Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Today I Bought: May 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    Those are beautiful bottles! Have you tried figue? If so, what are your thoughts?
    Yes , Have the entire line. Figue Fruitee is a wonderful fig-cedar scent. Both fruity and woody. Just the right mix.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hey Remik where do you find this i want to get it but i don't see it anywhere ,can you please help me out with this one, Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Guerlain Homme L'Eau. Nothing extravagant, but it's been discontinued and it took me a while to find a place that had this in stock. Should be nice on scorching hot summer days.

This one sounds really cool, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Got a nice deal on it.

and while I was at it...

I have a feeling this one smells pretty good, but caught flak since it was a CK release. I'm curious to see for myself.

Looks slightly like the Dior Homme bottling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

I have a feeling this one smells pretty good, but caught flak since it was a CK release. I'm curious to see for myself.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by trucupey20 View Post
    Hey Remik where do you find this i want to get it but i don't see it anywhere ,can you please help me out with this one, Thank you.
    Guerlain Homme L'Eau has been discontinued so it's getting harder and harder to find. It took me a while to locate a bottle in stock (many sites have it listed, but it's always "out of stock"), and I found it at scentedmonkey.com. I just checked, though, and they are out of stock already. The next best price I found was on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Guerlain-Homme.../dp/B00I0R37KU - there are others but in the $141+ range, which is a bit high. $89 is fair, all things considering, but I wouldn't pay $141+ for it (unless you really really love it and the one at $89 is gone by the time you see this post).

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Looks slightly like the Dior Homme bottling.
    Yeah, it does. I hadn't noticed that.

I hope the atomizer's as good!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Yeah, it does. I hadn't noticed that.

I hope the atomizer's as good!
    I have a couple of CK fragrances and their atomizers don't even come close to Dior's. Dior atomizers are in a whole different league compared to any brand I have tried. Nothing wrong with CK atomizers though!

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    I have a couple of CK fragrances and their atomizers don't even come close to Dior's. Dior atomizers are in a whole different league compared to any brand I have tried. Nothing wrong with CK atomizers though!
    Don't wanna go off-topic too much, but yeah...those Dior atomizers might be the best around, designer or niche.

All blind...

I'm someone else that's sold on the hype of Balenciaga(only a mini though since I'm still slightly skeptical knowing my preferences)

Huge fan of 24 Gold, so I have faith I'll dig 24 Platinum too

I have sampled Minotaure and loved it. Since I read these were similar, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

That should keep me smelling swell for many months!

Orange Sanguine........I got a sample with my last order and it really wowed me. : ) So I went for it.

Xerjoff Join the Club: Comandante!

Been looking for a deal on this one, and I found a slightly used bottle finally. This is like an upscale Pure Havane to me. Fantastic.

Debating....Phoenicia Perfumes Oud Taiga or Slumberhouse Norne??? Help...
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

Serge Lutens Vitriol d'Œillet, 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Debating....Phoenicia Perfumes Oud Taiga or Slumberhouse Norne??? Help...
    That new Phoencia looks really interesting. And it's a limited release, correct? That's a pretty good motivator.

That being said ... how in the world do you not already own Norne?

My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

Quote Originally Posted by vbs View Post

I've only tired the EdP which literally the smallest splashed SCREAMED off the skin, not really my style. I'd rather have something a bit softer and longer lasting. Not sure how Taiga is to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    That new Phoencia looks really interesting. And it's a limited release, correct? That's a pretty good motivator.

That being said ... how in the world do you not already own Norne?

Quote Originally Posted by RS2AM View Post
    All blind...

I'm someone else that's sold on the hype of Balenciaga(only a mini though since I'm still slightly skeptical knowing my preferences)

I'll bet you'll thoroughly enjoy this. It's a classic.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I've only tired the EdP which literally the smallest splashed SCREAMED off the skin, not really my style. I'd rather have something a bit softer and longer lasting. Not sure how Taiga is to be honest...
    Ah, okay. You should definitely get the extrait.

That being said, I'm curious about Taiga. But I just looked and realized that it only comes in a 5ml splash bottle. I hate splash bottles ... that may be a deal-breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'll bet you'll thoroughly enjoy this. It's a classic.
    I hope. I go back and forth on Lapidus, it's definitely not something I reach for a lot, so I wasn't sure about this one.

Naylor, you know you're being a bad influence right now? I have had this in my cart for two days....ugh.

That being said, I'm curious about Taiga. But I just looked and realized that it only comes in a 5ml splash bottle. I hate splash bottles ... that may be a deal-breaker for me.

Micallef Art Collection Puzzle # 1 & 2 100ml EDP

Naylor, you know you're being a bad influence right now? I have had this in my cart for two days....ugh.

Thanks a lot naylor!

I was one of the first on the Slumberhouse "train"...never liked the Norne EdP to be honest...taking my chance on the extrait.

Ummm...maybe went a little over board on the incense?

There isn't such a thing if you're like me, buy all the incense you can!

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post

Thanks a lot naylor!

I was one of the first on the Slumberhouse "train"...never liked the Norne EdP to be honest...taking my chance on the extrait.

Hehehe. The extrait of this was my first Slumberhouse, and still one of my favorites.

It's OK, Hinoki is in no way an incense scent, so it looks like a perfectly balanced purchase to me. All great scents.

Thanks a lot naylor!

How have I not yet sampled Norne...
    Just say no to oniomania.

Lonestar Memories
    Lonestar.jpg

Oud Taiga is awesome. Very pleased with it has a certain musky sweetness which is very addictive.

I use a standard vial dipstick to apply from the splash bottle. I've got empty atomisers but I think it may be better not to spray it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/13449822&t=totry&s=n

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Today pulled the trigger on an attar: Cuir et Bois, and a pure oud: Cantik Candan both from Agar Aura. Taha is creating and sourcing oud oils that are as good as it gets for this moment in time, imo.
    You won't be disappointed! Awesome stuff. I've just ordered the Cuir et Bois too.

I got:
    2 bottles of

and a sample of
    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/13449822&t=totry&s=n

Xerjoff XJ 17 Homme

Xerjoff Shooting Stars Kobe

Arrived today.....Decants of Amouage OpusVI, Opus VII, Interlude Man,Epic Man plus samples of Gold Silver and Ciel from a very generous Basenoter.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Directly from the US Dior website today. I cannot believe they do free complimentary OVERNIGHT UPS shipping. I am really impressed.

Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

After waiting two years to pull the trigger... H&G Askew. The smell has haunted me for so long I just had to get it.

Not a big purchase, but something I wanted as another safe fresh scent.

My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Basenotes Plus

Mont Blanc Individuel

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

Just bought a bottle of this last month myself. Great pickup - enjoy!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Getting ready for the summer!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Just bought a bottle of this last month myself. Great pickup - enjoy!
    Many thanks . It was actually your purchase that initially opened my eyes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Directly from the US Dior website today. I cannot believe they do free complimentary OVERNIGHT UPS shipping. I am really impressed.

Excellent purchase IMO!

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Going with inexpensive bottles this month. Got Jovan Intense Oud & Secret Amber for $8.95 a bottle with free shipping. We'll see how these go.

Well, I read some reviews and bought Jovan's Silky Rose too. It is unisex and I'll take a chance on it at under $10. Supposedly these were built to stand alone or to layer them.
    Last edited by UKisGR8; 11th May 2014 at 12:26 AM.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

From Nordstrom Rack eau Cartier Concentree

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    Arrived today.....Decants of Amouage OpusVI, Opus VII, Interlude Man,Epic Man plus samples of Gold Silver and Ciel from a very generous Basenoter.
    I approve ;o)

You're going to be sucked in now. A year later, and you'll own the whole line. Trust me ;o)

AllureHommeBlanche_Romance.jpg

After much hunting, bought a 150 ml bottle Its really becoming difficult to find. Looks like one of the very last batches (March 2012).

A few recent impulse buys:

Anglia Perfumery: Duncan (supposedly the descendant of Crown Perfumery Buckingham)
    Guerlain: Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
    Diptyque: Eau Moheli
    Nina Ricci: Phileas
    Gorilla: The Bug & Dirty
    Sisley: Eau d'Ikar
    Rituals: No 14 Cypress & Tangerine
    O'Driu: Linfedele Haiku

From a standing start last June I have alas just cruised over the 150 mark and my fragrance cabinet is now getting extremely crowded.
    I must either get a grip on this hobby (fetish?) or get a larger cabinet...

My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Probo View Post
    A few recent impulse buys:

Anglia Perfumery: Duncan (supposedly the descendant of Crown Perfumery Buckingham)
    Guerlain: Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
    Diptyque: Eau Moheli
    Nina Ricci: Phileas
    Gorilla: The Bug & Dirty
    Sisley: Eau d'Ikar
    Rituals: No 14 Cypress & Tangerine
    O'Driu: Linfedele Haiku

From a standing start last June I have alas just cruised over the 150 mark and my fragrance cabinet is now getting extremely crowded.
    I must either get a grip on this hobby (fetish?) or get a larger cabinet...
    Some great acquisitions in the mix there, Linfedele Haiku and Phileas in particular. I also am happy to see the Crown Perfumery legacy living on at least to a degree... Congrats on the purchases!
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Exactly my two favourite incense scents from that series, a perfect choice imho. Enjoy!
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Slumberhouse - Ore
    Parfum d'Empire - Cuir Ottoman
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    Geo F Trumper - Curzon

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

My sales - WORLDWIDE | Vtg Signoricci 1 & Signoricci 2 - EDT 200 ML BNIB | http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...DT-200-ML-BNIB

Laughing...you are probably right...

I approve ;o)

You're going to be sucked in now. A year later, and you'll own the whole line. Trust me ;o)
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Tom Ford Amber Absolute

I've been wanting a bottle of this in my collection for a while now.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense