Code of Conduct

Default NEW Issey Miyake Limited Editions 2014

Has anyone tried "Yuzu" or Mint? I couldn't find either, then managed to find Yuzu at a discounter online...

Still can't find Mint though...

Anyone else anticipating these releases? What are your thoughts if you've tried them?

Default Re: NEW Issey Miyake Limited Editions 2014

Haven't seen them out there by me yet but would like to try them. Thanks for the heads up,
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Haven't seen them out there by me yet but would like to try them. Thanks for the heads up,
    Same here.

In Europe they are available since end of February i believe. Yuzu is on my skin the version pf Summer 2009 + amped yuzu in first hour. Very good for the ones that don't like the original drydown and also want something better than the 2012-2013 summer versions. On the other hand i never thought Issey Sport is that sporty(except the first 20-30 minutes when grapefruit is predominant). The new version is exactly as name says: Sport + very clear mint note that remains notable through drydown.

The "King of Fresh" Alberto Morillas does it again with L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Sport Mint!

One part L'Eau d'Issey Sport, with a dash of the bergamot/geranium accord he did for Ferrari Extreme ~ overall highlight the anchoring spearmint note. A slight inspiration could also be found from the Bleu de Chanel mid of grapefruit, vetiver, cedar & mint.

A great summer scent & could possibly be my favourite mint & Issey Miyake fragrance, after a proper wearing over the summer.

Have been very interested to try Yuzu for a while now. Hopefully it will become available soon. I will have to check around on that one again.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. Xerjoff - Fars
    5. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Creed - Green Valley
    7. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Creed - Royal Scottish Lavender

Banned

The mint one is available at Sephora.com in case that is of interest to you. :-)

I'm tempted to blind buy the mint one but it looks like it's only going for full retail at the moment (around $85).

I'm kind of a mint freak though, so it's very tempting.

It's funny cause right after I posted this, I did a quick search and found both on Sephora.com...

I caved and blind bought both...Hahaha.

I tried the Mint and it is a nice summer scent.
    The Yuzu I was not a fan off.

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    The mint one is available at Sephora.com in case that is of interest to you. :-)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I tried the Mint and it is a nice summer scent.
    Good to know.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks for the Sephora tip. Hopefully there will be some bottles in store, 'cuz I too have been looking forward to both of these.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Will definitely sample mint when I see it, I'm a sucker for mint, as well as being a big IM fan. I'll be patient in purchasing though; in six months it will hit the online discounters for about 40 dollars.

I've also been interested in these, as well as the 2013 Summer edition with the kiwi on the bottle, although I hear it's generic, I've also heard from a couple people that it's an amazing Summer fragrance. Personally, I can't stand the original Issey, so if any of these smell at all like it, I will be disappointed.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I've also been interested in these, as well as the 2013 Summer edition with the kiwi on the bottle, although I hear it's generic, I've also heard from a couple people that it's an amazing Summer fragrance. Personally, I can't stand the original Issey, so if any of these smell at all like it, I will be disappointed.
    Same here. To me, the original is too thick & floral, but I'm still interested in the flankers if they turn this down.

All of the flankers I have tried maintain the original DNA. If you're not a fan of the original, you most likely won't enjoy any of the others. I enjoy the original, but prefer the Summer Editions.

Yuzu should be here today. I'll share my thoughts when it arrives.

So Yuzu is in the house.

First initial spray on hand: Wow. This is very similar to the original (not surprising)

Of course the yuzu is very prominent, as it is in the original...I sense more greenness in this though.

After about 10 minutes or so, it starts to veer off into a more green/aquatic territory. I'll be honest though, it smells very much like the original...So if you don't like the original, you won't like this. However, if you love the original, you will love this. It's more pleasant, IMO.

It reminds me of a mix between the original and DHS.

I don't own the original so I suppose this isn't redundant. Top notch spring scent so far.