Code of Conduct

Default Roja Dove Amber Aoud/Crystal

For those who have smelled of both of these, I was wondering if there were significant differences between the two fragrances.

Default Re: Roja Dove Amber Aoud/Crystal

Amber Aoud has a very nice prominent note (sorry, I know it sounds obvious but it really smells like Amber attar oils that I've experienced before). It is sweet and lasts for quite some time.

Crystal Aoud is rose based. Quite a sharp rose. Reminded me of Heeley's Agarwoud; I prefer the rose in Heeley.

Based on my limited wearings of the two Roja Doves at this point in time I prefer Amber Aoud.
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Need some Roja help: Need a Roja cap, any one (gave away my Fetish cap)
    Also my Harrods Oud bottle needs a cap
    Muchas gracias

Basenotes Plus

I'm not sure but I think the OP might be asking about differences between Amber Aoud and Amber Aoud Crystal. There are crystal versions of all three Roja Aouds.

In my opinion, dark juice amber aoud seems to last and project a bit longer than the crystal version. The notes also seem a bit crisper in the dark juice. If the OP was asking the difference between Roja Aoud and Roja Amber Aoud they are different fragrances as stated above.

Love the regular Amber Aoud, have not tried the Crystal, but am also curious. Hopefully some more people can answer to get a consensus on sillage/longevity differences, if any. Hard to get so many opinions or forum consensus on such an expensive fragrance that probably only a few dozen here have tried...

In either case I would personally stick to the regular version - can't be any weaker than the crystal by my logic.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Basenotes Plus

Having worn both, I found no difference. The reason for Crystal version, RD, right or wrong wanted to give people the option to have one that will not stain clothing.

They're both similar on the rose and oud Amber oud is more opulent/richer deeper and Aoud is fresher and crisp....Amber Aoud is beast mode and Aoud is average in longevity and projection...both winners as I have both but if you have one you really don't need thee other regardless(short summary)....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    I'm not sure but I think the OP might be asking about differences between Amber Aoud and Amber Aoud Crystal. There are crystal versions of all three Roja Aouds.

In my opinion, dark juice amber aoud seems to last and project a bit longer than the crystal version. The notes also seem a bit crisper in the dark juice. If the OP was asking the difference between Roja Aoud and Roja Amber Aoud they are different fragrances as stated above.
    Yeah, I was asking about the difference between Amber Aoud and the crystal version of the same fragrance. I have the crystal version, but I haven't smelled the other one. When I was adding it to my wardrobe, I didn't see an option for the crystal version, so I just added the regular one to keep track of my usage instead. I didn't know if one was superior, etc. Thanks for the responses.

They're pretty much identical. As they were intended to be. I like the clothing-staining red version better, though. Just for the visual. Full disclosure, I have not been able to justify the breathtaking price points to myself (yet?) and I'm not an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Yeah, I was asking about the difference between Amber Aoud and the crystal version of the same fragrance. I have the crystal version, but I haven't smelled the other one. When I was adding it to my wardrobe, I didn't see an option for the crystal version, so I just added the regular one to keep track of my usage instead. I didn't know if one was superior, etc. Thanks for the responses.
    Aaah, oops, got wrong end of the stick!
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Need some Roja help: Need a Roja cap, any one (gave away my Fetish cap)
    Also my Harrods Oud bottle needs a cap
    Muchas gracias