Code of Conduct

Default White Musk by The Body Shop

Ive been a fan of the body shop and their lotions and stuff for years, but just recently ive heard good things about a really cheap fragrance called "white musk" and its from "the body shop"... Its under $20 for a 100ml bottle but since I dont have a Body Shop around me( i usually go to the body shop when i travel. Theyre usually in airports and bigger malls.

If anyone has any experience with this scent, and could give me a heads up, i would appreciate it very much!

I'm weird with cheapies, I dont like to blind buy them because if I dont like them, Theyre harder to get rid of IMO,

Default Re: White Musk by The Body Shop

if no one knows or has any experience with this, please disregard this post and delete it. Looks like ill have to blind buy..

Look this one up on youtube and you'll find aKatie Puckrik review. She is quite fond of it. It's also listed on her Fume Finder (google it). A good place for opinions, other than the basenotes directory, is on fragrantica. Here's their page with tons of comments on White Musk For Men

Personally, I don't care for it, but I'm not really into scents dominated by white musk.

Believe it or not, you can find it even cheaper than $20 since that store often runs combo sales.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

L'homme, I just watched her review, and that's interesting... I think I might wait to smell this one the next time i go into the store. About this Katie puckrick lady, is she worth listening to? I've watched Cubby and a few other reviewers but this is the first time Ive seen hers. Thank you for your response btw

The name is pretty accurate. It smells clean, almost laundry like (that's what white musks are), though it doesn't really fall into the functional trap that kills perfume brands like Clean. I think the feminine version has some florals, the masculine something sharper. Ok, but nothing exciting really. Give it a try when you happen near a body shop. Not miles away from other chepies called white musk (I think Jovan has one).

cacio

It's not bad for what it is.

It's just so boring to me, and there's so much else out there that it's not worth owning, in my opinion.

However, if you're really just looking for White Musk, you can't go wrong with it.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 27th April 2014 at 04:02 AM.

to be honest, Im looking for something to use in my unscented laundry detergent to freshen up the sheets. It might work well as someone else mentioned it's clean and fresh smelling. I am a fan of musks, i LOVE jovan musk but thats because my father and uncle used to wear it when i was younger. Ill def check it out though. Thanks!

I have White Musk for men. We were at the Body Shop outlet making some random shopping couple of months ago - my daughter tried this fragrance, and liked it so much, she talked me into buying it for HERSELF (men's version, mind). I'm glad that I did - it is an awesome office fragrance: very simple, but pleasant, clean, and somehow inviting, like many good musks.

perfect! thanks Russlan

Activist is another one you may want to look into from The Body Shop. Nice fragrance for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchem85 View Post
    About this Katie puckrick lady, is she worth listening to? I've watched Cubby and a few other reviewers but this is the first time Ive seen hers. Thank you for your response btw
    You're very welcome. As for Katie... is she worth listening to? Sure! She has excellent taste and a great nose (as the saying goes). That being said, in the end, there are no right or wrong opinions. Katie speaks highly of White Musk For Men, but I don't like it. Who's right? Both of us, of course. And you'll be right regardless of which one of us you agree with. All that matters is whether or not you enjoy it.

Definitely do drop by the store to give it - and the rest of their line - a sniff. Like I said, they tend to do buy one get one type sales, so you could end up with a few for almost nothing. Do a search here for the Body Shop and you'll find a few of theirs have fans here. Activist is one of theirs that lots of people seem to enjoy. It has an oddly neat Dr. Pepper kind of vibe (if that makes sense). They had another one that kind of reminded me of a Varvatos type of scent that I thought was pretty good. And White Musk For Men certainly has fans.

to be honest, Im looking for something to use in my unscented laundry detergent to freshen up the sheets. It might work well as someone else mentioned it's clean and fresh smelling. I am a fan of musks, i LOVE jovan musk but thats because my father and uncle used to wear it when i was younger. Ill def check it out though. Thanks!
    Try switching to GAIN detergent. Seriously! It has a great smell.

I have the White Musk oil (lavender colored bottle), and White Musk for Men. The oil form is very waxy smelling; like warm paraffin. It's settles into a ghastly mess like Jovan White Musk for Women. White Musk for men is a bit different from the others in the "white musk" ilk. It's not my favorite, but it's still nice. Maybe it's the lavender note in it, that I'm not crazy about. Has more of a woodier base compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Try switching to GAIN detergent. Seriously! It has a great smell.
    I guess I shouldn't say my detergent isn't "unscented" but it has a very light fresh scent that smells like it's been out in the sun on a hanger. Woolite! Plus, it's AWESOME on my clothes and keeps them looking new much longer than others I've tried. I also like the scent is light enough where I can spray something on my laundry and it doesn't clash. I do like the scent of gain though!

I smells nice. Nothing else. It's pretty dull but clean with mediocre silage, projection and longevity. I'd avoid it.

I guess I shouldn't say my detergent isn't "unscented" but it has a very light fresh scent that smells like it's been out in the sun on a hanger. Woolite! Plus, it's AWESOME on my clothes and keeps them looking new much longer than others I've tried. I also like the scent is light enough where I can spray something on my laundry and it doesn't clash. I do like the scent of gain though!
    GAIN is one of two cleaning products I've been complimented on, and I'm so pissed at myself for not writing down what the other one was (it was a kind of liquid hand soap and I received a ton of compliments on it. I keep a stylish soap dispenser on the bathroom sink instead of using the actual bottle the soap came in. It looks very nice, but since I didn't keep the bottle, I forgot what kind of soap it was!!!)

I've actually switched from GAIN to unscented laundry detergent because it doesn't make sense to me to have a scent on my clothes that may clash with the fragrance I wear.

I like it. Used to have a bottle but never wore it, so I got rid of it. I actually do use the deodorant - it's subtle enough that it doesn't clash with my SOTD.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Body Shop White Musk is very popular among the ladies many years ago. Apparently it's still ringing in the till ever since. Pleasant enough I suppose, if a little simple and synthetic smelling. I developed a splitting headache a few minutes after exposure to it so I'm probably be the last person who would recommend it. Try it for yourself. You could do far worse.

I own White Musk for Men and it is not bad. I love the roll-on deodorant and use it every day, as it smells great, is subtle and meshes perfectly with any fragrance.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Yes, simple, synthetic but pleasant and popular.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    GAIN is one of two cleaning products I've been complimented on, and I'm so pissed at myself for not writing down what the other one was (it was a kind of liquid hand soap and I received a ton of compliments on it. I keep a stylish soap dispenser on the bathroom sink instead of using the actual bottle the soap came in. It looks very nice, but since I didn't keep the bottle, I forgot what kind of soap it was!!!)

I've actually switched from GAIN to unscented laundry detergent because it doesn't make sense to me to have a scent on my clothes that may clash with the fragrance I wear.
    Yeah, I totally agree. That's exactly why I like woolite. It cleans great and doesn't clash with anything else I would be wearing. Sometimes the soaps can have wayyyyy too much of that false "clean" scent in them. Like I said, I like gain and the smell of it, but woolite is basically unscented and won't clash

And I wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who took a second out to respond and help me out!

I own it as well and agree that it smells simple but good, but after 20 mins this is way too close to the skin (hardly any projection) and the longevity is also beyond average on me.
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Once again White Musk has been reformulated. It used to have a silage that could crack concrete; could b smelled miles away, which was impressive for a fragrance of that type. Sadly this is no longer the case, as many have mentioned. Still a good fragrance, if you like that sort of thing, but a shadow of its former self.

Ya, honestly this would be my suggestion. They're very easily tested in-store...they have tons of tester bottles all over the place. Why not just try it for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Try it for yourself. You could do far worse.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...