Code of Conduct

Default Buying montale online

hi basenoters need some help with regard to purchasing some montale

ive been on there site and am interested in their gift box( you choose 3x20 ml of your choice) has anyone had experience ordering from montale online? because i sent an email and there has been no response

and finally im going to get black aoud, cuir d arabie but the 3rd is up for grabs, any suggestions for the 3rd montale would be appreciated

ps i do like dark mysterious scents and do like a cologne that garners compliments so please consider this with any sugesstions

many thanks

mauricio

Default Re: Buying montale online

I have read that several of your countrymen have ordered the gift box from Montale's online site and have had very positive results. Unfortunately coming from the US, ordering directly from Montale is no longer an option, but when they had the physical store in Paris I had often ordered directly from them without any problems. Regarding your third choice, I would suggest Blue Amber or Attar as the 3rd option.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

hey hednic thanks for replying, appreciate it, yes hopefully some uk basenoters bump the thread up with some advice

so you say blue amber? and attar? il look in to them, thanks

I ordered direct from them a few months ago, around Christmas/New Year's time. I ordered a few full bottles (they didn't have the 20ml set option then). Delivery was reasonably quick and everything arrived safely.

From what I've read on here, responding to emails doesn't seem to be a strong point. You could always try their Facebook page as that seemed to be quite active last time I looked (when I placed my order months ago).
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Need some Roja help: Need a Roja cap, any one (gave away my Fetish cap)
    Also my Harrods Oud bottle needs a cap
    Muchas gracias

cheers big bloke

il just keep trying, im sure eventually they will respond, il also try their facebook page, thanks

just a quick one plz? what bottles did you buy? and how wuld you rate them? thanks

Basenotes Plus

Right then - I have pretty recent experience of Montale as I have placed a number of orders with them

They will not reply to emails. They never do. I have emailed for information, order variations etc and never received a reply. I have even put a note on an order I placed and they didn't come back to me on that either. I would just accept that you are wasting your time trying to get hold of them.

They are currently offering a couple of things that I think are good. Firstly, if you order a full bottle of anything then you get to chose a 20ml bottle of anything for free. As an example, my last two orders looked like this:

1 x 100ml Aoud Lime with 1 x 20ml Intense Café (Free)
    1 x 100ml Dark Aoud with 1 x 20ml Soleil de Capri (Free)

I have also ordered a 3 x 20ml box and although delivery was pretty good, the bottles had all lost their tags (still in the box but loose) one of the bottles had a small dint in it and there had been a small amount of leakage out of one of the bottles. I was going to email them but then remembered point 1 shown above!

Not sure from your post if you have tried Cuir D'Arabie? I would strongly recommend sampling this first. Today, I am wearing Dark Aoud and feel very comfortable in it but Cuir D'Arabie is way too much for me. I would suggest getting a 1ml sample from scentsamples as I have found this the best way to test Montale before taking the plunge - it certainly saved me from getting CdA which is just too strong for my tastes.

From a personal point of view I would test first but if you are going blind then I would offer the following based on the ones I own

Blue Amber - Quite powdery and a strong Amber
    Lime Aoud - love this - gives a zingy feel to the normal Montale Oud theme - lasts forever, more so than any other scent I own
    Dark Aoud - not sure of this one but have received a compliment today from my Boss - very dry and you would need to like the Montale 'thing' to stand any chance with this
    Soleil De Capri - love this, I see it more of a summer scent and is brighter than most Montales
    Red Vetyver - almost identical to TdH but I think that this is a touch better and lasts a touch longer
    Intense Café - this threw me as the sample I tried had a subtle hint of coffee but the full bottle has a massive blast of coffee at the start
    Red Aoud - a favourite of mine. Usual Montale blast at the start but gets a bit smoother with a touch of vanilla

So there you go - hope this helps?

I bought 100mls of Dark Aoud, Black Aoud and Aoud Musk along with a free 20ml for each full bottle purchase: Aoud Lime, Wild Aoud & Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. I also received a promotional offer 20ml of Black Musk (they had a pre-selected free bottle with orders at that time).

Prior to purchasing I had tried the vast majority of the Montale line through samples. Aoud Lime and Black Musk were 'blind buys' for me and thankfully nice enough to have 20ml of.

I really enjoy Dark Aoud and Aoud Musk. I love the Saffron in Dark Aoud. Both are very strong and last for ages. Cuir d'Arabie can take a little getting used to but is nice. Dry down is very nice.
    I don't get a lot of Oud from Black Aoud but perhaps my nose is spoilt by pure oud oils. Lovely rose in it though, that's why I bought it.
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Muchas gracias

thanks yarn apprecaite the detailed info a lot, i have sampled cuir d arabie an black aoud and like them enough, the 3rd wiill be a blind buy but thanks

may i ask how you eventually got intouch with them with regards to your order

and cheers for that aswell big bloke with your breakdown of the montales you bought, appraciet it bruv

so guys? are you basiaclly saying just place the order and stop wasting my time with emailing them? whats tje procesure online? is it step by step instructions? i.e they take ur card details and adress etc? thanks

Yep
    What I'd like to try

My UK Swapsies!

Muchas gracias

LOL ok guess il take the plunge since montale obvioulsy dont know the word custimer service exists cheers

Do post back and let us know how you get on, Mauricio2012. It's hard not being able to sample a fragrance in the UK and yet having to buy it online - I don't like blind buying and certainly wouldn't recommend it. Posting information back here will mean we others can benefit from your experience(s).

no problems rum , i will do so, im only really going to blind buy one montale as i have smelled black aoud and cuir d arabie and like them
    both as to me they just smell mysterious and unique and i do have a fondness for arabic type scents, the 3rd is going to be a blind buy so hopefully i choose one that is a complimemt getter and is appreciated by women anyways many thanks for you nice ppl for the advice greatly appreciated

Guess what guys? i cant believe it lol , montale actially replied to my message, that must be a first from what ive read on here

they replied via a their facebook account simply giving me a couple of links to click on to order their stock

will be putting order in soon , thanks for the advice on this thread

ps anymore recommendations for the one blind buy i will be ordering will be appreciated

just a heads up i love tuscan leather? anything similar montale have? thanks

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio2012 View Post
    Guess what guys? i cant believe it lol , montale actially replied to my message, that must be a first from what ive read on here

they replied via a their facebook account simply giving me a couple of links to click on to order their stock

will be putting order in soon , thanks for the advice on this thread

ps anymore recommendations for the one blind buy i will be ordering will be appreciated

just a heads up i love tuscan leather? anything similar montale have? thanks
    Congratulations with the email, fine work indeed

With regards to the third, are you thinking something that is 'typical' Montale (powerful start, variation of Oud) or are you thinking something from the vanilla, fruit, ocean line?

hey yarn how you doin?

thanks

well if im homest with you, may come across shallow but i do enjoy comiments from females so i guess something which is a crowd pleaser yet dark and seductive at the same time if you know what i mean

frgrances i own and enjoy

creed aventus
    tuscan leather
    creed pure white cologne
    noir de noir

but just to add i do like that whole middle eatern vibe to fragrances aswell, you know the type that is mysterious almost mythical

cheers

ps im not a fan of gourmands

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio2012 View Post
    ps im not a fan of gourmands
    Ok - of the ones that I own/have tested I would go with either Red Aoud or Aoud Lime.

As an outsider, maybe Red Vetyver as that is a lady-pleaser but is pretty much TdH in a different bottle

thanks i have sample tdh and tbh it never did it for me

most likely go for dark aoud, red aoud or the lime one you mentioned

appreciate the suggestions