Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Going to a punk rock show and could use some help on picking out a scent!

Quote Originally Posted by BottleJunky View Post
    How about this concoction from Etat Libre d’Orange?

Perfect!

From the list, I would go with Varvatos, but my instincts would recommend Montale Patchouli Leaves or HdP Noir Patchouli.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Going to a punk rock show and could use some help on picking out a scent!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    I was kind of thinking the same thing, I knew the term "punk" was a media creation....but was also thinking The Ramones were around a bit earlier than the likes of the British punk bands(The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Damned ect.) And I know many consider Velvet Underground, MC5 and The Stooges to be the start of "punk" rock. But I'm more of a 80's hardcore guy anyway so what do I know?!
    Well, "your not a loser" so just chill out with a "six pack" watch a "t v party" and hopefully you will have some fun "tonight (I just want to be with you......)....

I was actually thinking of the stooges- now come on, if that is not punk rock on every level, please....

Basenotes Plus

Well Bleu jumped out to a massive early lead, but Varvatos is making a strong comeback and only down by 2 votes now. Thanks again to all who are chiming in!
    So, here is a question, one punk enthusiast to another. Should you not wear something independent, iconoclastic, and just a bit off and not a mainstream designer?

Kerosene Whips and roses perhaps, something by Slumberhouse, or something else indy and funky..

None , you should smell of sweat and anarchy .......

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Well, "your not a loser" so just chill out with a six pack and watch a "t v party" and hopefully you will have some fun "tonight (I just want to be with you......)....

I was actually thinking of the stooges- now come on, if that is not punk rock on every level, please....
    Two of my all time fav songs! Once at a Guttermouth show Mark asked what cover they should play, I shouted Six Pack and he said "I think we know that one!" So they start playing the starting base line and he handed me the mic and I got to sing it...truly one of my favorite memories! And true, if Iggy isn't punk than I don't know who is.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    So, here is a question, one punk enthusiast to another. Should you not wear something independent, iconoclastic, and just a bit off and not a mainstream designer?

Kerosene Whips and roses perhaps, something by Slumberhouse, or something else indy and funky..
    I totally agree, but I've got nothing like that in my wardrobe....actually I do have a couple weird skanky samples, I suppose I could rock one of those?! Lol

Beer and 20 sprays of whatever tester they have in a shop near you?

LOL! I saw this a few years back and it peaked my curiosity in wondering what it smelt like?!(hopefully nothing like Johnny Rotten )
    Smells very mainstream and girlie. Fruity.

Quote Originally Posted by BottleJunky View Post
    How about this concoction from Etat Libre d’Orange?

Great idea, but surely a real punk would go with Sécrétions Magnifiques...

the_metro_newspaper_london_uk.jpg

(Actually, I guess a *real* punk would make their own version of it)
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Oscroft View Post
    Great idea, but surely a real punk would go with Sécrétions Magnifiques...

the_metro_newspaper_london_uk.jpg

(Actually, I guess a *real* punk would make their own version of it)
    Hahaha, ewwww. But I think you've got the right ELDO for a punker. That, or Charogne.
    Currently wearing: Moon Bloom by Hiram Green

L'ombre dans l'eau by Diptyque - Billy Idol's signature
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 6:

Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)

The term "Punk" is, like music, a living, evolving thing. Those of us who are no longer spring chickens should beware of thinking that just because we might have been there at the inception, we own the terminology. Things change, and the terminology does too. That it is still in use at all we should take as a compliment and not display the arrogance of dogmatism.