Code of Conduct

Default Need two fragrances for the summer

Hey guys, brand new member here.

I'm looking to add two more bottles to my collection for the summer; one fun cologne for really hot days, I'm thinking VIW (I've already sampled it and I love it), and another night out fragrance.

My current modest collection:

- Angel Pure Havane
    - Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    - Chanel Allure Splort
    - Chanel Bleu
    - Creed Green Irish Tweed
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme
    - Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey
    - Versace Eau Fraiche
    - CK Eternity Summer
    - YSL Nuit de L'homme

I'm not looking to buy crazy expensive niche colognes. I'd prefer to spend sub200 for both bottles. I can push that target higher if need be.

Default Re: Need two fragrances for the summer

You're already covered for most situations in the summer. But fragrance lovers (like me)are never satisfied! VIW is a great scent. I love Chanel Allure homme sport Extreme because it is great for the heat of summer but also has a deeper, darker side that would be suitable for a night out.

Quote Originally Posted by metallisomething View Post
    You're already covered for most situations in the summer. But fragrance lovers (like me)are never satisfied! VIW is a great scent. I love Chanel Allure homme sport Extreme because it is great for the heat of summer but also has a deeper, darker side that would be suitable for a night out.
    I've already owned sport extreme. I didn't enjoy the heavy Tonka throughout the life span of the fragrance on my skin. I can definitely imagine it as a night out scent though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Monsieur Balmain
    South Bay
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'd go for Dior Homme, classic in feel, but fun. I also like Pure Havane, but I think of it as more a winter scent.

cacio

Check out Bergamotto Marino. Summer gem.

Guerlain Homme L'Eau got a lot of wearing from me this past summer.
    You might want to looking at adding a vetiver dominant fragrance to your collection too.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Monsieur Balmain
    South Bay
    Nice, I'll make sure to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozjon701 View Post
    Guerlain Homme L'Eau got a lot of wearing from me this past summer.
    You might want to looking at adding a vetiver dominant fragrance to your collection too.
    Cool I'll make sure to check this one out. I also want to get my nose on dior homme eau

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Check out Bergamotto Marino. Summer gem.
    PS: how do I multi quote on tapatalk?

I looked this one up. The note breakdown looks amazing. I'll definitely blind buy this one if I can find it at a good price. Any ideas?

Basenotes Junkie

You're talking about summer, but don't have any neroli or vetiver. Many options, too many to list them all. Also it depends on where you want to put your money. For the price, 4711 Kolnish Wasser as a traditional cologne is inexpensive yet smells pretty good. Guerlain Vetiver or eau Sauvage are nice citrus vetiver scents in your price bracket. I'm wearing Atelier vetiver Fatale (3 days out of the past 4) and love it as a summer scent.

thanks
    rick

Try Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford is smooky, fresh, woody, and the vetiver is very superbly blended also it is not dirty earthy(turnoff for some) but a fresh take on vetiver with a modern twist...it's a very beautiful scent that you can wear year round but in summer is a stallion of a beauty....btw, you don't have a similar scent or any vetiver scents at all so it will round the edges in your mini collection....enjoy
    Last edited by magnus611; 6th May 2014 at 03:36 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Definitely looking to add neroli to my collection. Still not entirely sure what vetiver smells like, I'll get my nose on grey vetiver this weekend

A really cheap and long forgotten gem. The original Hilfiger....TOMMY. This was my signature scent in HS and I still love it.

Also, you should check out COMME des GARCON and their Energy C series. If you like citrus you cant get a better citrus under $100. The lime and grapefruit versions are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by izconcept View Post
    PS: how do I multi quote on tapatalk?

I looked this one up. The note breakdown looks amazing. I'll definitely blind buy this one if I can find it at a good price. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, it's been virtually impossible to find since the New Year, which makes me wonder if it's actually been discontinued. :/

Quote Originally Posted by makesomesense View Post
    Also, you should check out COMME des GARCON and their Energy C series. If you like citrus you cant get a better citrus under $100. The lime and grapefruit versions are fantastic.
    Definitely considering the grapefruit and lime. Too bad there isn't anywhere I can get my nose on it. Might have to blind buy it

Im pretty sure The Perfumed Court has the grapefruit and lemon from the series. I have not seen the lime at any of the decant dealers. I was given a small decant from a friend before I bought my own bottle. Personally I do not enjoy the lemon but I am crazy about the lime and grapefruit.

I suggest neroli or orange such as TF Neroli Portofino or Diptyque Oyedo.

Another great and unappreciated citrus is Tom Ford's Azure Lime. One of the great citrus scents out there imo

You've got plenty of great ones already. If i have to add, i would suggest Armani Code Sport Athlete. It's such a citrus beauty.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Dior homme sport(day or night) Dior homme intense(night).. Add your dior homme & you're official like a referee with a whistle. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    You've got plenty of great ones already. If i have to add, i would suggest Armani Code Sport Athlete. It's such a citrus beauty.
    This one has been getting a lot of hype recently. Definitely gonna try to test it at my local shops. Hopefully it's not as powdery as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by izconcept View Post
    Hopefully it's not as powdery as the original.
    Opposite sides from the original and not even a hint of "powdery". It's all about citrus. It's a wonderful citrus frag that lasts more than 10 hours and have a lovely base of soft incense and vetiver. Refreshment in a bottle and the antidote for sticky humid summer days IMO.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Opposite sides from the original and not even a hint of "powdery". It's all about citrus. It's a wonderful citrus frag that lasts more than 10 hours and have a lovely base of soft incense and vetiver. Refreshment in a bottle and the antidote for sticky humid summer days IMO.
    I wonder why it's even a flanker to the original. Wow it's gonna be hard to buy only two bottles for the summer now.

They released it as a limited edition for the 2012 summer olympics. I believe tons of people overlooked it and didn't even bother to test/buy it, presuming it will smell identical to Armani Code sport (while in reality it does not). The people who did try it though, they loved it and bought it. So in a way, it's a hidden underrated little refreshing gem...

Just ordered a bunch of samples. Hope there's a winner in there!
    Last edited by izconcept; 8th May 2014 at 10:20 PM.

Have you tried L'Artisan Batucada? In a similar vein as Virgin Island Water, but with less coconut, and a little more floral. And I personally prefer the citrus in Batucada. I also agree with makesomesense's rec. Azure Lime smells great.

I just ordered Bergamotto Marino and got a great deal on VIW. I'm burning a hole in my pockets.

I still want a "night out" fragrance.