Code of Conduct

Default I need an amplified Daim Blond

So I've just bought a bottle of Daim Blond by Serge Lutens (production date is 2005) in a private/stock clearing/clearance sale, while I absolutely love the smell, the sillage and longevity is non-existent, the smell is similar to what I've smelled a while ago though. I'm not sure if it is meant to be like that or the bottle has turned. Can someone voice in on this? I've purchased a carded sample of it to test but in the mean time, opinion on this formulation regarding performance would be very helpful.

I want to buy a new one but there is rumored that the new formulation is extremely watered down with weak sillage and short longevity.

In that case, can you guys recommend me a fragrance with good performance that delivers similar smelling profile that DB has. Apricot with very clean and poise suede. I do not want any shank or animalic hint in the fragrance though, smelling feminine is also a plus

Thanks guys

Default Re: I need an amplified Daim Blond

You'll need to look at 'feminines' imo

Banned

Try Naomi Goodsir- Cuir Velours.

Donna Karan for women is supposed to be similar but no idea if it is still available.

Tom of Finland. Not as fruity as DB, but supersmooth, and very long lasting, as usual with ELdO.

Watering down of DB sounds strange, but I haven't tried, and right now, with IFRA and all the rest, everything is possible.

cacio

Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri smells quite similar to me, although it is more or less equally "light" - mostly because the notes are, since it's about suede, flowers, fruits, it's not exactly "power" stuff

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Try Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste or Bottega Veneta.

Indeed Daim Blond has been reformulated though the scent is largely intact. The vintage version leaves a thin film on the skin but more recent versions don't. I suspect longevity and projection could have been altered.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

Indeed Daim Blond has been reformulated though the scent is largely intact. The vintage version leaves a thin film on the skin but more recent versions don't. I suspect longevity and projection could have been altered.
    These reformulations suck!
    I'm so glad I have a "vintage" bottle of Daim Blond.
    I love it. It's one of my favorite Lutens.
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned

I have a new bottle of Daim Blond that is not a powerhouse but has good projection and longevity. The first two hours are quite strong and than three hours of a more muted scent but overall very good performance in my experience. I consider it in the top two of the Serge Lutens line.

Have you tried Tuscan Leather?
    We want a niche forum.

I tried Von Eusersdorf's Classic Orange a few days ago, and it put me in mind of Daim Blonde.

Thanks guys for the suggestions

Please tell me more about your experiences regarding longevity and sillage of your Daim Blond bottle

I guess I should tell you a little more about the performance of Daim Blond on me. Normally, no matter how light the scent is, it always opens with big sillage on my skin, but DB starts out as a very soft whisper and it stays that way through out. The opening is the apricot jam with a little flower in the sillage, It feels somehow watery. Then for about 1.5 to 2hrs, it turn into the clean suede. 4 hrs in and if I'm shirtless I can still smell the soft suede smell on my skin, the fragrance dies down slowly from there

I've always had very good longevity and projection. 1-2 sprays and I was set. Of course I'd spray on my shirt so that might have had something to do with it. Not sure.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?