Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dior Homme

34 55.74%
  • Creed Millesime Imperial

27 44.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (5/5/14) Elite 8: Dior Homme vs Millesime Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    But now it is getting more interesting. Because there is now a very strong possibility that the top 4 Basenotes favorites will ALL be Creeds.
    * Correction: The top 4 as voted for by those who for some reason saw some value in your polls and could be bothered to vote, predictably, will ALL be Creeds.

As you just said: "Come on now, 60 replies and only 15 votes"

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thank you for confirming that these threads do not have any point.
    [IMG]http://***********************/instances/500x/49427094.jpg[/IMG]

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (5/5/14) Elite 8: Dior Homme vs Millesime Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    And that will be a sad day for perfumery!
    Lol, Hello Colin, you just cant help yourself can you with the wise cracks...

I always laugh when people rate MI, i can kind of understand why theyd think its ok, but thats about it.

As stated by Mod, only those who have voted, and just in case youve been wondering, ive not voted.

I no you like to show off your knowledge but you really do have to learn to accepct that you dont always no whats best for other people, when people have money to spend they make there own decisions, they dont need to be told what is right or wrong for them, or incinuated or bellittled into believing that they no nothing about a subject just because there choice is not your choice.

As far as Creed goes, imo the likes of GIT and VIW and to some degree Aventus perfectly deserve to be popular and well loved and appreciated fragrances and winners of whatever meaningless and pointless popularity poles are going on here lol.

Have a nice day!

The last two pages of this thread prove out the point I've been trying to make for weeks now...the only real discussion in these battle threads is about the merits of the thread itself. Even when Ipp and other moderators encourage us to post more detailed answers, it just doesn't happen.

All of this begs the question: what is the point of these threads? To which I answer: There is none, other than to spam the forum.

Can we please put an end to this insanity?

Hmmmm... Dior Homme vs. Azzaro Chrome Summer Apple, Uh I mean Milliseme Imperial

Dior Homme by a landslide

As I see it this is a forum for informational and lighthearted entertainment purposes. To me someone posting one thread a day with a poll causes no long term harm or negative health effects. Post and let post, I say; and if you are tired of the threads you can save your energy by not clicking on them instead of talking about it for 15 minutes every day.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    The last two pages of this thread prove out the point I've been trying to make for weeks now...the only real discussion in these battle threads is about the merits of the thread itself. Even when Ipp and other moderators encourage us to post more detailed answers, it just doesn't happen.

All of this begs the question: what is the point of these threads? To which I answer: There is none, other than to spam the forum.

Can we please put an end to this insanity?
    We've all known since day one that these threads are meaningless fluff, but how do you suppose we put an end to them? As far as I know the op is not breaking any rules. He's allowed to start a new battle thread everyday if he chooses to. So what is the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    We've all known since day one that these threads are meaningless fluff, but how do you suppose we put an end to them? As far as I know the op is not breaking any rules. He's allowed to start a new battle thread everyday if he chooses to. So what is the solution?
    As you and many others have already pointed out, these "battles" are set up in such a way that actual discussion about them is impossible and/or pointless. Given that, I continue to believe what LHBI has been trying to point out for weeks now: that these threads are nothing more than spam and should therefore stopped.

Creed MI though to be honest I'm not a big fan of either.

As you and many others have already pointed out, these "battles" are set up in such a way that actual discussion about them is impossible and/or pointless. Given that, I continue to believe what LHBI has been trying to point out for weeks now: that these threads are nothing more than spam and should therefore stopped.
    So you'd like to ban the dude, or just take away the dude's right to post a new thread?

I don't see these threads as spam. They're mostly pointless, but I wouldn't call them spam. They're polls of fragrances. Spam is the guy who posts movie links, or the guy that tries to sell credit card info. I don't care for these threads, so I've taken the approach of avoiding them. I believe this is the first one Ive gotten involved in. Anyways, I have a feeling the dude is going somewhere with all this. There will be a big payoff in the end. Trust in the dude. He'll bring the goods.

Anyways, I have a feeling the dude is going somewhere with all this. There will be a big payoff in the end. Trust in the dude. He'll bring the goods.
    Yes, the next series of "battles" will be all Creeds, with different batch numbers.

So you'd like to ban the dude, or just take away the dude's right to post a new thread?

I don't see these threads as spam. They're mostly pointless, but I wouldn't call them spam. They're polls of fragrances. Spam is the guy who posts movie links, or the guy that tries to sell credit card info. I don't care for these threads, so I've taken the approach of avoiding them. I believe this is the first one Ive gotten involved in. Anyways, I have a feeling the dude is going somewhere with all this. There will be a big payoff in the end. Trust in the dude. He'll bring the goods.
    Nope, I don't see a need in banning anyone. Locking threads that don't foster discussion or contribute to our understanding or appreciation of fragrances has worked for this forum in the past and feels like the correct solution in this case, IMO.

AM NOT IN LOVE WITH EITHER BUT WOULD CHOOSE DIOR HOMME. Dior Homme's flankers are outstanding too. Dior Homme Cologne compares well with MI, and I prefer it to MI as well. Just an opinion. Every now and then I do get a hankering for some MI. But it passes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by LivelyupURself View Post
    Yes, the next series of "battles" will be all Creeds, with different batch numbers.

[QUOTE=JiveHippo;3141200]We've all known since day one that these threads are meaningless fluff, but how do you suppose we put an end to them?

And then you write : "There will be a big payoff in the end. Trust in the dude. He'll bring the goods :"

Which is it ?

And hello again Jive

* OK I suppose all will be revealed ......
    Last edited by martinijo; 5th May 2014 at 03:57 PM.

I'm still waiting for the real heavyweight bout: the reigning champion Vetiver by Arran Aromatics vs. former champion Just Grapefruit. Too close to call!

If nobody responded to a thread and simply ignored the threads they considered pointless fluff, it would die a naturally death. The number of responses seem to indicate that others are finding them interesting though. Go figure.

Millesime Imperial

Basenotes Plus

The solution is, don't click on if it bothers you that much. I never click on any Mugler threads because I don't wear em and I'm not interested in em. The only problem is, some ppl are allowed to clearly break the rules while others are penalized so I'm gonna stop opening these polls as well. Started out cool but it got outta control
    Current rotation:

Green Irish Tweed
    Ambre Topkapi
    Aventus
    Scandal Pour Homme
    Tabarome Millesime

I've got an idea.
    How about a Facebook type thingy that would block posts from individual members ?
    I know a fair few would like me to be invisible and there are some here that I could live without ..

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I've got an idea.
    How about a Facebook type thingy that would block posts from individual members ?
    I know a fair few would like me to be invisible and there are some here that I could live without ..
    If you would like to block my posts and PMs from me, go to my profile and select "Add To Ignore List".

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    If you would like to block my posts and PMs from me, go to my profile and select "Add To Ignore List".
    The thought never crossed my mind, but it's as simple as that, who'd have thought it ?

* So that explains all those visits to my profile page

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    The thought never crossed my mind, but it's as simple as that, who'd have thought it ?

* So that explains all those visits to my profile page

Well it works but it's not quite the same as making them invisible

Basenotes Plus

DH for me - MI is good, but I feel that DH is a real classic
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Guys, we have wandered off topic and into the wilderness.
    The membership find these threads to be: fluff, spam, interesting, annoying, pointless, harmless. Did I miss anything? If you don't like the thread, fine; don't vote, don't comment, and please don't click on threads you have no interests in.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

I voted for MI. Now, I like creed and MI was the first I bought from this particular house, I was given a sample in Harrods and bought the bottle shortly after. At the checkout, I was given yet more samples and more bottles were bought. I followed my nose through all my purchases and, only became aware of Basenotes and fragantica when I realised that, my Aventus bottle, did not smell anywhere near as nice as the sample I was given. What followed was an education in batch variations. Something I did not expect from expensive bottles of parfum.
    Had it not been for these forums, I would had simply returned the bottle and be done with the house of Creed which, would had been a shame.
    so, to me, the love for Creed fragrances is not a Basenotes phenomenon. Moreover, had it not been for that bad batch of Aventus, I would have never found this site.
    Please note. I am not a fanboy. I know what I like and I know what I don't. As it happens. I like my Creeds, Amouages and Hermes, your mileage may vary

Dior Homme for me... MI does not stay with me at all...

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Guys, we have wandered off topic and into the wilderness.
    The membership find these threads to be: fluff, spam, interesting, annoying, pointless, harmless. Did I miss anything? If you don't like the thread, fine; don't vote, don't comment, and please don't click on threads you have no interests in.

Please repeat the highlighted again. I dont understand why this concept is so hard for people to get. If you dont like something, keep moving. No one compels you to read or respond to anything!

Back to OP. I voted for MI and will vote for M.I any day of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Viffer View Post
    I voted for MI. Now, I like creed and MI was the first I bought from this particular house, I was given a sample in Harrods and bought the bottle shortly after. At the checkout, I was given yet more samples and more bottles were bought. I followed my nose through all my purchases and, only became aware of Basenotes and fragantica when I realised that, my Aventus bottle, did not smell anywhere near as nice as the sample I was given. What followed was an education in batch variations. Something I did not expect from expensive bottles of parfum.
    Had it not been for these forums, I would had simply returned the bottle and be done with the house of Creed which, would had been a shame.
    so, to me, the love for Creed fragrances is not a Basenotes phenomenon. Moreover, had it not been for that bad batch of Aventus, I would have never found this site.
    Please note. I am not a fanboy. I know what I like and I know what I don't. As it happens. I like my Creeds, Amouages and Hermes, your mileage may vary
    No need to defend your position. if you like it, own up and be proud.

Basenotes Junkie

Like both a lot, but DH is a top-10 all-timer for me. Dior Homme for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    No need to defend your position. if you like it, own up and be proud.
    It was not my intention to defend my position, It was just a clarification. People outside these forums "Phenomena" do like creed scents... I do own it and, I wear it proudly!

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    I think Aventus lost to Tobacco Vanille, GIT lost to Platinum Egoiste, and MI lost to Boss Bottled. Suggesting all the Creed love here is driven by basenotes hype train.
    It's not just a hype train. Although I ignore it now, I used to joke how in Creed threads, and especially Aventus threads, there were so many pro-Creed low-count posters who would just shortly after disappear. Sometimes you'd look at their posting history and it was nothing but Creed threads. Obviously, new posters come and go, but sheer rate at which this happened in Aventus threads was unbelievable and very noticeable. So you can guess my theory about Aventus popularity here vs anywhere else and what's behind it. (all of which, of course, is not to say that there aren't a LOT of folks who are actual people and genuinely like Aventus!).

Where did I put my tinfoil hat? And what kind of fragrance goes with it? Yes, right, don't tell me .... Aventus.

There is nothing to imply about Aventus and hype, its a very well recieved fragrance judging by my barometer when i wear it in public. Its always garners chat, curiosity, enquiries and compliments, period! It is the only fragrance ive ever worn wear its common to actually see peoples heads turn as i walk past them, and i no its the aventus that does it. I also do not overspray, so it has nothing to do with wearing too much!

DH and DHI both smell way too feminine to me.

I've always been a big fan of MI but have had a change of heart these past few months on it. A confident thumbs up to DH from me

Suprised Dior Homme is leading this one!
    I personally voted MI as I feel it's more pleasant to my nose, although I have nothing against Dior Homme. I do have a full 10 mL sample atomizer hanging out though.. Haven't really gotten the urge to have give it a full wearing yet..

I really like both but voted for MI, since I can use it anywhere, anytime. I have a decant of Dior Homme but can only use it on cold nights (which is still hot, here in Puerto Rico)

Il'll vote for DH just for fun. When wiłl these "battles" be finished?

DH. I sold my bottle of MI after 1 wearing. Could not stand the scent.

DH

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

MI for sure

This thread needs more Koala bear pictures.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    When people stop voting in them.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    Should not be much longer... at the beginning of the Elite 8, there would have only been 7 left (4 for elite 8, 2 for Final 4, then 1 for championship).

edit: looks like the Elite 8 will conclude today with LDDM vs Royal Oud, so there should only be 3 left after that one.