Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance free days or zones?

I'd be interested in hearing if any of you feel/have the need for scent free days? That is, days that you find if better not to wear anything?
    If so, is it because you personally feel the need or because of the activity/location etc?

Personally i do have these, days that include lots of really heavy training, physical labour or spending time in the woods are my scent free days

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

Default Re: Fragrance free days or zones?

The only scent free days for me at this time in my life are either when I'm miserably under the weather or present at a funeral. Wearing any fragrance under those circumstances for me is quite unpleasant.
    Last edited by hednic; 2nd May 2014 at 05:27 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I will go scent free when I go 'shopping'...... I need the arm space and a clear nose.

I'm more likely to wear three in a day than go scent free. Very occasionally if I have just forgotten or a child is sick. Then I don't.

Headaches or migraines - if I've woken up with one, I'll go fragrance-free until it's gone. Some other kinds of illness (like fevers) where the head is affected.
    If I know I'm going to have a stressful day, I won't wear fragrance until I am sure my emotions are ok - I've had well-loved fragrances attack me when I've been under stress.
    If I am going to be visiting a perfume shop, then I don't wear anything in order to keep my nose as clear as possible. Usually by the end of the session I am covered in juice.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I will go scent free when I go 'shopping'...... I need the arm space and a clear nose.

I'm more likely to wear three in a day than go scent free. Very occasionally if I have just forgotten or a child is sick. Then I don't.

I'd go with that (minus the child part since I don't have kids). If I'm planning to go smell scents and might want to wear one home then I might not wear anything in the morning. Otherwise I will usually wear 2 a day- one in the morning for work and another when I get home and am sitting around the house. Mostly that's because I spray on my clothes and I change my clothes after work.

thanks
    rick

I too don't wear anything when I have a headache, it just makes it 10x worse. Also I don't when traveling, going into nature, and on stressful days.

Only when I go perfume testing.

for swap/sale:

During times of extreme sickness or due to very busy schedule.

When doing something that will get me dirty or going to the mall on a sampling mission.
    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/13449822&t=totry&s=n

Only if I'm under the weather.

Court days or important business meetings…no scent.

Occasionally I go scent free if I've been experiencing olfactory fatigue.

Not really, it is part of the morning routine.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Sure, sometimes, usually not more than one day or half day. I test samples every day and sometimes I enjoy a break. Or sometimes I come back to my small "raw materials" collection just to revise how some of them smell!
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Slumberhouse - Ore
    Parfum d'Empire - Cuir Ottoman
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    Geo F Trumper - Curzon

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

My sales - WORLDWIDE | Vtg Signoricci 1 & Signoricci 2 - EDT 200 ML BNIB | http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...DT-200-ML-BNIB

When i'm home all day doing nothing and for some reason have decided not to freshen up via a shower i'll nornally skip the fragrance aswell.

Never go fragrance free... One of the few accessories men have, and part of who I am.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Whenever I have any kind of nasal ailment, ie. colds or flu, and headaches tend not to mix well with fragrance. I also feel that it's inappropriate to wear fragrance at funerals, and wearing fragrance to a funeral might have the negative effect of associating that fragrance with the loss of a friend or a loved one, which is never ideal.

Everything else is pretty much fair game, but in those less suitable environments (on a plane, at hospital etc.) it's advisable to wear a lighter fragrance.

queen of the universe

When I'm walking in the woods, visiting a greenhouse, or at the beach. I want to smell nature under those circumstances.

At synagogue, someone I sit near is scent-averse. If I apply scent at all then, it is just a drop to my right wrist (he sits to my left) for myself; no complaints so far.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Only on (sick) days when my fingers are too tired (or lazy) to spray some on me...