Code of Conduct

Default Atelier de Givenchy: anyone tried these?

I was already experiencing olfactory overload by the time I found these in Harrods on Saturday. I took a few cursory sniffs, but my heart wasn't in it and nothing jumped out at me.

Has anyone here tried them? Any standouts?

Default Re: Atelier de Givenchy: anyone tried these?

Haven't seen these out yet in the US. Looking forward to trying them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I saw these in France, alongside the new YSLs. Evidently, both brands wanted an exclusive line like Chanel and Dior (and despite the fact that Givenchy had already reissued some old staples in a revamped line-but evidently the price point is too low). I can't help but feel that these are just attempts to ride a fashion, and the number of releases doesn't allow proper care - even the names (each with a material) feels like a rushed job. There was as usual attention to marketing, the display focused on the "atelier" theme with lots of buttons, ribbons, and the like. The store (on the Champs Elysees, thus very touristy) even had a couple of (I assume) Givenchy employees sewing and embroidering things.

In any case, I smelled quickly, they impression was ok, but nothing jumped out, as Kagey said. But I was under sensory overload, so I need to resmell.

cacio

Saks is supposed to be getting them any day now so I hope I will be able to pick them up there.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I received a Saks ad catalog, and they advertised both the Atelier line and the exclusive YSL. So, as hednic was saying, I think we should see them soon there. (there was also an ad for a Ferragamo "exclusive" line I had not been aware of).

cacio

Well, I guess everyone's getting in on the act. Can we hope for anything really good from these latecomers?

Meanwhile, Harrods was featuring Lancome's oud perfume yesterday. Beautiful bottle, pretty run-of-the-mill rose oud smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Well, I guess everyone's getting in on the act. Can we hope for anything really good from these latecomers?

Meanwhile, Harrods was featuring Lancome's oud perfume yesterday. Beautiful bottle, pretty run-of-the-mill rose oud smell.
    Were you told when they would be available at Harrods or were they already there when you were there yesterday?

All seven arrived yesterday and have already tried three. Very pleased with the results so far.