Code of Conduct

Default Any try J-Lo Desio for men?

I know, I know....ALL celeb scents completely suck to Basenoters. But still I'm curious about this release, so any info/experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Any try J-Lo Desio for men?

I have tried it and its ok. Spend your money elsewhere.

Blog Entries

I got a good deal on a gift set, and have been happy with it. I had tested it in the stores and liked it, so I kept an eye out for a deal.

It's a fairly linear, synthetic, quasi-tobacco scent with just a touch of marine and fresh stuff. I like the aftershave and deo that I got in the set, too, and sometimes just use the aftershave with other things. Nice to wear in the evening, too. Nothing complicated. Reasonable longevity, too.

Tried it years ago. I don't remember much. I think it was a fruitier version of Versace Man (purple bottle) as I remember. Ultimately forgettable, I found it either very synthetic smelling, or even chemical smelling. I usually give all cheapies the benefit of the doubt, but this one I never went back to visit.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

vinramani09 and Red, thank you guys for chiming in! Kinda figured for around $10 bucks, it might be worth a try....since the scent actually sounded fairly unique with berries/citrus and tobacco.(especially considering it's a celebrity frag)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Tried it years ago. I don't remember much. I think it was a fruitier version of Versace Man (purple bottle) as I remember. Ultimately forgettable, I found it either very synthetic smelling, or even chemical smelling. I usually give all cheapies the benefit of the doubt, but this one I never went back to visit.
    Thanks Cologneist, was hoping you'd show up with some insight. I figured you'd probably given this one a go at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Thanks Cologneist, was hoping you'd show up with some insight. I figured you'd probably given this one a go at some point.
    Anytime bud. I don't wanna write it off though all together.. Fragrantica reviews have some big fans of this, I know mymickers likes this one as well. It's like 13 bucks on scentedmonkey now, for the 1.7 oz, wait a few days, they'll probably have another free shipping offer. Worst case scenario.. it ends up sucking, you use it for a room spray.

The more I think about it now, the more I remember it. Yes it had a nice berry opening, but quickly died down into a boring synthetic tobacco.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Anytime bud. I don't wanna write it off though all together.. Fragrantica reviews have some big fans of this, I know mymickers likes this one as well. It's like 13 bucks on scentedmonkey now, for the 1.7 oz, wait a few days, they'll probably have another free shipping offer. Worst case scenario.. it ends up sucking, you use it for a room spray.

The more I think about it now, the more I remember it. Yes it had a nice berry opening, but quickly died down into a boring synthetic tobacco.
    It's definitely close to the edge of what I can honestly call tobacco. It's like "tobacco-reminiscent imitation plum" or something of the sort. But I'm such a tobacco nut, that ANYTHING in the general direction of tobacco gets a pass!!!