Code of Conduct

Default Scent Samples in the UK

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of the best places in the UK to get scent samples from, preferably online shops?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Scent Samples in the UK

http://www.scentsamples.uk.com/

Great variety, excellent customer service and good prices. Have used them several times.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post
    http://www.scentsamples.uk.com/

Great variety, excellent customer service and good prices. Have used them several times.
    They are a tad on the expensive side by the looks of it. Anyone got a discount code to even it out a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattoligy View Post
    They are a tad on the expensive side by the looks of it. Anyone got a discount code to even it out a bit?
    An ancient thread... Why not take a look in the Discounts Boards or do a quick Google search?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    An ancient thread... Why not take a look in the Discounts Boards or do a quick Google search?
    I saw 30th April and my mind thought the thread was recent... Was just about to reply with "Three weeks ancient, wtf?" Then I noticed the year :-0 sorry about that my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattoligy View Post
    I saw 30th April and my mind thought the thread was recent... Was just about to reply with "Three weeks ancient, wtf?" Then I noticed the year :-0 sorry about that my bad.
    Nothing bad as such. Let's hope it comes in useful to someone in the future.

Basenotes Junkie

They have no more Guerlain, Chanel, Dior...sigh!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Geco View Post
    They have no more Guerlain, Chanel, Dior...sigh!
    I know! I used to get my Bois de Iles fix from Scent Samples...
    Currently wearing: Rush by Gucci

Chanel and LVMH issued a threat of legal proceedings forcing the removal of Dior, Chanel and all affiliated brands.

They increased the prices like crazy this year, for some brands the prices are nearly double.

I just had a look and their pricing doesnt really make any sense. Take Aventus (which must be one their best sellers):

1ml = £5.00
    2ml = £10.00

Thats quite high for what, at most costs £1.57 per ml before costs. Then we have:

5ml = £16
    10ml = £29

I can only assume they're trying to drive people towards buying the higher volume samples at the expense of lower volume sales. Either that or I guess 1ml is probably the most popular size so they're looking to make the maximum possible profit from the most common sales. But the stepping between prices just looks..well...odd.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
    I just had a look and their pricing doesnt really make any sense. Take Aventus (which must be one their best sellers):

1ml = £5.00
    2ml = £10.00

Thats quite high for what, at most costs £1.57 per ml before costs. Then we have:

5ml = £16
    10ml = £29

I can only assume they're trying to drive people towards buying the higher volume samples at the expense of lower volume sales. Either that or I guess 1ml is probably the most popular size so they're looking to make the maximum possible profit from the most common sales. But the stepping between prices just looks..well...odd.
    If going for larger ml 10, 20, 30 this site is a no brainer for Creed fans. Top notch service, fast delivery too....

https://tomscreeddecants.bigcartel.com

I see this has been resurrected recenly, but out of interest, do people still trust Scent Samples UK?

I ordered from them recently and the scents themselves seemed fine, but the quantities felt quite considerably short. It seems to be a really common thing: if private decants at fair prices, I don't really mind too much if they're squeezing half a ml here or there. But for a business it seems questionable practice.

I made the rookie error of paying for 1ml - something I'm not intending on doing again - but it felt closer to something like 0.6ml. The vial was noticeably less than I'd considered 1ml to look like (should have measured in hindsight). Ended up getting less than 10 sprays from each in the end, even when trying to half-squeeze and make it go further.

Basically, there are a few fragrances I'm looking at buying in 50ml quantities when the next good 15-20%+ discount code pops up. Somehow, it works out cheaper to buy 50ml decants of the scents I'm after than trying to get a full bottle for the same quantity of liquid. Add discount on to that and it seems a no-brainer.

My worries, then, are:

- Are they underfilling?
    - Are they possibly selling fakes?

Added to that, are the vials and atomisers they're using cheap enough that evaporation comes in to play? The last thing I'd want is to buy several 50ml decants to find out in a few years' time that my money has been gradually floating off in to the atmosphere...

I've never ordered from them but I doubt they're selling fakes or short measures. At the end of the day the only difference between them and anyone else is their reputation and convenience. I suspect it just comes down to the fact that they stick rigorously to 1ml in measurement (which isnt a lot). I know some other suppliers tend to be a bit more generous and you usually get between 1ml and 1.5ml for a 1ml order.