Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 27 April, 2014.

It is such a beautiful warm but not hot day here in Virginia with not a rain drop in site. The azaleas are blooming and the iris are getting ready to pop.

Wearing an old favorite -- Diorissimo.
    Betsy
    Currently wearing: Envy by Gucci

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Coty Muguet des Bois today, a bottle from the 1980s/1990s.

I'm horribly out of the loop, I'm afraid. Life has been keeping me hopping!

heart of ice

I'm continuing my Chanel-themed weekend by wearing no19 today. This has never been kind to me and today is not exception. Try as I might, I just can't like it ... no offense to you fans. I admire and respect no19 but I don't like it much. BTW, I'm wearing from an old sample marked EDT and I have no idea of the vintage, but I've had the sample for several years, so not the new stuff.

Very windy here too, cello ... we also had a bit or rain go through this morning. A rather loud clap of thunder woke the dog and scared her, so that's how we started our day.

Happy Sunday to everyone and hugs for all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Back to Black by By Kilian

Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monseiur to church tonight
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Sous le Vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Slipped into Richard James tonight
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Basenotes Institution

Puma - come over here darling & sit next to me...I looooove the smell of Opium on a woman. I have some vintage Parfum but I rarely wear it myself, I find that I have to really be in the mood to wear it.
    sfmedua -
    In fragrance terms I think I'm a bit of a tart- I find WAY too many things that smell good and that I want.
    ((giggle))
    kewart - I love that Issey Miyake - I also found it nice and tenacious. It reminded me a bit of a modern White Linen by Estee Lauder
    Quarry - throwing some ((sandalwoody hugs)) your way
    Rev320 - glad to hear you weren't shy with applying the Shalimar...it's parfum so it's always going to be me much more quiet, but its complexity, the way that it changes and shifts while wearing it, is what I enjoy so much about this version. It actually smells its VERY BEST about 18-24 hours after it's been applied.
    rynegne - it's still cold in Chicago? That sucks. We're sweating it out here in MIA.
    catniptoo - I remember reading about those 'cologne' releases from The Different Company, is the one you're wearing very fruity (I read lychee in the list of notes)?
    cello - '70 and dusty' eh? That's probably something that I will NEVER read on a weather app here in Miami. lol Glad to hear the concert was great & that you won @ tennis!
    ExtremeK - your bike sounds awesome! You have to take a picture of it & post it when it arrives.
    30Roses - SO NICE to see you on the thread today, you're such a busy lady I'm glad you made time for us. I remember lilybelle sending me two formulations of Muguet de Bois, and I thoroughly enjoyed the vintage one...even more so than Diorissimo. I am not a huge fan of lily of the valley but that one struck a chord.
    shades - it took me years for No. 19 to click with me. That nail-varnish-like note is now something I sort of crave.

Thanks to you-know-who-you-are, this morning I thoroughly enjoyed:

Brit Rhythm For Her by Burberry

Equal parts = steamed hot iron + Sweet-Tarts candies + lavender. I can't seem to get enough of it. It's oddly fascinating for a modern feminine designer flanker release.

Tonight, after a massage & several hours by the pool, I came home & splashed on some of the very last drops of on of my absolute favorite eaux colognes (I should have bought several bottles when I could):

Cologne a la Russe by Institut Tres Bien

Pierre Bourdon, perfumer, did this - it's excellent. Citric, powdery, amber loveliness. Reminds me of an ultra-luxury version of that classic Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo smell. So nice on a hot sticky night that we're having here in Miami.

My tummy is a little upset tonight, so I'm taking it easy, having some bland food and watching a movie on the couch. Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend everyone.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle

In the burbs it's been decent, I'm about 20 miles from the lake...a little closer to the airport on the NW side. I went to the game wearing a hoodie yesterday, with a jersey over it. Near the lake it ended up being 43 with 25-30MPH winds, a lot colder than the burbs...when I went for a run in the morning it was 55 and sunny. I'm over this weather...I need to find a job out west or in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    rynegne - it's still cold in Chicago? That sucks. We're sweating it out here in MIA.
    MadHat Scents

Røyk - Now Available (Incense, Woods, Amber) / Skiff ON SALE! - (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium) / Oudhy ON SALE! (Dark Rose, Dried Woods, Oud, Musk)

ExtremeK, congrats on the new ride! It sounds completely adorable!

Betsy, your day in VA sounds just like it was here in NC. The azaleas are in full bloom EVERYWHERE. My neighborhood looks like a park with all the flowers in bloom. There's one house on my street with a white hydrangea I swear is like two stories high. It's amazing. I picked up a hydrangea-ball that had fallen on the street yesterday and pressed my face in it, and it felt like silk and smelled soooo good. Oh, and YOU smell lovely!!

shades, thanks for sharing your thoughts on No.19. It's one of my very favorites but I can totally see how not everyone would like it. Luckily you have plenty of gorgeous perfumes so you don't need to like them all.

kumquat, I haven't yet tried Iris Bleu Gris. I need to. Thanks for posting the notes and putting it back on my radar where it belongs! That pale iris is gorgeous, too.

(((Mike))), hope your tummy feels better tomorrow. Glad you are enjoying the BR. You got Sweet Tarts with Prelude to Love, too, didn't you? I think the two are quite similar in nature. I agree that it's surprisingly addicting - I didn't expect to fall for this mainstream flanker but it quite simply charmed me.

I'm in No. 5 EDT tonight. I've been watching Queen documentaries on Bio all evening. They play these same two documentaries from time to time and I always love them. I have my windows open and the neighbors probably wonder what sort of animal is being tortured in my house...when really it's me singing along with (((Freddie))).
    Last edited by ErinK; 28th April 2014 at 02:43 AM. Reason: hugs for mike :)
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

I love a good documentary, glad you're having a good Sunday Erin :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    I'm in No. 5 EDT tonight. I've been watching Queen documentaries on Bio all evening. They play these same two documentaries from time to time and I always love them. I have my windows open and the neighbors probably wonder what sort of animal is being tortured in my house...when really it's me singing along with (((Freddie))).
    MadHat Scents

Røyk - Now Available (Incense, Woods, Amber) / Skiff ON SALE! - (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium) / Oudhy ON SALE! (Dark Rose, Dried Woods, Oud, Musk)

Sampling Blenheim Bouquet to end the night. It reminds me of Granville by Dior but not as sharp and bracing.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Mike,
    I definitely like the older Muguet des Bois more than Diorissimo. I'm afraid I don't like the ylang-ylang in Diorissimo.

queen of the universe

Dear ErinK, sing on!

Walked 1 km today (: SOTN is warm and spicy vintage Fabergé Flambeau, a most worthy drugstore classic.

Pleasant night and tomorrow to all.

What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!