Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Oud Game

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Default Re: The Oud Game

Masha'er by Oud Elite (don't think this one was ever mentioned or discussed.

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Noir Oudh by Ne`emah For Fragrance & Oudh (couldn't find it discussed or talked about anywhere on Basenotes0

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Rasikh.jpg

Rasikh Oud has real Indian oud oil with spicy and vetiver notes. Probably challenging to western noses that have't delved into Indian oud as it is has animalic notes. I also get damp woody notes in this usually associated with Indonesian oud.
    Last edited by sealofmusk; 10th August 2015 at 07:18 PM.

Antique Aged Aoud Abdul Samad Al Qurashi (Haven't seen this one talked about here at Basenotes yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Antique Aged Aoud Abdul Samad Al Qurashi (Haven't seen this one talked about here at Basenotes yet.)

Interesting - what's the full name? Can't make out last word... Dahn Oud Atorque?

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Interesting - what's the full name? Can't make out last word... Dahn Oud Atorque?
    The full name is Antik Aged Aoud by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

Himalayan Oud by Premiere Note 100ml EDP ( hasn't previously been discussed here on Basenoes)

Last edited by hednic; 15th October 2015 at 02:02 PM.

The full name is Antik Aged Aoud by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi
    Hednic, how did the Antik Aged Aoud turn out? Also, where did you purchase it?

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Hednic, how did the Antik Aged Aoud turn out? Also, where did you purchase it?
    I never owned or purchased this. I added it to this thread because I had never heard it mentioned nor discussed previously here on Basenotes.

I never owned or purchased this. I added it to this thread because I had never heard it mentioned nor discussed previously here on Basenotes.
    Ah, OK... thanks for clearing that up. Seems like this is only available in the Middle East. I like the theme...

Patchouli Oud by Affinessence

Oud Bakhakh by Syed Junaid Alam
    Bakhakh.jpg
    If you generally enjoy the intense pure oud scent and don't think it smells like animal feces; then you'll love this.
    I smell nothing but agarwood in this and while I find it a bit burdensome on its own I find it to be an ideal product for layering onto many other frags!

Quote Originally Posted by sealofmusk View Post

Rasikh Oud has real Indian oud oil with spicy and vetiver notes. Probably challenging to western noses that have't delved into Indian oud as it is has animalic notes. I also get damp woody notes in this usually associated with Indonesian oud.
    Had not heard of this house before. Thanks for the info.

[QUOTE=N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer;3384387]Ajmal - Dahn Al Oudh Moattaq

No idea about this brand.

I purchased the 18 ml mukhallat version. During my search on the web for oud, I found one well researched article about ouds mentioning Ajmal company "and their most extravagant creation is a blend of aged 'ud oils called Dahnal Oudh al-Moattaq" by name: http://archive.aramcoworld.com/issue...ented.wood.htm
    I wanted to get real high quality oud, after reading about the many cheap ouds, imitations and synthetic molecules.
    It is very pungeant at the first smell but then it gets tamed down and gives a very nice woody scent. I am happy that I purchased this one at neroli.hu their official distributor.
    This is a very exclusive collectors item in a crystal bottle and a wooden box, and rich complex and intense scent.
    With this one I am sure I have a genuine and high quality OUD in my small fragrance collection.
    Last edited by HTom; 6th May 2017 at 07:06 PM.