Code of Conduct

Default SPRAYING or SPLASHING

I'm curious about SPRAYING or SPLASHING and which one last longer??????

Default Re: SPRAYING or SPLASHING

Spraying has always lasted longer on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I don't think it is matter of how you apply the scent. A friend of mine prefers spraying because it applies the fragrance in a wider area and in a more uniform way. I like splash more - I love the feeling of applying the scent!
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Etro - Patchouly
    Costume National - 21
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    Hermès - Bel Ami (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

in my very own experience every time I started atomizing vintage flacons made for splash the juice to another turn, a better turn..more vitality and sillage...

Spraying is more efficient.

I don't think the mode of application makes much difference to longevity, which is more proportionate to the amount applied, the site of application and whether fabric is affected. But as Wasatch says spraying wastes less so I prefer that (less gets on the hands, which is then subsequently washed off). Anyway I'm quite happy to use either method, it's a relatively minor variable to me.

I always assumed Splash was for lower concentrations, such as Eau de Cologne, whereas Spray was for EdT and EdP.

Neither will increase longevity, really. What may increase longevity and projection of a given scent (in other words, using the exact same scent for comparison) is the amount of scent applied as well as the amount applied to a smaller area. That second part is most important in regard to a splash. There's an easy experiment you can do to see what I mean, using water and sheets of paper. Put some water into a spray bottle and spray a sheet of paper once. See how it spreads. Now do one splash of water on another sheet of paper. You got the paper a lot more wet, right?

EdC has a lower concentration of perfume, so, you apply more. If aftershaves were EdT or EdP strength, they'd feel downright nuclear!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    A friend of mine prefers spraying because it applies the fragrance in a wider area and in a more uniform way.
    THIS! And I'd add that spraying allows you to apply scent in more places - specifically, a shot to the upper back. That'd be hard to do with a splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    I like splash more - I love the feeling of applying the scent!
    I also assume there's a sort-of classic-gentleman aspect to a splash. It's something you'd see Jack Lemon do in old movies. I'm a spray guy - but I definitely see the appeal of a splash.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 26th April 2014 at 08:33 PM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Spraying is always better and lasts much longer.....

Basenotes Junkie

spraying for me, all of the time. I hate samples that are snap cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Spraying is more efficient.
    You don't say...

I only splash sample vials

Spraying

Generally, did not notice any difference in longevity due to one method being better than another. But spraying does allow a more precise dosage and thus, at least theoretically, a better control over the possible longevity obtained.

Spraying without a doubt!!!

If it's an EDT or EDP I prefer to spray. If it's an EDC, i'd rather splash it on. I don't feel anywhere near as bad wasting splashes of EDC as I would a splash of EDC or EDP. I dont necessarily like to have EDT or EDP on my fingers and hands.

For me, spraying is more convenient, easier to dose and I get better performance in terms of both longevity as well as projection/sillage.
    Just say no to oniomania.

Have you tried pouring

for swap/sale:

Dash from splash & spray to play!

I find I sometimes get a bit more sillage from a spray as the fragrance hits more surface area on the skin. However, I don't think longevity is affected either way.

I have lots of vintage splash bottles and like them except some can be cumbersome with the bottle opening too large. When I do use my sprays I spray them into my hand before applying to my torso. If I try spraying say my arms I see most of the mist going into the air and that is wasteful.