Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 27 April, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a super day!

Slumberhouse - Mare.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 27 April, 2014.

Good morning,

Opium old formulation

Bonjour Mesdames!

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 27 April, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello and a lovely Sunday to you all. Parfums Mercedes Jus d'Amour for me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone,

sfmedusa gentle hugs to you, Iím glad to hear thereís some improvement your mobility. You always smell amazing.

Trilby Lark lol ten sprays of CdR? Youíre my hero.

((cestrum)) sorry to hear of last years setbacks. Iím very glad you are here again and Iím enjoying your company greatly. Jabber away!

Mike and teardrop Iím so grateful it was at the start of my thesis rather than the end. Mike that sandalwood oil sounds divine, I'm sure she would consider parting with a little more given itís for you.

LíHeure Bleue vintage vintage extrait and EdT today for rainy day. Heading out to spend a evening at a friends jazz lounge, I volunteered to help evaluate the whiskey selection for the drinks menu . Finally decided on the very assertive Paloma Picasso Mon Parfum vintage EdP to accompany the fun.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Good morning everyone Today I was very undecided about which scent to wear. Finally ended up with Infusion d'iris. Have a great sunday all

Splendid Wood by YSL

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I keep reading threads from people who are discerning enough that they don't find very many fragrances FB worthy. I am in awe of these people because I think I'm their opposite. In fragrance terms I think I'm a bit of a tart- I find WAY too many things that smell good and that I want.

Last night I was glorying in the delights of vintage Madrigal (and deciding that I wanted it) and today I'm doing exactly the same thing with Habanita. I really hope that the same doesn't apply to all of the miniatures in this set because there are 9 of them in total and this could get horribly expensive.

Hope you're all having a good day
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Xscent; l see you're wearing my favourite shoes again, nice!

l'm wearing Tabac Blond extrait today, (from my tiny decant) layered with Narcisse Noir, modern EDT. For me this is a winning combination of light & shade. Tabac Blond on it's own is just too bitter & austere for my taste, but the addition of sunny, golden-yellow florals brightens it up beautifully.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

Jon; is that PC fixed yet? We miss you!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bentley For Men Intense today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Good morning, everyone!

I'm in Jean Patou Sublime today, 90s edp ...y'all have a great day!

ExtremeK, I meant to tell you I had my first Paloma of the year on Friday, thanks to you! It was the very moment when asked "what'll you have?" when your comment popped into my head - perfect timing! So we toasted you, naturally, and it was *delicious* ...almost as good as my Dad's. Thanks again ...to ExtremeK!

Thanks mike - the Brazilian party was *so* much fun! I don't know if you remember this, but Tony and I were in Brazil for our last anniversary/honeymoon holiday in November, so it's very special to us, and it was just wonderful to be able to experience a bit of it again right here at home. Of course there's a ton of other stuff going on, but I'm sure we'll be visiting that pavilion again before it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    ... In fragrance terms I think I'm a bit of a tart- I find WAY too many things that smell good and that I want.
    I hear ya lady; I'm in the same smelly boat.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l'm wearing Tabac Blond extrait today, (from my tiny decant) layered with Narcisse Noir, modern EDT. For me this is a winning combination of light & shade. Tabac Blond on it's own is just too bitter & austere for my taste, but the addition of sunny, golden-yellow florals brightens it up beautifully.
    You make that Caron duet sound divine. I still haven't relinquished Sylvie's Tabac Blond to my mom, and now I'm thinking I need to hang on to it just a little while longer.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 27th April 2014 at 02:03 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Incense Rose by Tauer Perfumes

Have a great day everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good afternoon!
    I have been wearing A Scent by Issey Miyake. This one
    is very long-lasting on me with great sillage too. I have to be in
    the mood for it and today's mixed cool, windy weather seems to
    suit it.
    Last edited by kewart; 27th April 2014 at 04:14 PM.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Whaaa. I can't play outside. It's going to rain for the next few days.
    My landscaping to-do list fills an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
    Dog park is out, too.

Oh, well. Hovť Rue Royale is a rainy-day favorite fragrance. The notes are a guarded mystery, but it contains florals and vetiver, I'll wager. I liked the extrait when dabbed, but sprayed is even better.

Interesting impressions, Jujy. Maybe No. 22 will click for me like you describe. Glad to hear you're getting around. Hope (((sfmedusa))) follows in your footsteps.

Whew, Xscent. I'm relieved your files are recovered.

I'd like to hug Mike and bathe in some of his calming sandalwood radiance.

ExtremeK, a bicycle store is one of my strongest, favorite, and earliest fragrance memories.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good morning, everyone!

It's a gorgeous morning here, and I'm having coffee and (you guessed it) job searching out in the backyard. I may take Rocky to the dog park later, if I can resist the temptation to sunbathe with Hemingway again today.

You guys have a great day!

Sampling Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Colonia.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Blog Entries

Happy to enable, E!

Erin; l love the way the shadow of the fringed umbrella makes it look like she's wearing a shawl. What a great photo!

Wondering how cello's concert went last night? Do tell!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Vintage Shalimar extrait to church this morning. I was expecting a bombastic strength but it's pretty mellow. I put about 6 "dips" on. Smells great by the way.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

teardrop, I love that photo, too. That's Renee Perle, gorgeous muse of Jacques Henri Lartigue, who photographed her there in 1931 on the French Riviera.

I'm also excited to hear about cello's concert last night!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

It's Coromandel today. I held an internal debate with myself this morning about which house is superior: Guerlian or Chanel? I can't decide...

Frank No. 2 Los Angeles

Chanel, Egoiste Cologne Concentree

Attachment 27612

Hello all. PG Tonkamande.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

MPG- Iris Bleu Gris
    Top- lemon, bergamot
    Heart- green leaves, Iris absolue
    Base- vanilla, Jasmine, moss, Vetiver, musk

Last edited by kumquat; 27th April 2014 at 05:32 PM.

Malle - Lys Mediterranee

queen of the universe

At home with NYT in Balahť.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Fishing trip got cancelled due to large waves. Good thing...feeling hung over after toughing it out at the White Sox game yesterday. I was drinking trying to stay warm.

Mancera Kumkat Wood
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

The Different Company Kashan Rose I feels perfect on me today. I am enjoying the base: still rosy and fresh.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Oh, guys, sorry to post late, but I had tennis this morning in 25 mph gusts, per usual in New Mexico this time of year, unfortunately. But I won, so all is well I guess. Funny story - yesterday evening, as I was having a cocktail with friends pre-concert, we checked a phone for the weather. It usually says "windy" or "partly cloudy" or the like. Yesterday, for Albuquerque, it said "70" and "dusty". There you go - pollen and dust flying everywhere in 40mph winds.

Heart was EXCELLENT!!!!! Those ladies still have the voices and showmanship to make a great show!!!! Lot's of oldies, and also some new stuff (I did not know that they had a new release out). Wonderful time, and it has made me want to go back and explore their music again.

I'm still kind of in the glow of the show, so I am in my hippie favorite (and house twins with donna), PG Coze. It just seemed right for today.
    Last edited by cello; 27th April 2014 at 07:43 PM.

E, good for you! I hope your Paloma was that perfect blend of salty and tart! Happy to be of assistance We need a few more weeks of sun and warming temps before it will feel appropriately Paloma-like here.

Speaking of tarts, I hope sfmedusa and E can make room in that boat for another fragrance floozy. I choose to think of it not as failing to have discernment but rather a willingness to be open to all kinds of fragrance experiences -- an epicurean of sorts.

Quarry, how funny! When I walked into the bike shop Friday evening to get the 12 y/o's bike, my first thought was it somehow smelled a bit like the rubbery leather of Tuscan Leather, minus the ashtray. I did in fact get a bike (had to order it, though). It's an Electra Townie 3-speed (internal gears rather than derailleur, which I think ruins the pretty, clean lines of those retro beauties), in leaf green with bright yellow rims and white leather grips. Haven't found the right basket yet, Xscent I'm going to love toodling around on that thing.

It's rainy with a few storms here today, but most of the severe stuff is to south and east of us. Hoping everything is OK in RHM's neck of the woods. Are Bella and the kitten friendlier yet?

I hope you feel better soon, rynegne! Sun and waves would not have been fun with a hangover

I am cuddling up with a fire, a good book (City of Thieves), and Uncle Serge's Un Bois Vanille

(((cestrum))) It's so terrific to see you

It is such a beautiful warm but not hot day here in Virginia with not a rain drop in site. The azaleas are blooming and the iris are getting ready to pop.

Wearing an old favorite -- Diorissimo.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Coty Muguet des Bois today, a bottle from the 1980s/1990s.

I'm horribly out of the loop, I'm afraid. Life has been keeping me hopping!

summer means fireflys

I'm continuing my Chanel-themed weekend by wearing no19 today. This has never been kind to me and today is not exception. Try as I might, I just can't like it ... no offense to you fans. I admire and respect no19 but I don't like it much. BTW, I'm wearing from an old sample marked EDT and I have no idea of the vintage, but I've had the sample for several years, so not the new stuff.

Very windy here too, cello ... we also had a bit or rain go through this morning. A rather loud clap of thunder woke the dog and scared her, so that's how we started our day.

Happy Sunday to everyone and hugs for all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monseiur to church tonight
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

SotE - Sous le Vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Slipped into Richard James tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

Puma - come over here darling & sit next to me...I looooove the smell of Opium on a woman. I have some vintage Parfum but I rarely wear it myself, I find that I have to really be in the mood to wear it.
    sfmedua -
    In fragrance terms I think I'm a bit of a tart- I find WAY too many things that smell good and that I want.
    ((giggle))
    kewart - I love that Issey Miyake - I also found it nice and tenacious. It reminded me a bit of a modern White Linen by Estee Lauder
    Quarry - throwing some ((sandalwoody hugs)) your way
    Rev320 - glad to hear you weren't shy with applying the Shalimar...it's parfum so it's always going to be me much more quiet, but its complexity, the way that it changes and shifts while wearing it, is what I enjoy so much about this version. It actually smells its VERY BEST about 18-24 hours after it's been applied.
    rynegne - it's still cold in Chicago? That sucks. We're sweating it out here in MIA.
    catniptoo - I remember reading about those 'cologne' releases from The Different Company, is the one you're wearing very fruity (I read lychee in the list of notes)?
    cello - '70 and dusty' eh? That's probably something that I will NEVER read on a weather app here in Miami. lol Glad to hear the concert was great & that you won @ tennis!
    ExtremeK - your bike sounds awesome! You have to take a picture of it & post it when it arrives.
    30Roses - SO NICE to see you on the thread today, you're such a busy lady I'm glad you made time for us. I remember lilybelle sending me two formulations of Muguet de Bois, and I thoroughly enjoyed the vintage one...even more so than Diorissimo. I am not a huge fan of lily of the valley but that one struck a chord.
    shades - it took me years for No. 19 to click with me. That nail-varnish-like note is now something I sort of crave.

Thanks to you-know-who-you-are, this morning I thoroughly enjoyed:

Brit Rhythm For Her by Burberry

Equal parts = steamed hot iron + Sweet-Tarts candies + lavender. I can't seem to get enough of it. It's oddly fascinating for a modern feminine designer flanker release.

Tonight, after a massage & several hours by the pool, I came home & splashed on some of the very last drops of on of my absolute favorite eaux colognes (I should have bought several bottles when I could):

Cologne a la Russe by Institut Tres Bien

Pierre Bourdon, perfumer, did this - it's excellent. Citric, powdery, amber loveliness. Reminds me of an ultra-luxury version of that classic Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo smell. So nice on a hot sticky night that we're having here in Miami.

My tummy is a little upset tonight, so I'm taking it easy, having some bland food and watching a movie on the couch. Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend everyone.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

In the burbs it's been decent, I'm about 20 miles from the lake...a little closer to the airport on the NW side. I went to the game wearing a hoodie yesterday, with a jersey over it. Near the lake it ended up being 43 with 25-30MPH winds, a lot colder than the burbs...when I went for a run in the morning it was 55 and sunny. I'm over this weather...I need to find a job out west or in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    rynegne - it's still cold in Chicago? That sucks. We're sweating it out here in MIA.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

ExtremeK, congrats on the new ride! It sounds completely adorable!

Betsy, your day in VA sounds just like it was here in NC. The azaleas are in full bloom EVERYWHERE. My neighborhood looks like a park with all the flowers in bloom. There's one house on my street with a white hydrangea I swear is like two stories high. It's amazing. I picked up a hydrangea-ball that had fallen on the street yesterday and pressed my face in it, and it felt like silk and smelled soooo good. Oh, and YOU smell lovely!!

shades, thanks for sharing your thoughts on No.19. It's one of my very favorites but I can totally see how not everyone would like it. Luckily you have plenty of gorgeous perfumes so you don't need to like them all.

kumquat, I haven't yet tried Iris Bleu Gris. I need to. Thanks for posting the notes and putting it back on my radar where it belongs! That pale iris is gorgeous, too.

(((Mike))), hope your tummy feels better tomorrow. Glad you are enjoying the BR. You got Sweet Tarts with Prelude to Love, too, didn't you? I think the two are quite similar in nature. I agree that it's surprisingly addicting - I didn't expect to fall for this mainstream flanker but it quite simply charmed me.

I'm in No. 5 EDT tonight. I've been watching Queen documentaries on Bio all evening. They play these same two documentaries from time to time and I always love them. I have my windows open and the neighbors probably wonder what sort of animal is being tortured in my house...when really it's me singing along with (((Freddie))).
    Last edited by ErinK; 28th April 2014 at 02:43 AM. Reason: hugs for mike :)

I love a good documentary, glad you're having a good Sunday Erin :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    I'm in No. 5 EDT tonight. I've been watching Queen documentaries on Bio all evening. They play these same two documentaries from time to time and I always love them. I have my windows open and the neighbors probably wonder what sort of animal is being tortured in my house...when really it's me singing along with (((Freddie))).

Sampling Blenheim Bouquet to end the night. It reminds me of Granville by Dior but not as sharp and bracing.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Mike,
    I definitely like the older Muguet des Bois more than Diorissimo. I'm afraid I don't like the ylang-ylang in Diorissimo.

queen of the universe

Dear ErinK, sing on!

Walked 1 km today (: SOTN is warm and spicy vintage Fabergť Flambeau, a most worthy drugstore classic.

Pleasant night and tomorrow to all.

What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!