzed on some:

Vikt by Slumberhouse

I'm not a person who has to wear or own niche fragrances just for the sake of it being niche - I've never been like that. I just want it to SMELL GOOD. But, when you talk about indie perfumers, this excites me - and Slumberhouse has been knocking them out of the park with most of his releases. Vikt (I own the Parfum, which is a reformulation from the original EdP) is just fantastic! I blame it fully for my recent love-affair with licorice candy...that I'm still suffering from. I just had this wonderful licorice from New Zealand, it's long thick individually-wrapped sticks, brand is RJ. Here's what it looks like:

The taste is not too sharp, but it's not very sweet, more treacly. Wonderful soft texture. Recommended! I got mine @ Whole Foods.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th April 2014 at 07:31 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Plus

SOTE is Parfumerie Generale Aomassai even before I knew what the synch was (heck, even before I knew what a synch actually is!)

ExtremeK - haven't smelled that PG, do you recommend it?

CapriDog - oh my God you smell delish! Mon nom est rouge is seriously beautiful, isn't it?

Hey again -

I'm in several drops of Norell for the rest of the day, the glorious, *glamorous* vintage perfume.

Y'all have a wonderful evening!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Evangeline, I have not yet tried any magnolias - which is a shame, because I love the scent of magnolia blossoms. Every time you wear a magnolia scent I remind myself to get on it! I most want to try Magnolia Nobile. I imagine you and Tony will have more jazzy good times tonight - have fun!
    Thanks Erin - that is definitely the plan, and *you* have fun with your mystery IT guy - how exciting! Oh, and imo Magnolia Nobile is plainly the best magnolia soliflore out there ...so far. I'm always hoping for another to come long that's just a bit more luscious and velvety, a touch creamier (fingers crossed that the new Malle magnolia is *it*) but for the nearest authenticity, MN is still the one to beat.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 11th April 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Wearing my own stuff today. Madhat Atlas Incense...being going strong since 7:30 this morning big wafts of my favorite note combo Incense/Cedar coupled with swirls of Tonka and Cardamom yum! Sunny and 70 degrees in Chicago, I MUST be dreaming today!

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Today I was layering

Almond Coconut - Laura Mercier
    with Mandorla - L' Erbolario
    and one spray of Just - Just Cavalli!

Hi again!

This has been such a fun SOTD to read! Even more fun was being scent triplets with Jon and Mike; a girl couldn't ask for much better company!

For SOTE synch, I'm house-twinned with hednic in Oriza L. Legrand Chypre Mousse. The opening rivals anything I have ever smelled - it's gloriously intoxicating in every possible way. Once again, I am lost for words on how to describe it, as I am not adept in masculine-leaning chypres. The best I can do is to say I think I'm hooked, I can't stop sniffing myself, and even Rocky took a double-sniff (and then a tiny sneeze) at my wrists. Oh my, this is good.

Evangeline, thanks! I think we will get together this week. We exchanged a few very nice emails today and he is just as excited to meet me. I'm sure it will be nothing more than a new friend, but in this small, backward town where most people my age are either married with 5 kids, snobby wannabe-old money preppies, or uneducated redneck drunks, it will be great to have a new friend.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

Ava Luxe Crepe de Chine

"A stunning feminine chypre fragrance with a full bodied green floral accord and creamy woody base notes.
    Notes: bergamot, basil, neroli, aldehydes, bourbon ylang-ylang, gardenia, rose, jasmine, oakmoss, patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, Indian musk, Vetiver Haiti, vanilla."
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Poison edt.

Another licorice I gotta try Mike!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Washington Square by Bond No.9

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Mackie for Men tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell