Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smile Re: Home study courses for perfumery?

Hello Miss Vanilla

Just reading and forgive me if it has already been mentioned but what about Karen Gilbert here in London, she offers online courses that cover naturals and like others here on this thread Karens background in the world of perfumery is also truly first class. Here is a link to her site http://www.karengilbert.co.uk/course...umery-training

If it looks promising maybe get in touch and say hi to her and you could take it from there.

All the best, Adam

Default Re: Home study courses for perfumery?

Most perfumers start with natural materials because mostly what makes them interested in the first place are the real smells in nature (flowers, leaves etc). But if you want to start with synthetic materials I would say why not, it will probably be interesting too and may create another new mindset and approach than most perfumers.
    Attention-deficit sometimes can be a valuable asset in perfumery because perfume is a slow process making.
    Last edited by anrat; 25th June 2014 at 10:01 AM.
    www.eyeofthevoyager.com (owner)

Anya and Adam, thanks for the info and links. I will be checking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by anrat View Post
    Most perfumers start with natural materials because mostly what makes them interested in the first place are the real smells in nature (flowers, leaves etc). But if you want to start with synthetic materials I would say why not, it will probably be interesting too and may create another new mindset and approach than most perfumers.
    Attention-deficit sometimes can be a valuable asset in perfumery because perfume is a slow process making.
    That's good to hear because it isn't much of an asset in the rest of my life.
    "This, what is it in itself, and by itself, according to its proper constitution? What is the substance of it? What is the matter, or proper use? What is the form, or efficient cause? What is it for in this world, and how long will it abide? Thus must thou examine all things that present themselves unto thee." Marcus Aurelius

I also offer online distance learning in perfumery, customized to your level, needs and time. If you're interested, please contact me through irinatudor.nl
    @SomethingSmelly

Quote Originally Posted by Irina View Post
    I also offer online distance learning in perfumery, customized to your level, needs and time. If you're interested, please contact me through irinatudor.nl
    Irina, thanks for the info.

Sadly, I find the holidays so depressing. I haven't been working on my perfume or my jewelry.

This too shall pass.
    "This, what is it in itself, and by itself, according to its proper constitution? What is the substance of it? What is the matter, or proper use? What is the form, or efficient cause? What is it for in this world, and how long will it abide? Thus must thou examine all things that present themselves unto thee." Marcus Aurelius