Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Talking What favorite scents do you like to recommend? Easy to find, not too expensive.

What are your favorite scents to recommend? Those that you really think are good bargains and are pretty easy to find.
    A couple I like are;

Estée Lauder- Azurée- great tangy, green, floral, leather chypre, less than $50

Houbigant- Aperçu a sappy, snappy floral chypre with plenty of golden sizzle and oak moss. I find this on the Internet at about $80. Amazing for the times in which we live.

O de Lancôme sparkling greens and white musk.

I'll try and think of some others. Do you have some favorites?
    Last edited by kumquat; 14th April 2014 at 02:42 AM.

Default Re: What favorite scents do you like to recommend? Easy to find, not too expensive.

Au the Rouge by Bvlgari (mainly it can be found online, but it's very inexpensive, unique and beautiful!)

Shalimar EdP, rich vanilla/leather. Yummy!

Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, a sweet violet rose combo that is fresh and happy.

Infusion D'Iris by Prada is a new favorite and very easy to find and inexpensive.

Gosh, the list goes on and on.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Default Re: What favorite scents do you like to recommend? Easy to find, not too expensive.

Just three of the many:

Egoiste
    Solara For Men
    Burberry London
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Cuir de Lancôme

Cartier declaration. On Amazon and other discount sites, it's inexpensive and an outstanding scent
    Current favorites:
    1. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse
    5. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    6. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

Lanvin Avant Garde

Estée Lauder: Beautiful. It's a classic!

Lalique White
    CK One Summer '14
    Halloween Man
    HeWood Rocky Mountain Wood
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Silver Al-Rehab
    Cool Water
    Fresco Ilum Dean

And yes they each have similarities to creed....

Mitsouko and Yatagan are two superb milestones which you can find at ridicolously cheap prices. Mitsouko has been (obviously) reformulated but it still smells great.
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG| Vero Kern, Boadicea, Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, M7, Capucci, Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Carbone De Balmain

Amber PH - Prada
    Egoiste - Chanel
    Bentley Intense

All 3 put most 'niche' fragrances to shame

Well, most of them have been reformulated, but of the ones that managed to stay wonderful, my favorite readily available designer/department store fragrances include...

Chanel Coco, No5 and No19
    Guerlain Chamade, L'Instant, Shalimar Parfum Initial, Insolence and Samsara
    Dior Dune and Addict
    Clinique Aromatics Elixir
    Estée Lauder Knowing, Azurée, Aliage, Youth Dew and Private Collection
    Givenchy Ysatis
    Lancôme Climat
    Last edited by Evangeline; 14th April 2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Turbulences by Revillon is another great chypre. I bought blind but now there is some great information about it. I have the parfum. Here's a nice review.
    http://www.thenonblonde.com/2009/09/...fum-cheap.html

^^ Oh, that's a great one kumquat, but it's been a long time since I've seen it in stores - do you know if Turbulences is still available?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

No, I got it someplace like FragranceNet. But it was not expensive. Please don't pay a lot for this. I hope I don't create a rush on some of these little secret treasures.

Ok firstly al haramain or rasasi. But I definitely recommend Al Haramain. Not to expensive at all and it gives most of these do called 'expensive' scents a run for their money at half the price. Men or Women use will be thoroughly impressed

Basenotes Plus

Where I live, it is difficult to find niche, so I have spent years mining for gold in the designer/mainstream sections of the local department stores and the excellent and well-priced options I can heartily recommend are as follows:

Clinique Aromatics Elixir (if applied lightly to the chest as a "walk through", this is mysterious, earthy, beautiful, and Gothic - easily unisex)
    Bvlgari Black (unisex, have repurchased this many times, and each time the sales assistant tries to stop me, telling me "MODOM! This is for men only!")
    Dior Homme Intense (possibly one of the best and most swoon-worthy fragrances in the world, easily outperforms most niche fragrances I have tried)
    Cartier Baiser Vole - a pretty ballerina scent with a stupendous natural green lily topnote
    Chanel No. 19 (Where I live, it retails for about 50 euros for a 75ml EDT bottle, so not a bad price for possibly the best green floral out there, niche or no)
    Burberry (original, for women) - peachy, warm floral, oh so sexy and my signature for over ten years. It disturbs me how cheap this is....
    ST Dupont Rose et Oud (rivals Montale for the strong pairing of rose and oud - picked up a 100ml bottle of this for about 60 euros - lasts forever on my skin), and the Oud et Santal is another good one in this line, comparable to Dark Aoud by Montale
    Prada Infusion D'Iris - you can pick up a 100ml bottle for very little money if you are lucky to happen upon a sale. I find it more of a superb, old-fashioned Italian style cologne than an iris fragrance, properly speaking, and it is heavenly splashed on after a cool shower on a blisteringly hot day in the Mediterranean
    Balmain - Ivoire and Ambre Gris: cheap as chips, and both very nice indeed

Blog Entries

Here's another one- Salvador Dali Femme. Spicy chypre. On the Internet.

And Laura Biagiotti- Roma Femme also spicy and basically 'golden' chypre. Internet.

I also had good results buying remaindered Mitsouko modern EDT. Very nice, even though re-formulated.
    And Balmain Ivoire ​is so good, if it's still cheap. I think lately the prices are going up on Ebay. I got a bottle remaindered at TJMaxx a few years back for $15.
    Last edited by kumquat; 14th April 2014 at 09:27 PM.

At the moment I would have to recommend my newly acquired Guerlain Jicky. I have fallen for this fragrance very much.

Others might be
    Cartier Pasha
    Jacques One Man Show
    Hanae Morie HM
    Dolce and Gabbana The One
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Among others:

Je Reviens by Worth
    most Yardley scents, especially Citrus&Wood, but also their iconic Lavender
    seconding indeed most Salvador Dali fragrances- good quality at very affordable costs and with extremely good availability
    Braukman Classic by Hildegard Braukman- surprisingly good quality German budget brand, available in most department stores and malls both all over Germanic speaking countries and increasingly in the online stores of these retailers (thus not so difficult to purchase and ship online)
    Most Faconnable fragrances, especially pour Homme and Face a Face

Basenotes Junkie

Bleu d' Chanel
    YSL La Nuit
    Eau d' Baux

all pretty easy to find and generally very likeable.

rick

Basenotes Plus

HDP 1725
    Phaedon Tabac Rouge
    SL Chergui
    Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velours
    Pure Havane
    Joop Homme
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Tauer LADDM

Lauren
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself, therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "Shaw"

Salvador Dali. Cheap but not for the timid. One bottle will last you a lifetime.

Bleu de Chanel - accessible, long lasting, and most importantly it's extremely versatile which makes it a nice one to recommend.

Tiffany For Men - not too common, a very classy masculine scent. One of my personal favorites.

YSL Rive Gauche PH - very unique scent (in my view), tin can version still available,

I'm always recommending:

Ava Luxe No. 23 - internet from her site, but cheap and comes in small bottles, a wonderful little sandalwood
    Chanel - No. 5 Eau Premiere, for those of us that don't do the original very well.
    Mauboussin - the original, cheap and wonderful - a 5 star fragrance for me
    Dior Homme - lovely, warm iris, and it is everywhere
    Eau de Lalique - cheap and a lovely herbal eau with some staying power
    Donna Karen Gold - cheap, lily and amber, lovely
    Roberto Cavalli - Oro, super cheap, spicy, boozy, woody oriental that is probably the best bang for the buck I have found
    Last edited by cello; 29th April 2014 at 02:52 AM.

I tend to recommend stuff from the more pricey end of mainstream

But if you are in Europe anywhere other than the UK, two that are amazingly inexpensive and everywhere are Eau de Rochas Homme and Caron Pour in Homme.

In the UK, you won't find these in stores, you need to know where to look, online. But they are still crazy cheap! I have 200ml bottles of each, and mil for mil they cost me less than a bottle of Old Spice. Which in itself isn't such a bad suggestion either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salvador Dali Laguna
    S.T.Dupont pour Femme
    Annayake Miyako

male
    Habit Rouge Guerlain
    Yatagan Caron
    Kenzo Jungle homme