Code of Conduct

Default $13.99 - 3.4oz Fahrenheit by Christian Dior tester on Overstock.com

I don't know if this is the right spot or if this is already on here but...

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...AQ&searchidx=0

Default Re: $13.99 - 3.4oz Fahrenheit by Christian Dior tester on Overstock.com

Right spot or not, i just ordered a few. High five!

thanks!

Basenotes Plus

We'll move it to Internet Shopping

Sweet! Picked up a few bottles myself

Same here. Thanks, AA.

Officially out of stock

Sent from Richard's Ipad

I had a few bottles in my cart and there were only 6 left, a few minutes after my order all were gone. Thanks for the link!

Whoa, insane price. Congrats to those who scored.

Considering its probably the current formulation, those price points are quite reflective of what it is now, quality wise.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Considering its probably the current formulation, those price points are quite reflective of what it is now, quality wise.
    I haven't tried the newest formulation, but I don't even think you can buy the knockoffs for $14. Hopefully this is old stock which would really be nice.

I had a recent bottle side by side to compare with the vintage; other than the vintage being smoother around the edges, the isn't that much of a difference.

Congrats to those who got in on this deal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch245 View Post
    I had a recent bottle side by side to compare with the vintage; other than the vintage being smoother around the edges, the isn't that much of a difference.
    This was exactly my impression. I scored some early '90s juice and compared it directly to the modern stuff. Much more similar than I had anticipated, based on the hype. The vintage is just a little smoother, but not a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    This was exactly my impression. I scored some early '90s juice and compared it directly to the modern stuff. Much more similar than I had anticipated, based on the hype. The vintage is just a little smoother, but not a huge difference.
    Glad you agree. Although the base does seem richer, I feel most of the difference is just due to the sharpness of the top notes getting softer over time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Glad I was able to help guys!! A buddy found this not me BUT i wanted to try to help as many people as possible and spread the love! Congrats to all those who were able to snag one!!!

Whoever got in on this is lucky. I've seen some pretty insane deals on the O.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

This one definitely qualifies as insane!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Has anyone received their bottles yet? I received an email monday that my package has shipped along with a usps priority tracking #. However the tracking # is still showing "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Priority 2-day you'd figure would have been delivered by now.

I have the same, except it's Priority 1-Day. "Package shipped 04/15/14."

Congrats to everyone who got this excellent deal.

damm, out of stock, but awesome find!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    I have the same, except it's Priority 1-Day. "Package shipped 04/15/14."

I think I'll call them tomorrow and see what's happening.
    Thanks for responding!

Sure, let us know what they say!

Sorry I missed this one. Everyone Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Has anyone received their bottles yet? I received an email monday that my package has shipped along with a usps priority tracking #. However the tracking # is still showing "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Priority 2-day you'd figure would have been delivered by now.
    This happens to me with one of the perfume sample shops. What it means is, they've made your label online with USPS but they haven't actually given the package to USPS yet. The two- or three-day delivery time starts when the package is received by USPS, which will show on the tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    This happens to me with one of the perfume sample shops. What it means is, they've made your label online with USPS but they haven't actually given the package to USPS yet. The two- or three-day delivery time starts when the package is received by USPS, which will show on the tracking.
    Yes thats exactly right. However it's a bit disappointing that a company like Overstock still hasn't got around to actually mailing out our items. Or the other thing is there could be a problem.

I think by now, 4 days after it supposedly shipped it should have been scanned at least once.

I'm just hoping to get it in my hands before i leave out of town next week!

Same here. Got ship notification with tracking, but the item still seems to be sitting in limbo.

I agree. It always bugs me. They claim it's shipped but it's sitting in their offices. Meanwhile they've charged your credit card.

Well, i called Overstock just now. The girl seemed pretty confused by the whole thing. She said that they either ran out of stock, or they sent me a wrong tracking #. She said she's never seen so much time pass with the tracking # not updating.

So she's going to contact the warehouse and see what happened. She'll then get back to me by end of day today or monday.

Any more updates? I'm guessing I, and everyone else, is/are still sitting on the 'Electronic Shipping Info Received'?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    Any more updates? I'm guessing I, and everyone else, is/are still sitting on the 'Electronic Shipping Info Received'?
    Yep, no change. This is getting irritating ... I'm perfectly fine if they don't send the product, but just give me some communication and don't hold onto my money in the mean time.

They were supposed to call me back today with a follow up. They didn't, and I wasn't surprised.

I spoke with a supervisor and she didn't know what was wrong. She ended up blaming usps. Gave me a refund and said for your inconvenience we offer you a 12% off discount coupon for your next offer.

I said you can either add 12% back to my refund or keep your coupon. Why would I give you more business?

Oh well. too good to be true I guess.
    Last edited by aphexacid; 21st April 2014 at 10:33 PM.

They were supposed to call me back today with a follow up. They didn't, and I wasn't surprised.

I spoke with a supervisor and she didn't know what was wrong. She ended up blaming usps. Gave me a refund and said for your inconvenience we offer you a 12% off discount coupon for your next offer.

I said you can either add 12% back to my refund or keep your coupon. Why would I give you more business?

Oh well. too good to be true I guess.
    Thanks for that info. I'll try to get in touch with them today and secure a refund as well.

They're supposed to get back to me with a reply today, as well.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

What I think is going on is they made a mistake in the pricing and are not honoring any sales associated with that error. And, they are using the mix-up story as a cover-up.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Since I'm overseas, I just spoke to a 'representative' of Overstock.com online, here's the conversation we had:

Hill (Listening)
    Hill: Hi, my name is Hill. How may I help you?
    Visitor: Hello, I made an order with Overstock.com, received a tracking number saying my package was shipped on 04/15/14, and yet to date the tracking information only says 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' so I'm wondering if there's a reason for the delay in shipping?
    Visitor: My order number is #___________
    Hill: I'm sorry to hear that the tracking was not updated with the package. I’ll definitely check and help you with that.
    Hill: For security purpose, could you please verify your full name and the complete billing address (Including City, State and Zip code) along with the email address?
    Visitor: Sure, (I give my info)
    Hill: Thank you, ______.
    Visitor: No problem.
    Hill: Are you referring to "Christian Dior 'Fahrenheit' Men's 3.4-ounce Eau de Toilette Spray (Tester)"?
    Visitor: That's correct
    Hill: Thank you for confirming.
    Visitor: So do you see a reason for the delay?
    Hill: Yes. Let me help you with the information.
    Hill: Please be rest assured your order is not lost or stolen but it is within one of the USPS sort centers.
    Hill: You will not be able to see the updated tracking details on USPS website, because USPS does not provide detailed tracking information for their deliveries.
    Hill: This item was shipped with only a delivery confirmation request, and that is why it will not have while in transit updates on tracking. It will only update when final delivery is confirmed.
    Hill: The number listed is only a delivery confirmation number and only shows information after your order is delivered.
    Hill: Under the standard shipping option, you can expect your order to be delivered to you within 5-10 business days (excluding Saturdays and Sundays) from the order date.
    Visitor: The information for the package says it was shipped Priority Mail 1-Day, if that's the case, then why is it that it's almost been a week and I have yet to receive the package?
    Hill: This order is within our standard shipping timeframe and will be delivered to you anytime by 04/25/2014.
    Visitor: And if I do not receive it by 04/25/2014, what should my next course of action be? To contact overstock.com again?
    Hill: Please be assured, your order has been shipped and it is currently in transit to you. We've had great success using the Postal Service for our order deliveries. You should receive your order on or before 04/25/2014. If any thing goes wrong, we will help you with full refund for the item.
    Visitor: OK, thanks for your time, it's appreciated.
    Hill: Its my pleasure helping you.
    Hill: I truly appreciate your time, patience and co-operation in this matter.
    Hill: Have I addressed all of your concerns?
    Visitor: Yes, thank you and have a nice day.
    Hill: You're most welcome. Have great times ahead.

It sounds like BS to me, but we'll see by Friday, great times are apparently ahead.

What a load of rubbish. Your package updates on the USPS website every time it gets scanned. And it gets scanned at least a few times before it gets to your post office.

And unless usps just decided not to scan any of our packages at all, I'm going with overatock just plainly not wanting to sell us these
    Due to a pricing error.

I think if it was a real screw up on their or USPS part, overatock should have done what companies like Amazon have done in the past, which is give an upgraded product and make the customer happy.

And now that I think about it, I never really asked them for a refund. I wanted to know where the package was. They sort of just said, we're giving you a refund. Very fishy.

If it was shipped priority, it comes with a full tracking number that updates each time the package is scanned. This is automatic. The "delivery confirmation only" line is bull. It's also been more than a day, and they were supposed to get back to me with a response within 24 hours. Nothing. Big surprise.

Again, I'm not upset if I don't get this bottle for this price. But I am upset that there is no communication, no valid tracking information, and they still have my money. I can deal with a product that's out of stock, or a mistake. What I can't deal with is poor customer service.

We should send this thread over to the head of customer service and see what they say about it.

I'll tell you one thing, first and last time I ever buy from overstock. It's not about a $15 perfume, this is terrible service.

After escalating the matter further, I finally got this response back tonight:

Thank you for contacting Overstock.com to advise that you have not received your recent order. I apologize that you have not received the Christian Dior 'Fahrenheit' Men's 3.4-ounce Eau de Toilette Spray (Tester) that you ordered on 04/13/2014 .

The delivery time for this product is outside our normal delivery timeframe. I have initiated a trace with USPS to locate your shipment. Please allow up to four business days for the trace to be completed. If USPS can locate your package it will be delivered to you shortly. If the carrier is not able to locate the original shipment, we will have a refund your money since the item is now out of stock. You will be contacted by phone to advise of the appropriate resolution once the trace has been completed.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to a positive resolution. If I may be of further assistance to you please let me know.

That's weird that they're making you wait to see if they can "find" the package before they refund you. I didn't even ask for a refund and they gave it to me immediately. I did call them though, so maybe that's why.

It would be a real oddity if all of our packages mysteriously disappeared in the same exact way...

It would be a real oddity if all of our packages mysteriously disappeared in the same exact way...
    No kidding. There's obviously an intentional ploy at work here.

I'm not holding my breath for an actual delivery. It's a shame though, it was a great deal.

Mine is still showing shipped April 14th with no sign of it ever actually being received by the USPS. I filed a PayPal dispute so I'm sure they'll refund my money when they can't produce a real tracking # and then try to tell me the USPS lost it.

And here is the latest:

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding your recent order for the three Christian Dior 'Fahrenheit' Men's 3.4-ounce Eau de Toilette Spray (Tester).

Unfortunately, due to an inventory error, we were unable to ship your order. After your order was placed, we found a system glitch that caused a discrepancy between our listed inventory and actual inventory. In short, our computer said we had more items in stock than we actually did. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

At this time we have cancelled your order and a refund has been issued to your original form of payment. If you received our shipment confirmation email with tracking details, please disregard this information.

I have credited the amount back to your account. The time this takes to post on your account may depend on your financial institution as credit posting timeframes may vary. If you do not see this within 3-5 business days, I encourage you to contact them.

Order problems are something we take very seriously and we want to ensure our customers are always satisfied with our goods and services. We will definitely address this error to avoid this problem in the future.

As a small token of appreciation we have added a free 1-Year Club O Membership and $5.00 in Club O Rewards to your Overstock.com account. As a Club O Member you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:

• 5% rewards on every purchase
    • Free shipping on every purchase
    • Free registration for Dining Rewards
    • Up to 25% rewards on selects items around the site
    Thank you for your business and for being a valued customer. We hope you give us another chance to fulfill your online shopping needs. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Kayla S.
    Customer Care
    Overstock.com

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Poor Kayla. If she keeps telling that tall tale she will have to have her nose shortened..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Here's my copy:

Kayla S. from Overstock.com 04/27/2014 01:02 PM
    Hello Richard,

We are contacting you regarding your recent order 134606625 for the Christian Dior 'Fahrenheit' Men's 3.4-ounce Eau de Toilette Spray (Tester).

Unfortunately, due to an inventory error, we were unable to ship your order. After your order was placed, we found a system glitch that caused a discrepancy between our listed inventory and actual inventory. In short, our computer said we had more items in stock than we actually did. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

At this time we have cancelled your order and a refund has been issued to your original form of payment. If you received our shipment confirmation email with tracking details, please disregard this information.

Orderproblems are something we take very seriously and we want to ensure our customers are always satisfied with our goods and services. We will definitely address this error to avoid this problem in the future.

I have credited the amount of $16.94 on 04/26/2014 to your PayPal account. The time this takes to post on your account may depend on your financial institution as credit posting timeframes may vary. If you do not see this within 3-5 business days, I encourage you to contact them.

As a small token of appreciation we have added a free 1-Year Club O Membership and $5.00 in Club O Rewards to your Overstock.com account. As a Club O Member you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:

• 5% rewards on every purchase
    • Free shipping onevery purchase
    • Free registration for Dining Rewards
    • Up to 25% rewards on selects items around the site

If you have not yet created an account with us, please use the following link to create a password:

Thank you for your business and for being a valued customer. We hope you give us another chance to fulfill your online shopping needs. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Kayla S.
    Customer Care
    Overstock.com