Code of Conduct

Default How many sample sprays equates to one "real" spray?

How many sample sprays equates to one "real" spray, in your experience?

A full bottle often sprays a lot more but how much more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: How many sample sprays equates to one "real" spray?

I don't measure it this way. I usually see how much juice is covering the top of my hand when i spray. When i feel it's enough, i stop spraying.

Usually 2 sprays on the same spot will do. The same applies when testing on other parts of my body (chest, neck etc).

It also all depends on how strong the scent is. You'll figure it out and adjust on the go. I wouldn't put that much calculation into it.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I'd say about three sample sprays equals one FB spray.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    I don't measure it this way. I usually see how much juice is covering the top of my hand when i spray. When i feel it's enough, i stop spraying.

Usually 2 sprays on the same spot will do. The same applies when testing on other parts of my body (chest, neck etc).

It also all depends on how strong the scent is. You'll figure it out and adjust on the go. I wouldn't put that much calculation into it.
    Yeah, but when I want to give 'em a full wear, I'd like the amount that I apply to my neck, chest and elsewhere to resemble the amount from a full bottle. Otherwise sillage could give a wrong impression.

I just wanted to make sure, that I'm not overdoing it. I try to assess from time to time how much I need. Usually go with a 2:1 ratio.

That sounds fine & you can always top up after a bit if you find that it's not enough with a particular one.

Basenotes Junkie

It depends very much on the sprayer. Case in point- yesterday I bought Eau d' Issey in the 40 ml size. The atomizer is TINY. it is about the size of a brand new pencil eraser (the type on the pencil, not the big blocks). It sprays a negligible amount of fragrance per spray, whereas the 125 ml sie is at least 3 times as much, maybe more.

The Eau d' Baux atomizer sprays quite a volume of product. The Tom Ford Private blend atomizers a bit less so.

Also you have to consider the sample sprayers. The generic ones from Nordstroms and sephora are different to the ones from First in Fragrance.

2 or 3 to 1 is about the ratio I start from, but it is only a guide.

rick

Usually it's 3 to 1 for me. That seems to do the job,
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

All depends on the fragrance itself. You have to be the judge.

Often, the sample sprays were abundant, well-dosed and the actual scent in the samples high quality enough that I did not notice any difference between the sample and the full bottle sprays, in fact the outcomes in terms of longevity, skin development were fairly equally ranked.

Sprays are generally the same.

10 sprays is approximately one ml.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by sicing View Post
    Yeah, but when I want to give 'em a full wear, I'd like the amount that I apply to my neck, chest and elsewhere to resemble the amount from a full bottle. Otherwise sillage could give a wrong impression.

I just wanted to make sure, that I'm not overdoing it. I try to assess from time to time how much I need. Usually go with a 2:1 ratio.
    I usually go with a 2:1 ratio as well from a Sephora/Nordstrom sprayer. Some of the official carded samples put out more juice per spray though.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Sprays are generally the same.

10 sprays is approximately one ml.
    this is pretty close to what I've counted. Those sample atomizers can spray a lot of juice though, don't let their size fool you.