Code of Conduct

Default Thierry Mugler: Les Exceptions

source: The Perfume Chronicles

Thierry MUGLER has teamed up with famous perfumers Jean-Christophe Herault and Olivier Polge to create a new line of perfumes called “Les Exceptions.” The line is comprised of 5 different perfumes- Chyprissime, Supra Floral, Fougere Furieuse, Over The Musk and Oriental Express.

“When designing this new fragrance I really wanted to focus on the pillars that define the Thierry MUGLER brand- Structured, Statuesque and Glamorous,” said Herault.

“The fragrances are based on floral, chypre, musk, oriental and ‘fougere’ accents. I wanted to achieve a very warm scent for the perfume and thanks to advances in chemistry, was able to use molecular distillation to remove the dark notes of patchouli to achieve this ” said Herault.

source: Real Style

Refillable bottles of 80 ml, $185 CAN. $127 CAN per refill.

[EDIT]: Any Mugler fans out there looking forward to these Herault & Polge creations?

Default Re: Thierry Mugler: Les Exceptions

Thanks for this information. I can definitely see myself getting these. When will these be launched?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Will be interested to check them out. Thanks for the info.

The international Mugler website says that these are only available in Canada & Italy
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Interesting. Certainly chypre and fougere not being allowed anymore, one wonders. But Mugler has usually done good stuff, so we shall see.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    When will these be launched?
    I found out about these while shopping at The Bay, in Montréal today.

I've been told they soft launched exclusively in Canada (including Vancouver, Toronto) last Thursday, with no details yet of the full release date.

Nothing outstanding IMHO, though Polge's fingerprints are clearly identifiable. Seems like a money grab for the high end market, without much of a difference in sourced material quality from standard production & I loath the $50+ price tag for the flaçon.

Although the SA denied it, I saw slight similarities of Angel's patchy muskiness in Over The Musk....

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Certainly chypre and fougere not being allowed anymore, one wonders.
    ... Chyprissime seems like a good idea on paper, but we (ie; BNers & all vintage chypre lovers) know that they can't make those like they used to & this one unfortunately hasn't reinvented the wheel. I will return to Fougere Furieuse for a proper wearing, but again upon first impression, Fougere Royale it ain't.
    Last edited by Arij; 27th April 2014 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks for sharing

for swap/sale:

thanks for the info, I'll be visiting La baie Montreal tomorrow... I'm not expecting much though.

I tried all of them and was very disappointed. Most were fleeting feminine green florals, devoid of any of the Mugler DNA. As bad as the Givenchy prive collection.
    AVOID.

Definitely not worth it Hednic.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 8th June 2014 at 07:11 AM.