Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: The worst fragrance store encounter.. EVER!!

The only reason I thought my GIT was fake was the new bottle and atomizer, and at the time, NOBODY, not 1 person, could tell me they had the same box or atomizer that I had. It was only until after I shipped my bottle back that someone posted a picture of their aventus with the same issues I had. So yes, my juice was real, but at the same time, this information was unknown to everyone on basenotes. And if someone did know these changes to the Creed line, they didn't care to share words of advice with me. As for the spraying in a store, all I have ever sprayed were bottles out on display, bottles that are there to be sprayed without any assistance from anyone. Dofa91 shared, SA's that are polite and not intrusive won't be breathing down your back the entire time. If I choose to buy online, what's the big deal? I used up one spray out of their bottle of Creed? Wow, that is a big deal to some people I guess, and totally worth me receiving criticism for it. Absolutely not. This thread has taken a turn for the worse and I almost just want it closed. It was fine until people started pointing fingers and attacking me for wanting to smell a fragrance sitting out on a counter, that anybody can spray. I shared a story I had, and here we are talking about the wrongdoings of my purchases and decisions. That's kind of sad. I appreciate the responses to the thread from dofa91 and fp627. I posted to get responses relevant to my story not crap about everything else that I'm doing wrong

Blog Entries

I've definitely bought from discounters, too. It's just a little more risky, that's all. Nothing wrong with it. And I've had pushy SAs who I didn't feel like patronizing because they were rude. I've been there. I feel your pain!

Like I said, I can see both sides points but I think at this point you're getting a little too defensive. Remember you're posting on a message forum with all differing opinions. If you don't like someone's opinion, I would suggest just ignoring it and move along. I don't see where anyone criticized you for anything you did other than buysblinds issue with you using testers with no intention to purchase from that particular store(which I don't have a problem with, that's what testers are there for)

I think some people forget testers are provided by the company who made the perfume, not the company who's selling it....therefore it shouldn't really matter if you use one or 5 sprays from a tester, because that's what they're there for.

Like I said, the only time I think it's wrong is when you ask to SA to help you and they spend time with you per your request and yet you never had any intention of buying from them... You didn't do that, so I don't hAve an issue with that.

As far as your GIT goes, I was speaking strictly personal preference, and that I could never send back a fragrance I ordered and used. That's not an attack on you, I think you would do a little better to be less-defensive. In the end, who really cares what anyone else thinks? It sucks, but we can't have everyone agree with everything we do.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I've definitely bought from discounters, too. It's just a little more risky, that's all. Nothing wrong with it. And I've had pushy SAs who I didn't feel like patronizing because they were rude. I've been there. I feel your pain!
    I think we all have! Lol usually when someone is paid on commission they the to be pushier, less honest and more rude... Nothing worst than a pushy, rude SA who doesn't make you feel welcome unless are certain to buy something