Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, April 23th, 2014

Bonjour Mesdames!

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Mazzolari - Patchouly.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! I am in one of my HGs today (if not THE HG), Bois des Iles EDT! However, a package of small decants just arrived in the post at my office, so I also have Bois de Violette on the back of one hand, and the current Vol de Nuit EDT on the back of the other...am in sniffing bliss here

Xscent - oh poor you yesterday, with the disappearing data.....how are things today? Were you able to get any of it back?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Bonjour Mesdames!
    Morning all! Easyfish; what *is* this a picture of??

My Dad & his girlfriend are taking us out for lunch today, to a country pub just outside of town. l'm wearing Boutonniere No7 for the occasion, from my sample.

Xscent; l do hope you are able to recover all of your precious work.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

^ It´s a nutmeg tree fruit, consisting of the fruit pulp, the nutmeg (brown) and the mace (red "wrapping"). Bon appétit!

Last edited by easyfish; 23rd April 2014 at 11:16 AM.

Mysterious Oud by Chabaud

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hello all. 28 La Pausa.
    DONNA

Amouage Silver today.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme this morning
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

ClaireV, I saw you love list on another thread, but did not realize that BdI was the HG!!!! We share that, as we do many from your list. It was a great list. I hope some of your samples add to it.

easyfish, you are a wealth of information! And informational pictures too. Thanks!

I am house twins with ClaireV and donna today, in Chanel #5 Eau Premiere, my easy breezy Chanel. Perfect for my morning meeting today, and actually perfect for any day or occasion. Lovely stuff, this one.

1725 Casanova by HDP

Hello everyone -

I'm in vintage Vivre for dance (and my last day of training the new barre instructor - yay!) and surprise, surprise, there's *hyacinth* in this. I didn't actively seek it out for that note this morning, but there it is, plain as day - how delightful! Other notes in this luscious, aldehydic floral include rose, iris, jasmine, ylang, orange blossom, lily-of-the-valley, vetiver, sandalwood and oakmoss ...very nice.

Alrighty then, y'all have a great day!

cestrum - there's just no accounting for what the nose picks up and what it decides to ignore, y'know? Grand Amour is almost all hyacinth to me, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's even in there - my nose tends to play olfactory tricks on me, and certain accords will absolutely convince me I'm smelling something that's not listed in any pyramid anywhere ...not that they're always accurate, but this happens a lot. Hermès Rouge is like this, with an apparently *phantom* hyacinth note that makes it kissing cousins to Chamade, and Rouge eau Délicate is remarkably similar to Grand Amour, due to what I thought was the hyacinth, but I've never seen hyacinth listed for either Hermès fragrance, nor their precursor Parfum d'Hermès, which is nearly identical to Chamade, the absolute gold standard for hyacinth perfumes. But on the other hand, I'm sort of convinced that the nose just knows, and if it says it's in there, it probably is ...lol, my nose is so bossy and insistent!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 23rd April 2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

illustration of the first edition
    Last edited by easyfish; 23rd April 2014 at 01:18 PM.

Dior - Oud Ispahan
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Mazzolari

Oud Cashmere Mood

Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning!

teardrop, I'm so glad you asked about that picture - I stared and stared at it before scrolling down for the "ah-ha!" moment.

CapriDog: koalas!!!!

So last night I went totally random and put in a job application as a Red Cross blood drive technician - mainly because the job is in Asheville, NC, one of my favorite places ever. I was perusing Asheville jobs and saw this and was like, hm, ok, let's go for it. Rynegne, I currently work in financial services - in credit administration at a Really Big Bank - but I am beyond ready to make a change.

Sticking with Roudnitska this morning: in Diorissimo, vintage EDT.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

Hello everyone,

Capridog awww, such cuteness. They look cuddly but you have to watch out for the claws.

ClaireV and teardrop I have to wait until Saturday to find out the extent of the issue. In the meantime I've made notes and treating the next couple of days as a break from studying. ClaireV it seems we have similar taste, PM me before things get dire and you turn to selling the kids . teardrop I find myself thinking a lot about Boutonnière no.7, that fresh sappy green gardenia and vetiver would be lovely in the heat.

House twins with cello and scent twins with ClaireV in Bois des Îles parfum and EDT.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Creed, Royal English Leather

Attachment 27501

Good morning everyone! Tough loss in overtime for the Bulls last night...which is making for a tough Wednesday morning for me. I ended up getting home at 1:30 a.m. as there was a ton of after-midnight traffic after the game due to lane closures. I'm running on fumes this morning, using supplemented energy from coffee to keep myself awake.

ErinK, I hope it works out for you! It's a tough balance, doing something you enjoy, earning a living, living where you'd like...etc. etc. Life's too short to work in a field that you don't at least have a slight passion for. You'll figure everything out! That would be awesome to make a move to such a beautiful part of the country (or so I hear), I've always wanted to visit North Carolina...particularly that part. I love the outdoors and hiking and there are some amazing sights around Asheville.

House of Matriarch SexMagic - This name doesn't really fit the bill...this is a nice fragrance. Super mellow and smooth mix of light leather and fir. Magical maybe...but not something that I feel deserves such a goofy name.

MadHat Scents

Skiff (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Embers - ONLY 60ml Left (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium) / Oudhy (Dark Rose, Dried Woods, Oud, Musk)

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=cello;3130614]ClaireV, I saw you love list on another thread, but did not realize that BdI was the HG!!!! We share that, as we do many from your list. It was a great list. I hope some of your samples add to it.

Hi Cello - yep, I have fallen for Bois Des Iles HARD. I am rationing out my little decant of 5ml drop by drop! When I finish that, I am going to go for a 8ml decant of the vintage EDT - can you tell me, is this good or better than the current stuff?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Hello everyone,

Capridog awww, such cuteness. They look cuddly but you have to watch out for the claws.

ClaireV and teardrop I have to wait until Saturday to find out the extent of the issue. In the meantime I've made notes and treating the next couple of days as a break from studying. ClaireV it seems we have similar taste, PM me before things get dire and you turn to selling the kids . teardrop I find myself thinking a lot about Boutonnière no.7, that fresh sappy green gardenia and vetiver would be lovely in the heat.

House twins with cello and scent twins with ClaireV in Bois des Îles parfum and EDT.

Hi Xscent, yes, we do seem to be very similar in taste! But don't worry about me, I am getting very crafty on this budget and have located a few decant sellers who will keep me well supplied without having to sell the kids But thanks for worrying about my supply levels...you are so kind

Hello all,

I am wearing Sous Le Vent today. It's beautiful and intriguing.

mikeperez: I enjoyed your anecdote about discovering Diptyque and L'Eau. Formal tea, visiting the perfume shop... I almost feel like I was there. On first try, I was ambivalent about L'Eau but it grew on me as the day went on. Playful spices and fantastic longevity.
    Currently wearing: Futur by Robert Piguet

Good morning, good smelling people.

Mark (Avon) Karmala today. Perhaps this is vintage, technically, as it's over 5 years. Discontinued but one of their best ever.

[QUOTE=ClaireV;3130756]
    Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    ClaireV, I saw you love list on another thread, but did not realize that BdI was the HG!!!! We share that, as we do many from your list. It was a great list. I hope some of your samples add to it.

Hi Cello - yep, I have fallen for Bois Des Iles HARD. I am rationing out my little decant of 5ml drop by drop! When I finish that, I am going to go for a 8ml decant of the vintage EDT - can you tell me, is this good or better than the current stuff?
    I have actually not smelled the vintage EDT/EDP as I really don't want to be heart broken or have to chase stuff off of Ebay. But I can say that the current parfum is much better than the current EDT - and a combination, like Xscent is doing and like I usually do, is beyond wonderful. Certainly give the decant of vintage a try, you should be in for a wonderful experience. And I really don't think it will take away from the magic of the current EDT, just show different facets.

Good morning!

Capri Dog, love the picture of the koalas, so cute!

Wearing Gucci Flora this morning, with notes of peony, citric notes, osmanthus, rose, patchouli and sandalwood.

Have a great day!

Basenotes Plus

Egoiste Cologne Concentree - one of my only vintage "finds" since I became a BN member - got a bottle for $25

I know I should save it, but life is short!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Good afternoon, folks!

So it was a nutmeg! Phew. I'm pleased to hear it, as I was beginning to wonder.

I started off in a sample of Iris Silver Mist I picked up at the weekend, but it wasn't cutting the mustard, so to speak, so off it came. Mitsouko extrait now performing brilliantly in its stead.

Big wave to all

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Rapid in and out today, I'm afraid. Also having serious IT issues (Patch Hag ). PC off for repair again in the morning - hopefully should be back in a couple of days. Take care everyone.

Armani Eau PH.

queen of the universe

My late niece would have been 29 today; she died of cancer at age not quite eight. She loved flowers, so I'm wearing Guerlain Champs Elysées with its gorgeous spring bouquet in her memory.

Here's a photo of her and my daughter. My daughter is in the pink dress. She misses her cousin to this day.

Scan.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï