Code of Conduct

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Fragrancenet

Has anyone ever purchased a bottle that has been sprayed before? I bought a supposedly brand new bottle but when I opened the cap I could smell a slight hint of the fragrance. The bottle felt like it had been primed already from the hint of smell as well as not needing to spray couple times before the juice comes out?

Default Re: Fragrancenet

That happened to me years ago, I bought 9 bottles from them and 2 samples. Although well wrapped I could smell one of the bottles, then another bottles fragrance came through, I tested both and they sprayed fully both times. Only one of the samples arrived, it had been removed from its card.

Never had that happen to me fortunately with any fragrance purchased from them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

i don't think that someone sprayed it. i believe that during shipping sometimes it can kinda leak out depending on what bottle it is. for example my old le male used to leak when i traveled because something was putting pressure on the sprayer and often the cap went off. now this would never happen to lets say thierry mugler a men. i also believe theres a chance that they check the bottle sometimes before shipping and by accident it sprays when they put the cap back on etc. this doesn't have to be a full spray either. but who knows

i don't think the cap can spray on the bottle i purchased. also the cap didn't smell like anything only the sprayer had a hint of smell. also the box is a very sturdy box which won't make the fragrance leak at all, it even has a lot of padding from the material inside the box.

no but what I'm saying is that they might take the cap off to look at the sprayer. this doesn't mean they sprayed but it could accidentally leak out if they pressed it a little while checking. maybe it already smelled before they got it to their store. its just impossible to tell. all i can say is that i wouldn't be chocked if my cologne smelled from the sprayer. and some are much stronger then others.

for example i could smell chergui from the sprayer. creed aventus sample i could smell in the box. but less expensive or weaker ones i can't smell as well.

well they advertise as new so i wouldn't expect a smell. Oddly i bought a bottle of aventus and sample of chergui and never did i smell it from the sprayer but I'm not really worried just asking if people ever bought anything from fragnet that has been obviously sprayed.

Well I'm getting something from there soon. So I'll come back with more information. I understand what you're saying and maybe it was sprayed. If it's on purpose or not we will still never know. But there's also a chance that a newer bottle can smell a little more. Could have been produced yesterday.

Never had any problems with them.

LOL we should put a permanent banner at the top of the home page reading...DON'T WORRY EVERYONE!!! FRAGRANCENET IS LEGIT!! TRUST US!!!
    hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by JJMAN View Post
    LOL we should put a permanent banner at the top of the home page reading...DON'T WORRY EVERYONE!!! FRAGRANCENET IS LEGIT!! TRUST US!!!
    hehe...
    No kidding. And even if my bottle was sprayed once or twice ... I wouldn't care, considering the deep discounts you can get from this retailer.

Or delete anything remotely negative written about them.

My experiences with fragrancenet have all been the same. I've gotten some great deals there and everything has been great. The only issue has been slow shipping, but the savings make the wait worthwhile. I hate waiting, but I love saving... so... it's a tradeoff. But the fragrances have all been perfect and I never worry.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyyyy View Post
    well they advertise as new so i wouldn't expect a smell. Oddly i bought a bottle of aventus and sample of chergui and never did i smell it from the sprayer but I'm not really worried just asking if people ever bought anything from fragnet that has been obviously sprayed.
    Here's something to keep in mind: That bottle was probably shaken a lot in shipping. I mean, really, how could it not have been? It was shaken, placed upside-down at some point, tossed, bounced, etc. I remember one day, waiting for the UPS guy to deliver me a package. I heard a crash at my front door, and when I opened it, I saw him holding my box, but everything else on his hand truck was scattered on the ground. I just signed for my package and didn't even bother asking. Luckily, mine was fine, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if somebody else's stuff was broken.

Shipping can be rough, regardless of what's being shipped.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I've had a few unboxed testers leak, but I've always had to prime the sprayers. If you spray it for the first time and it sprays normally then it's been sprayed before and it's technically used. I had an Ebay seller try to sell me an obviously used bottle of an expensive fragrance. He said it was NIB in his listing and details. When I called him out on it he actually didn't deny that he had used it (unwrapped and sprayed 5% or more), but said he considered it new because he only had it for a month. I decanted 15 ml from his bottle, paid $8.00 to ship it back to him, and got my money back.
    Last edited by silentrich; 11th May 2014 at 09:36 PM.

So now I got my bottle. Fast delivery. Best price. the only thing I've noticed is that they are bad at answering emails. I think I pissed them off by asking why they didn't send it in the morning when I was paying extra for fast shipping, I was scared I payed extra for nothing. They sent it during the afternoon and got it after two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    So now I got my bottle. Fast delivery. Best price. the only thing I've noticed is that they are bad at answering emails. I think I pissed them off by asking why they didn't send it in the morning when I was paying extra for fast shipping, I was scared I payed extra for nothing. They sent it during the afternoon and got it after two days.
    The important thing is you got it. Now enjoy it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Indeed

maybe it was slight leaking from the cap? during shipping being toss around might cause it.