Code of Conduct

Thread: Mazzolari EDT

Default Mazzolari EDT

.Sandalwood, vetiver, spices and subtle citrus and green notes...

This one was a chameleon....it walked the line somewhere between a green, citrus or some kind of household cleaner scent. At times it was enjoyable, at times I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I am not sure what the end game was here. This one was not for me.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mazzolari EDT

Sorry to hear it. I think this is very interesting. If you've ever had, or get the chance to try Balmain Ivoire, ​there is a similarity. A golden, tangy chypre with plenty of snap.

Mazzolari's stuff is very *love-or-hate* All of them. I'm personally quite fond of quite a few of their offerings but I can see how they can't be to everyone's tastes...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I have yet to try the Balmain but will put it on my radar. I was curious about the Mazzolari line and asked for samples with a purchase I made.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

As long as you're fine with consistent doses of classicism, you'll probably find one to your tastes amongst their offerings.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Blog Entries

Personally, I think the Vetyver ​is very well done but nobody here seems to agree with me.

I am a vetyver fan, Eventually I will try it and let you know how I like it.

I really like this one. It's a great chypre. It's the only one from this house I've found FBW, though. I think Lui is just too much.

I agree...Lui was an interesting ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I really like this one. It's a great chypre. It's the only one from this house I've found FBW, though. I think Lui is just too much.

I love Lui and have been close to buying this unusual 'green one' for years - fascinating piece of work.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I love Lui and have been close to buying this unusual 'green one' for years - fascinating piece of work.
    I hope you can soon. I fear these great scents won't last forever. I'd get it for my husband but I doubt he'd wear it.

I'll take that as a helpful nudge and fix that little problem next time I do a LS run, kumquat
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

I like this line - I have Lui and would love to get a bottle of Patchouli. Sadly, this line is very hard to come by...

Vetyver ​ is the only one I thought was pleasant if I recall from the ones I've tried from this house.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.