Code of Conduct

Default [Q]Is this type of leak a concern?

I have a bottle of vintage Dior Homme that I acquired recently. Today when I tilted the bottle forward a bit there was some juice leaking out from the base of the sprayer. It sprays just fine and no juice spills when I spray, should I decant the rest? Or will the rest of the juice be okay in the bottle with the cap on? It is stored in my drawer which is consistently room temperature and dry. Thank you in advance for your input. P.S - The juice smells perfectly fine still.

Default Re: [Q]Is this type of leak a concern?

If you plan to use the bottle within the next 5 years or so, there's nothing to worry. Just make sure you don't tilt the bottle.

Contact with oxygen will over several decades affect the quality of the perfume, but we're talking about decades. Oxygen is present in all bottles, also those that have seals. If the bottle leaks, then there's just a little bit more oxygen contact - but this is marginal. As you are doing, light and temperature are more important factors.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    If you plan to use the bottle within the next 5 years or so, there's nothing to worry. Just make sure you don't tilt the bottle.

Contact with oxygen will over several decades affect the quality of the perfume, but we're talking about decades. Oxygen is present in all bottles, also those that have seals. If the bottle leaks, then there's just a little bit more oxygen contact - but this is marginal. As you are doing, light and temperature are more important factors.

cacio
    Thanks for the response! I guess I'll just leave it as is! I did read that you could also just put the bottle into a zip lock and that could help. Thoughts on that?

I would leave it out of the bag but has been mentioned not tilt it and you should be fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks for the responses! I'll leave it as is!

Use some gorilla clue around the perimeter to contain the breach.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I thought this was a topic about fake boobs. Bummer.