Code of Conduct

Default Neroli Portofino - new longevity/Projection issues

So I really loved a sample of TF neroli Portofino, and decided to get a larger decant. The sample is wafting every few minutes, is beautifully warm and the ambery aspect comes out throughout, i love it! The large decant i got however, seems to sit close to the skin, longevity is ok, still 6+ hours, but seems i have to bring my nose to it even with a full blast, whereas a swipe from my sample vial seems just as strong. The opening is a bit sharper and "soapier", and the amber warmth doesnt come out til way later and isnt as strong.

I have no doubt that the item is authentic, the smell is identical and i trust the seller. Any ideas what could be going on here? Is my nose being fooled? Anyone else experience this with Neroli Portofino?

David

Default Re: Neroli Portofino - new longevity/Projection issues

maybe dabbing from the sample versus spraying from the decant?

I don't think this one's been reformulated or anything. Maybe the decant diffuses more so there's more olfactory fatigue?
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    maybe dabbing from the sample versus spraying from the decant?

I don't think this one's been reformulated or anything. Maybe the decant diffuses more so there's more olfactory fatigue?
    Thanks for the reply. Definitely perplexed by this one. They have to be the same but almost seems like a serious batch variation? Wasn't stored properly? Wil likely get an official sample spray so I can compare again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Projection and longevity are pretty good with NP. I get about 7 hours with this one. Try spraying on clothing.

I've never had amazing performance with this one.