Code of Conduct

Default Any try J-Lo Desio for men?

I know, I know....ALL celeb scents completely suck to Basenoters. But still I'm curious about this release, so any info/experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Any try J-Lo Desio for men?

I have tried it and its ok. Spend your money elsewhere.

Blog Entries

I got a good deal on a gift set, and have been happy with it. I had tested it in the stores and liked it, so I kept an eye out for a deal.

It's a fairly linear, synthetic, quasi-tobacco scent with just a touch of marine and fresh stuff. I like the aftershave and deo that I got in the set, too, and sometimes just use the aftershave with other things. Nice to wear in the evening, too. Nothing complicated. Reasonable longevity, too.

Tried it years ago. I don't remember much. I think it was a fruitier version of Versace Man (purple bottle) as I remember. Ultimately forgettable, I found it either very synthetic smelling, or even chemical smelling. I usually give all cheapies the benefit of the doubt, but this one I never went back to visit.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

vinramani09 and Red, thank you guys for chiming in! Kinda figured for around $10 bucks, it might be worth a try....since the scent actually sounded fairly unique with berries/citrus and tobacco.(especially considering it's a celebrity frag)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Tried it years ago. I don't remember much. I think it was a fruitier version of Versace Man (purple bottle) as I remember. Ultimately forgettable, I found it either very synthetic smelling, or even chemical smelling. I usually give all cheapies the benefit of the doubt, but this one I never went back to visit.
    Thanks Cologneist, was hoping you'd show up with some insight. I figured you'd probably given this one a go at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Thanks Cologneist, was hoping you'd show up with some insight. I figured you'd probably given this one a go at some point.
    Anytime bud. I don't wanna write it off though all together.. Fragrantica reviews have some big fans of this, I know mymickers likes this one as well. It's like 13 bucks on scentedmonkey now, for the 1.7 oz, wait a few days, they'll probably have another free shipping offer. Worst case scenario.. it ends up sucking, you use it for a room spray.

The more I think about it now, the more I remember it. Yes it had a nice berry opening, but quickly died down into a boring synthetic tobacco.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Anytime bud. I don't wanna write it off though all together.. Fragrantica reviews have some big fans of this, I know mymickers likes this one as well. It's like 13 bucks on scentedmonkey now, for the 1.7 oz, wait a few days, they'll probably have another free shipping offer. Worst case scenario.. it ends up sucking, you use it for a room spray.

The more I think about it now, the more I remember it. Yes it had a nice berry opening, but quickly died down into a boring synthetic tobacco.
    It's definitely close to the edge of what I can honestly call tobacco. It's like "tobacco-reminiscent imitation plum" or something of the sort. But I'm such a tobacco nut, that ANYTHING in the general direction of tobacco gets a pass!!!