Code of Conduct

Default Thierry Mugler A*MEN Pure Wood

Those who like Thierry Muglers frags, Pure Wood is coming soon!

Exclusive access on 7.15.14 at muglerusa.com

I can't find any other info about it whatsoever.

http://www.muglerusa.com/a-men-pure-...woodcountdown/

Default Re: Thierry Mugler A*MEN Pure Wood

Annoyingly (and perhaps somewhat predictably) no mention of it whatsoever on TM's UK site. Looks like international customers will be kept waiting by TM. Again...

It should be interesting to see what it's like.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Seen this coming sooner or later.

Still one to sample!

I thought it very much that it will be FBW!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Wonder if this will be overtly sweet like Malt and Havane. Bought each and found them to be way too sweet for my tastes. Still, I'll probably read thoughts of the initial wave of buyers and possibly make a purchase after...or test if it's in department stores locally.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Has there been word as to what kind of wood this will be? Seems a little late for Mugler to join the oud party.

A new A*Men perfume.
    It's interesting this perfume company is able to successfully make flanker perfumes based their successful perfume 'A*Men perfume for men'.

I think this perfume is going to be popular with the guys who liked A*Men perfume, Pure Malt perfume, Pure Havana perfume, Pure Coffee perfume, Pure Shot perfume & the rest of the perfume company Thierry Mugler- men's perfume line.

for swap/sale:

Coffee + Oud I am guessing. I hope its good.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Coffee + Oud I am guessing. I hope its good.
    Hmm... maybe something in the same vein as Mancera Aoud Cafe? That would work.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Should be a good one.

If you want to know notes of Thierry Mugler Amen Pure Wood...http://www.nezdeluxe.pl/2014/04/thie...pure-wood.html (post is in Polish, but notes also in English).

Can't wait for Pure Wood!

Whoever called wood + coffee gets a gold star. Thanks for the info Marti.

This better be unique. It sounds VERY generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marti View Post
    If you want to know notes of Thierry Mugler Amen Pure Wood...http://www.nezdeluxe.pl/2014/04/thie...pure-wood.html (post is in Polish, but notes also in English).
    Thanks for the info!

Oak and cypress. We shall see how it goes. I hoped for some cedar note as well, but well at least it's not the sweet note of Oud or sandalwood.

I think its Oud and the english translation got messed up lol. Coffee goes very well with Oud and Sandalwood IMO. Also oak is usually used mostly as a topnote. Lets wait and see.

The notes via Google translate are oak, cypress, vanilla, patchouli and coffee.
    So it might be the oak that is the wood in here. It's not oud - a good thing IMO. However, as I remember Pure Malt used to be advertised as being aged in oak barrels so it might just be another Pure Malt in a different bottle like the limited version last year

Can't wait to try this one.

New Pure Wood promotional video uploaded about 20 minutes ago

I see TM really played on the whole "Pure Wood" thing with the sexy ad and all.

The worst perfume ad campaign since Tom Ford for Men.

Personally thought it was kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    The worst perfume ad campaign since Tom Ford for Men.
    Hahahaha. At least the Tom Ford campaigns are kinda sexy ... this is just weird and seems like it's trying way too hard. Definitely doesn't fit the image of this house.

It's original
    Amen isn't it? Just checked the notes

Two more months until we can order from Mugler USA.

I see you guys are getting excited about the new perfume.

for swap/sale:

17 May per e-mail alert.

I get pure wood just thinking of how it will smell.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Any word on this one yet? It was supposed to have been released in June, we are now 2 weeks into June.. surely someone has tried it?
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Any word on this one yet? It was supposed to have been released in June, we are now 2 weeks into June.. surely someone has tried it?
    The release date has been July 15th from the get-go. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

The last time I got excited about the Pure series was before Pure Shot came out, and that turned out to be a dud. Hoping that thia would be much better.

And regarding the teaser ad that looked like some random i'll-do-it-myself-on-my-home-pc masterpiece, at least we know they're spending they're money on the product itself right? Righhhhht hehe

The first review: http://www.nezdeluxe.pl/2014/06/thie...pure-wood.html
    but you must use Google Translate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Perfume Guy View Post
    The release date has been July 15th from the get-go. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
    Does anyone know, will it hit stores at this point, or will this just be the beginning of online orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Perfume Guy View Post
    Haven't received any e-mail follow-up so far.

Wow I am really looking forward to this one.

Some of the other A-men flankers or varieties have been a bit and miss, but Pure Malt was delightful.

I adore woody, woodsy fragrances and cannot wait!

The name alone immediately makes me think of Wonderwood, which I wasn't crazy about at first, but is now a frequent flyer in my fragrance wardrobe.

Smelt it on paper today via post card sample from TM. It seems quite different than the other recent flankers. So far I like it.

Thanks Erok32... Sounds promising!!!

Just a matter of days now!

Definitely interested to see how this turns out after that review comparing it to the likes of Chene which I've always enjoyed (but don't have a bottle of since it is getting harder to find these days).
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Got my "sample" recently if you can even call it that.... hard to tell for sure since this thing is a semi paper strip and its hella flimsy. But for what its worth although I have not gotten to the dry down... Maybe like a ghetto pure coffee 2.0.. Thats what I thought when I first smelled it, I deff get that sorta pure coffee smell. But the cypress is making it sorta tingle your nose and smell fresh. But the coffee goes away pretty quicky(just like pure coffee! lol)and now im just getting a lot of woody and cypress sorta smell. Not sure what I can really compare it to other than eau de baux or that one tom ford that has cypress in it. Because those are the first 2 fragrances that come to mind when I think of a distinguishable cypress note off hand to me.

Hopefully some more vanilla at the end because besides the top this is a pass from me. Im sure ill try once I see a real bottle though again.

Just got sample in mail today. Very interesting. Angel men with scent of wood. But something is different. Gots me all giggly and excited lol

Just been to Frasers and asked the assistant when the Uk release is, they're getting a limited supply of only 20 bottles on 29 August. They were taking preorders for it! Some bloke has ordered 5 bottles!
    She had a sample bottle and let me have a spray. To me it smells like a sweet Dsquare Potion.

Thoughts on this?

I'd like to see A*Men Pure Mint also - green juice, dark green leaf imprinted flask, smell along the lines of Le Male, a sweet mint leaf smell.

As of 9:00 AM (about 30-minutes ago), I am now the proud owner of Pure Wood. Of course, I have been telling the missus this tidbit for years. (Lol) Anyway, my bottle was ordered without any glitches. It will be interesting to see if it arrives as quickly as when I ordered A*Men Taste of Fragrance.

Mine arrives on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

Mines is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday...

Basenotes Plus

Much of the coffee and chocolate, while there, seems to be have taken a backseat to pure funk. It's a good one. To my nose, the most unique flanker of the bunch. The wood definitely isn't the "wood" you've smelled before. Smells more like a living breathing tree. It's pretty spectacular, and sweet in a much different way. This is A*men with the an earthy funk turned way up.
    Last edited by Ghost_Goat; 16th July 2014 at 08:09 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________“Odors have a power of persuasion stronger than that of words, appearances, emotions, or will. The persuasive power of an odor cannot be fended off, it enters into us like breath into our lungs, it fills us up, imbues us totally. There is no remedy for it.”
    ― Patrick Süskind, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Mines is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

The incarnations of this are more than any Yogi. With the original, than B men, Pure Coffee, Havane, Pure Chillie, Pure Malt, Pure Gold and Pure Wood. What comes next Mugler? Pure P*ss take? We need a new frag not old wine in a new bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by buyers_remorse View Post
    The incarnations of this are more than any Yogi. With the original, than B men, Pure Coffee, Havane, Pure Chillie, Pure Malt, Pure Gold and Pure Wood. What comes next Mugler? Pure P*ss take? We need a new frag not old wine in a new bottle!
    I say keep the flankers coming. I love them, more than the original.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I say keep the flankers coming.