Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Monday, 14 April, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Ancient Resins - Aftelier.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 14 April, 2014.

Morning everyone! Sorry I missed checking in at the weekend, we had a wonderful but hectic family weekend! Tested a few new samples out at the weekend (Palais Jamais, Roma Imperiale, Acqua Viva, and Eau Lente - I was only impressed with Palais Jamais - what can I say, I'm a girl who likes her greens!)

This morning, I am in Cuir de Russie EDT - and wowee! It brings me back to my teenage years when I rose out for a local horse racing stables every morning at six am. We would each load up two or three horses into a massive horse trailer, drive down to the beach (the same beach where they filmed the Normandy beach landings scene in Saving Private Ryan) and race them up and down the beach. Later, when I would load the horses back up into the trailer, I would breathe in their sweaty, steamy aura, and joined by the aroma of the leather from their bridles, this was the scent of my youth. Ah....and one spritz of Cuir de Russie more than two decades later and I am back there with those noble, shivering beasts in the warm confines of the horse trailer.

ExtremeK - thanks so much for the rundown of the PG fragrances you have tried and loved! I like the sound of Cuir d'Iris, as I am a fan of the leather florals and not so much the beefy leathers a la Cuir Ottoman (which I found to be unpleasantly beefy albeit hyper realisticly leather, although I know I am in the minority here on BN in not being a huge fan). Thus far, out of all the PGs I have tried, L'Ombre Fauve is by far my favorite, followed by Coze in distant second.

BTW, ExtremeK - I saw you had Mito as your SOTD yesterday - could you compare it to other green fragrances like No. 19, Cristalle, Chamade, etc? It's just that I am considering a blind purchase of a decant and want to know whether it is a justifiable purchase when I already have the aforementioned (plus Le Temps d'Une Fete)? The decant would cost 29 euros for 10mls.

Mike - Shalimar is exactly the right thing to wear to the parade! I hope you had boatloads of fun yesterday - do let us know how much mischief you got up to :-)

jujy, I am so happy to hear that everything went well with your surgery! I wish you a speedy recovery!

ClaireV, I really enjoyed your description of the horse race on the beach!
    I love horses, but, living in the city, I almost never had the chance to ride one.

I am in Almond Coconut - Laura Mercier again,
    layered with Dolce & Gabbana pour femme (new)

Today I found this petition about the E.C. regulations about perfume and I post it here for those who would like to sign.

http://www.parfumo.net/petition/index.html

http://www.parfumo.net/petition/peti...1f515748f13c70

Have a lovely day!
    Last edited by *dora*; 14th April 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 14 April, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge for me today.

Wish you all a great start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Bonjour Mesdames!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Rochas Man Intense

Hello all. Jaipur Homme. I owned Palais Jamais and swapped it away long ago.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Hi all,

*dora*, l've tried several times to sign that petition, & it won't work for me. ls anyone else having the same trouble?

Claire; l love your story about the horses, too.

Erin; waiting with bated breath for updates on your new friend!

l think l did something to my lower back yesterday; lying on my back was agony overnight, l'm walking very stiffly, & even sitting down is pretty painful, too. l'm trying to keep moving though, & hoping a few doses of ibuprofen will help.

Wearing Tubereuse 3 L'Animale by HdP, from my sample.

Have a good week, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Aoud Heritage by Montale

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

teardrop, I also had to try three times before it finally worked. It kept saying I had written the Captcha code wrong.
    Last edited by *dora*; 14th April 2014 at 12:58 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Woods of Windsor for Gentleman this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lostmarc'h - Iroaz

The 30mph winds yesterday afternoon blew in some chilly air, so I will warm up in Chanel Bois des Iles for my first day back at work since Tue last week. Have a great day all!!!

Amouage Epic Man
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Hello everyone -

Well, I believe I decided back in January that Iris Prima would be better for tennis, but I decided to give it another try for ballet this morning, although I'm already reminded why I came to that decision - it's just so very light and casual and extremely short-lived. Nice, but imo not really beautiful or even very pretty, and I still just don't get the ballet connection *at all* (though I did get a good chuckle from several reviews elsewhere waxing all rhapsodic and romantic about satin and tutus and leather ballet shoes ...that's some powerful marketing at work, lol.) The iris itself is lovely, but it's the most fleeting I've ever come across, and what's left is a slightly leathery and otherwise unremarkable skin-scent ...quel dommage. Oh well, I've got a bottle of it so I may as well apply with abandon - that should do the trick.

Y'all have a great day!

ExtremeK - that alleged magnolia note in Mito did indeed have me intrigued, but I wasn't able to detect it ...have you? I have a sample so I'm happy to give it another try as my first impression was mostly favorable, regardless of the phantom magnolia ...as I recall it reminded me of original vintage Private Collection, and that certainly deserves further exploration.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Bulgari Aqua Amara

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Hello all. Jaipur Homme. I owned Palais Jamais and swapped it away long ago.
    Hi Donna - may I ask why you swapped Palais Jamais away? The reason I ask is, I don't want to invest and then find out that it gets tiresome/boring/objectionable with more wear...so please do tell! (By the way, I see you are from N. Ireland and I am originally from Rep. of Ireland myself!)

Good morning all!

House of Matriarch Blackbird

Goodluck back at the grind cello!

Montale, Black Aoud

Attachment 27273

Good morning!

ClaireV, I also loved your story of riding the horses on the beach and the smell of them in the trailer; you have a way with words! As far as Mito goes: I have never smelled it, but after sniffing Vero Perfumo's Onda I would be afraid to blind buy any of Vero's creations - even a decant (which is expensive in itself, this is some serious niche business). If it was me, I'd get a sample first.

(((teardrop))),Sorry your back is hurting! I hope it works itself out. About the guy: I woke up pretty excited about him, myself! He told me he'd looked me up on facebook, and sent me his own FB link, but I couldn't bring myself to look at it. I want to hold on to the fantasy he looks like (hmm, which current celebrity crush can I go with...let's go with Inside Llewyn Davis's) Oscar Isaac (megaswoon) just a wee bit longer.

In Hiris. I couldn't make my mind up this morning and I knew I'd at least be iris twins with someone. Glad to see it's Evangeline. Iris Prima turned out to be a comfort scent to me, E. After the lovely opening it just gets all warm and velvety - I find it beautiful in a very understated, uncomplicated way. I see a full bottle in my future.

autochrome, May 1924, France. unknown photographer
    Last edited by ErinK; 14th April 2014 at 02:15 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! It's turned cold again here, tonight it's suppose to get down to around 11F, it sure doesn't feel like spring anymore.

Teardrop, I hope your back straightens out soon. It's hard when it ruins your sleep because you can't get comfortable.

Wearing Elie Saab Le Parfum today, with notes of orange blossom, jasmine, patchouli, rose and cedarwood.

Have a great day! xoxo
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 14th April 2014 at 02:30 PM.

(I'm breezing through the thread too quickly these days! I would have completely missed giving teardrop a hug if not for all you other considerate folks.)

So sorry your back's outta whack, ((teardrop)) - sending comforting hugs and virtual massage therapy your way ...although I'm really hoping the ibuprofen helps, too.

Erin - I can see "warm and velvety" as well as "understated" and "uncomplicated" but I haven't gotten to "beautiful" quite yet. Though I think part of my problem is that I already have a few other fragrances that do what I thought this one would do, and imo they do it better ...though given time I'm sure I'll see the distinctions, and Iris Prima will probably grow on me ...which is very frequently the case, which is why I *rarely* ever get rid of anything.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

By Kilian Imperial Tea from a sample this morning.

Have a good start of the week, everyone!

Teardrop!! So sorry to hear you are in pain.
    I get a slipped disc now and then and know how
    debilitating back backs can be. Ibuprofen and a cold pack
    would be my suggestion and rest until it becomes a little
    easier to move.

Claire, I too grew up around horses and consequently adore
    the smell of leather.

I am wearing Idylle edt and trying to catch the odd ray of sunshine.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning. Barest touch of Narcotic Venus. Gentle, floral, fresh, beautiful. The migraine returned this morning, in force like nothing i have felt in years, got it tentatively semi-controlled with imitrex, I was worried because it felt like the 4 day ones of my 30s but it seems to have ebbed and I will trust this, though not eating anything just yet.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Claire, really enjoyed your reminiscences and was immediately put in mind of something familiar. A floral non-beefy leather with equestrian leanings ? - you just described Royal Delight by Creed perfectly. If you haven't already tried it I can't help thinking it would be right up your alley.

Mrs E, I find the magnolia in Mito largely undetectable too - galbanum seems the most dominant accord to my nose.

SotD is Amouage Reflection.

Stay right where you are, teardrop - heading in your direction on a mission of mercy.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 14th April 2014 at 03:42 PM.

queen of the universe

Continuing to heal in SL Sarrasins. It has a slightly medicinal quality that is just right. Applied over the remains of last night's Fabergé Aphrodisia EDC, a penetrating chypre—nevermind the EDC appellation or its drugstore designation—that ought to be legendary.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Méchant Loup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugs to Teardrop, jujy and Robin, and best to everyone.

It's cold here again, which has me in Chanel Coromandel.

Basenotes Institution

rynegene - that sandalwood scent sounds good - it sounds like you've been inspired lately by the note. Me too. It's always a smell that grounds me and makes me feel just right.
    ExtremeK & danieq - well I am not supposed to get as much sun as I do (my doctor tells me this when he sees me) but I really do enjoy it and my oily skin reacts well to sun (it dries it out a bit) and I also need to keep my Vitamin D levels up, per my doctor's suggestion. Plus, for vanity reasons, I just look 'healthier' with a tan. ExtremeK - I love Mito. Did you hear that she made a new formulation of that one also?
    teardrop - Oh I really want to smell that ELDO, I love the smell of Thai food
    Rev320 - yes Jicky has a way of getting under your skin, no? I was decanting some this morning for a BN buddy and I got some all over my fingers and I wanted to wear it so bad as my SOTD. It tugs on the heartstrings.
    Robin-in-Fl - wow your 9 year old is fast! Good for her.
    RHM - ((squishy kissy kitten hugs))
    Mocha - what do you think about the TF Santal Blush? I liked it when I first sniffed it but it sort of wore on me, it's so...strong. I think I would like it as a Body Lotion.
    ErinK - it's most likely that your body temperature (because of the weather & your tanned skin) is higher - and because of this your fragrance is heating up and burning off quicker. This same exact thing happens to me in Summer. The trick - splash on some witch hazel based toner (something with some glycerin in it, for a light emollient/moisturizing effect), and apply lightly and often. Rather instead of 3-4 sprays maybe 1-2 but spaced out an hour or so apart. I find this usually is my summer time application method - especially when I'm tanned.
    ClaireV - the Parade was fun. It was super hot (and it rained for a few minutes, a few times so it was also really humid). The crowd was very inebriated. Which of course made it even more fun and a bit dicey (I don't drink). Nonetheless I ran into a ton of people, many of whom I haven't seen since I am single now and everyone had nice things to say. There was a float from Chipotle, the restaurant. It was hilarious - they had a riding bronco on the float. But instead of it being a mock-bull, it was a burrito. It made everyone LOL when they saw it. So funny!
    teardrop - ibuprofen, heat-then-cold-then-heat-then-cold and getting off your feet is what you need.
    cello - I was on the phone with a woman today, from the north US (she called me to do an employment verification for one of my employees) and she said they expect snow tomorrow. Crazy!

From my decant:

Fleur de Liane by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Gosh, this stuff is incredible. I love it. I always forget how wonderful it is. It, like Goutal's Un Matin d'Orage, captures that wonderful feeling of wet flowers...having just been rained on. Sexy as hell. One of Duchaufour's best IMO.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

LOL Jon, that's so sweet! Almost worth getting a bad back for. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for all the hugs & well-wishes. After hobbling to the Post Office & back - very strange as l normally walk fast & take long strides - l've spent the afternoon resting & reading, only feeling slightly guilty for putting my feet up instead of getting things done. Maybe it was just what l needed.

Erin; l'm amazed that anyone could resist the temptation to take a peek! l sure hope he lives up to your image of him.

Kewart; how do you get over a slipped disc? l'm a little worried that's what's happened. l am a nurse, but backs really aren't my area of expertise.

Mike; l love Un Matin d'Orage & l'm intrigued by your comparison with Fleur de Liane. Did l read somewhere that it's been discontinued?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Snow tonight after being 78 on Saturday...we just can't shake this cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Hugs to Teardrop, jujy and Robin, and best to everyone.

It's cold here again, which has me in Chanel Coromandel.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    LOL Jon, that's so sweet! Almost worth getting a bad back for. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for all the hugs & well-wishes. After hobbling to the Post Office & back - very strange as l normally walk fast & take long strides - l've spent the afternoon resting & reading, only feeling slightly guilty for putting my feet up instead of getting things done. Maybe it was just what l needed.

Erin; l'm amazed that anyone could resist the temptation to take a peek! l sure hope he lives up to your image of him.

Kewart; how do you get over a slipped disc? l'm a little worried that's what's happened. l am a nurse, but backs really aren't my area of expertise.

Mike; l love Un Matin d'Orage & l'm intrigued by your comparison with Fleur de Liane. Did l read somewhere that it's been discontinued?
    Fleur de Liane is not discontinued. L'Artisan reduces the production of Fleur de Liane together with some other scents to once per year. Once the current stock is gone, Fleur de Liane can only be found in L'Artisan stores in France as well as L'Artisan US online.

Wearing Pure Desir de Mimosa today. I loved it when I bought it, but niw, all I smell are synthesis! Will have to seek out a Mimosa alternative.

Jon, your reflection photo simply slays me!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

I love the mimosa note in Les Nez Turtle Vetiver Back, you may want to check that one out if you enjoy vetiver used in conjunction with vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post

Wearing Pure Desir de Mimosa today. I loved it when I bought it, but niw, all I smell are synthesis! Will have to seek out a Mimosa alternative.

Jon, your reflection photo simply slays me!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

273 Rodeo Drive.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hiyo. Just a wave of the hanky from me today.
    Still coughing, no sense of smell, and my honey buns is stricken, too. Will play SotD catchup tomorrow.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Get better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Hiyo. Just a wave of the hanky from me today.
    Still coughing, no sense of smell, and my honey buns is stricken, too. Will play SotD catchup tomorrow.

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Thanks for the suggestion Rynegne, unfortunately, I don't care for Vetiver, at least not when it is strong. Deep in the background it's ok. I ave the same response to Patchouli.

I went for a walk and that seemed to burn off a lot of the chemical smell so what is left is nicer now. I do have OpusIII which is a great mimosa, may have to stick with that. And I was thinking of keeping my eyes out for a bottle of Mimosa Pour Moi which I recall likening. May need to test again though, to be certain it doesn't suffer the same malady.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Blog Entries

Danie, have you tried Une Fleur de Cassie?

Q, do get well soon, you & your sweetie.

(((Quarry and Mr. Q))) At least you can be icky together which hopefully means neither of you is missing out on anything too much.

I switched up deodorants today and am wearing lavender Tom's. I keep getting a whiff and mixed with my natural stank (I go to the gym at lunch) it smells like Old Spice, which is odd, but I love it, and it's making me want to get some Old Spice, which I think is SO sexy in the heat (well, on a guy at least).
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Fleur de Liane by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Gosh, this stuff is incredible. I love it. I always forget how wonderful it is. It, like Goutal's Un Matin d'Orage, captures that wonderful feeling of wet flowers...having just been rained on. Sexy as hell. One of Duchaufour's best IMO.

Mike, this has managed to completely pass me by. An overtly prominent tuberose could be a potential caveat but otherwise it sounds like something I would really enjoy particularly with BD being involved. Promising !.

SotE - Annick Goutal Folavril.

(((Mr and Mrs Q)))

Blog Entries

Profumum-
    Rosae Mundi

Last edited by kumquat; 14th April 2014 at 09:06 PM.

Well, enough of the not-very-irisy iris of Iris Prima, I'm in the *real* deal for the afternoon, Iris Silver Mist ...aah, that's better.

Definitely a more "vetiver-forward" fragrance.

Thanks for the suggestion Rynegne, unfortunately, I don't care for Vetiver, at least not when it is strong.

I went for a really lovely exploration of pretty countryside villages, tea rooms and great views today, in gorgeous springtime English sunshine today I may not be able to walk more than a few steps, but I can get from house to car seat to tea room seat, back to car seat and back to house again

Sorry to hear your back is not doing so well with your back teardrop. Ibuprofen, ice and rest will help you heal no matter what you've done to your back, but I'd also find a really good and gentle osteopath. I have had a couple of bad experiences with chiropracters so I don't go there, but my osteopath has kept my very compromised back in working shape for over 20 years now.

You also need to get to your GP and have them tell you that it's probably mechanical back pain but they will book you an x-ray, which won't sort out your problems but will get the starting point for your back problems listed with your GP, so that when you ask for a referral they know how long things have been going on. In an ideal world you'd be seeing an orthopaedic surgeon for an examination and an MRI shortly, but your GP won't do that until they are reasonably sure that it's not just a strain that will pass in a couple of weeks without further treatment.

I hope that you don't have any issues with your discs, but it's worth bearing in mind that even small torn muscles in your back can feel like the end of the world once your back goes into spasm, so please don't assume the worst until someone competent has examined you and worked out what is functioning and what isn't.

Crossed fingers that your problems are resolved soon and with no lasting damage
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

You know, Teardrop, I have a decant of Une Fleur de Cassie which for some reason I have never tried. Probably for fear I will like it and then have to buy it and FMs are sooooo pricey. I've yet to cave on any of them!
    Last edited by danieq; 14th April 2014 at 11:19 PM.

Blog Entries

sfmedusa, thank you for all your kind & thoughtful advice, l have taken note of all you said.

Glad you had such a lovely day out, it was certainly a perfect day for it!

I'm wearing Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian all week so I'm set for the synch on Friday which is "Your Current Favorite". I go back and forth between this and vintage Shalimar.

We're in Virginia and will be here until the end of the month. I forgot to bring a Chanel and have none here so I'm going to try to beg a sample from the local department store for the synch at the end of the month.

Hope everyone is having a great day. The weather is terrific here and the red bud trees and daffodils are blooming.

Betsy
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Sounds lovely Betsey, wish I could join you!

I have terrible news. I have tried Une Fleur de Cassie and seem to be smitten. The only thing is that it smells like Iris to my nose, which isn't even listed as a note. Can anyone confirm?

danieq, I haven't yet tried UFDC yet - it's near the top of my own "to try" list.

In the mail today I got my official reject letter from the job interview I had a couple weeks ago. Next!

In vintage Jicky EDT tonight. It was *exactly* what I wanted. I love its sexy androgyny. This is the David Bowie of my perfume collection...or do I want to go with my real true love Marc Bolan, hmm.... Well, one or the other.

Basenotes Plus

Sounds lovely Betsey, wish I could join you!

I have terrible news. I have tried Une Fleur de Cassie and seem to be smitten. The only thing is that it smells like Iris to my nose, which isn't even listed as a note. Can anyone confirm?
    Nope, no iris, at least I don't think so! But it is an awfully complex, symphonic, dirty floral so it may be in there somewhere under all that Cassie absolute/ acacia.....by the way, Danie - it happens to be my HG, shhhhh, don't tell anyone, will you? I am dithering over a 50ml bottle because even that size obliterates my budget for two months....:-(

Wearing one I haven't released yet tonight...NorOud: Oud, Hops, Fruit, Cedar, Styrax, Star Anise, Cardamom, Black Pepper.

I'm wearing Cuir Amethyste today. I woke up to snow today and we had turned on the air conditioner Saturday. <shaking my head> Crazy weather!

ClaireV, cool story about the horses. I have always been fascinated by horses and would like to get to know them better ... My dream as a girl was to own a horse.

Sorry, Erin ... on to the next job interview.

mike, the parade sounds fun ... glad you are getting out and enjoying it and seeing old friends!

Hugs and virtual chicken soup to Quarry and mister, teardrop, Robin, jujy, and anyone else who needs them!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hah, Mike, believe it or not, I felt the same way about Santal Blush: "I liked it when I first sniffed it but it sort of wore on me, it's so...strong. I think I would like it as a Body Lotion."

I loved the opening, and then the initial sandalwood, which reminded me of Tam Dao EDP. But it amped itself up so much over time that I found it less pleasant. So I still prefer Tam Dao EDP. Tam Dao's only shortcomings for me were being a little quiet and linear, but I think I actually prefer the scent that leaves me wanting more to the one that leaves me wanting less.

Of course, I'm much more critical of Santal Blush because it's more than twice the price.

And I will wear the Santal Blush again, so I reserve the right to change my mind completely.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Knize Ten tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the kitten kisses Mike. This little girl is an absolute doll.

Hugs to Q & Mr. I know what you are going through.

{{{{{{teardrop, Robin & jujy}}}}}}]

SOTD is EL Azuree. My husband, who never compliments my fragrance, told me I smelled really nice.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lots of hugs to teardrop, jujy, robin, and M. et Mm. Quarry -- and ErinK, too, even if you don't really need 'em. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Evangeline, Sunday was my 4th time or so sampling Mito, and it was the first time I caught whiffs of a white floral -- I assume that must be the magnolia. I couldn't smell it while directly sniffing my wrist, but I caught it in the sillage as it wafted about I find the magnolia to be quite a delicate fragrance, which seems to be atypical for her fragrances. Like Jon, I get mostly fine galbanum.

ClaireV, I am probably the person least able on this board to speak intelligently about green fragrances -- there are only a few that I like: Mito, Bel Respiro, and the discontinued Diptyque Virgilio. Evangeline and Jon are your best bets for comparisons with Mito as I confess I haven't ever smelled any of the fragrances you listed. I do, however, ADORE UFdC

I think you'll quite like Cuir d'Iris. I assume you've tried Serge Lutens Daim Blond? That's my all-time most-worn. Two others you should try are Parfums DelRae Mythique (lovely smooth iris but perhaps not enough florals for you) and one I can't believe Jon neglected to recommend!!! The incomparable Arquiste Aleksandr -- suede, violets, and balsam. Lovely stuff.

It. Snowed. Again. So I dug out Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114 . It sort of kept me warm.

Oh Erin, I'm sorry to hear that! Bugger! Well, lets hope that means that something even better is right around the corner.

ExtremeK, you've made some delicious sounding recommends in there!