Code of Conduct

Default Xerjoff Kobe....what an outright excellent scent.

Picked up a little sample recently and tested a small amount out yesterday night and can honestly say it's the best niche fragrance i've tested out since originally getting my first niche sample of Aventus about a year or two back, incredibly well done citrus (dare I say the best citrus i've got my nose on) really looking forward to testing out Nio now since it's considered by a lot of people to be the holy grail of citrus scents but honestly don't know how it will top Kobe.

For those who have tried both (and enjoy both) which do you prefer?

Default Re: Xerjoff Kobe....what an outright excellent scent.

Kobe is great, but go easy on it if you buy a bottle. Less is more with Kobe, I've found.

Not a fan of Nio. My other favorite, by far, is Uden, and the new 40 Knots is nice, too.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Kobe is great, but go easy on it if you buy a bottle. Less is more with Kobe, I've found.
    Interesting, how many sprays do you normally go with?

Thought it to be pleasant the times I tried it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thought it to be pleasant the times I tried it.
    Only ever got a sample of it as it's part of the same line that produced Nio (which i've still to try out) and i'm thinking it's going to be hard to top now, but if Nio is on the samel level i'll really have to think about getting a bottle of one or another (a rare niche purchase) or possible just get the discovery sets which contains both.

Have a split of Nio coming very soon - really looking forward to trying it.

Not a fan of Kobe - there is a note in there that smells a little odd to my nose. The whole thing smells like what I imagine a citrus enchilada would smell like - has a touch of Mexican food to it. Not bad, just nothing that would crack my rotation.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post
    Interesting, how many sprays do you normally go with?
    I only use one spray of Kobe, but I tend to be a light sprayer. Same with Uden.

I once put several dabs of Kobe on from a sample I had, and even that was too much (my wife said something about it). It seems to radiate, especially when you are hot.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Blog Entries

All of the Xerjoff Shooting Stars collection are extrait concentration, meaning that they're specifically engineered to smell their best when only a drop is applied (imagine those little old-fashioned perfume bottles with a stopper that a lady would dab herself with). It's actually kind of odd that they come in large bottles with big sprayers. I guess they're trying to be luxurious in a over-the-top way.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    All of the Xerjoff Shooting Stars collection are extrait concentration, meaning that they're specifically engineered to smell their best when only a drop is applied (imagine those little old-fashioned perfume bottles with a stopper that a lady would dab herself with). It's actually kind of odd that they come in large bottles with big sprayers. I guess they're trying to be luxurious in a over-the-top way.
    Thanks for the info, wasn't aware they were ExDP, thought they were a regular EDP concentrations the normal higher end stuff tends to be. So they're genuinley intended to be for single (or double tops) spray usage?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post
    Thanks for the info, wasn't aware they were ExDP, thought they were a regular EDP concentrations the normal higher end stuff tends to be. So they're genuinley intended to be for single (or double tops) spray usage?
    According to Xerjoff, Kobe is 71% perfume, which is a very high concentration. But if they put it in a spray bottle, they must intend for us to wear a lot of it. I don't know...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

My belated opinion: this fragrance has an uncommon, but pleasant and extremely high quality spiciness to it, for some reasons, the spicy impression of this fragrance (albeit a flawless one) tends to last the most to my nose.

It is indeed very good.
    High quality all way.

for swap/sale:

Bump

I'm just sampling this today for the first time and Wow it's amazing. What a awesome opening with it's fresh citrus neroli opening that gets creamy from what smells like vaniila.

I used to have APOM and that was great but this blows that out of the water in the neroli stakes.

I can pick up a cookie dough smell within the neroli blend and it's very nice but a little out of place. No complaints though.

How does it compare to the Alexandria scent, Jack?

I have never heard of that one Rum, I guess it must be new or a limited release. This scent has got to be in the top 5 ever for awesome openings to a fragrance. Breathtaking!

Think the Alexandria is a limited edition. I've seen it F&M but budgets don't allow for such indulging scents these days...

Love both Nio and Kobe. It is impossible for me to choose one over the other. I believe both are must haves if you enjoy too quality citrus fragrances.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

congrats Jack.

It's excellent. Very high qualIty.

What I like about it that it's a typical cologne or a typical feminine scent.

My reference neroli.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Bump
    I used to have APOM and that was great but this blows that out of the water in the neroli stakes.
    How different noses can be I have APOM, it was my signature scent for two years. Kobe however made me actually sick, I had to wash it off both times I gave it a try. Total disaster to me.