Code of Conduct

Default Amouage and Xerjoff in Chicago?

As my fragrance journey takes me further, I am ready to dip into some new houses. I have sampled everything you can sample at Barneys/Saks Fifth/ Neimann Marcus in Chicago. I'm having trouble finding any place where I can smell Amouage or Xerjoff. Other than Luckyscent, which I'm sure is what the answer is, is there a place in Chicago where I can smell either of these two houses? I'm interested in sampling quiet a few and those samples get pricey when you get a bunch on Luckyscent.

Thanks!

Default Re: Amouage and Xerjoff in Chicago?

A few years back, the Miglin store on Oak street had some Amouage. Though I don't know if the store still exists, or if it still carries the line.

Btw, Amouage has been reformulating at breakneck speed over the past couple of years-though it must be said more the feminine than the masculines, so you always have to make sure that what you smell is what you get. (ie if you smell from a sample don't assume it's the same juice as in the bottle).

cacio

Maybe give Neiman Marcus or Saks a ring.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Maybe give Neiman Marcus or Saks a ring.
    To my knowledge, neither store carries them in Chicago.

Yea I tried a Neimann Marcus and Saks in Chicago and they had never heard of either house.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    A few years back, the Miglin store on Oak street had some Amouage. Though I don't know if the store still exists, or if it still carries the line.

Btw, Amouage has been reformulating at breakneck speed over the past couple of years-though it must be said more the feminine than the masculines, so you always have to make sure that what you smell is what you get. (ie if you smell from a sample don't assume it's the same juice as in the bottle).

cacio
    Interesting. Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.

Basenotes Plus

When going to Chicago last October, I asked if either of these were available in the city and the answer was no. Xerjoff is only sold at Luckyscent, Min NY and Parfums Raffy in the US. Amouage is sold by more stores in the US but none of them are in Chicago.

Now that's just sad...we need our own ScentBar. I have to say...I'm a little jealous of NY and LA when it comes to niche perfume offerings.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Now that's just sad...we need our own ScentBar. I have to say...I'm a little jealous of NY and LA when it comes to niche perfume offerings.
    Me too! You'd think we would have access to those scents somewhere in the city.