Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45
  1. #1

    Default Aventus help ASAP!!!

    I just purchased creed aventus from fragrancenet, and when it arrived I was so excited having smelled it in Barcelona last week. The problem is I don't smell any of the pineapple notes. I literally stays the same. My friend purchased the same bottle from the same site and his smells slightly different. So I went to a local reed boutique here and smelled his and WHO what a difference!!!! The crazy thing is we had the same lot S42B13Q02, so I am confused. So I guess I have 2 questions. 1- is fragrancenet legit? And 2- what's the deal with my LOT? Please help!!!!


    " When your ready to quit, your 1/2 way there"
    Using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
    So I guess I have 2 questions. 1- is fragrancenet legit? And 2- what's the deal with my LOT? Please help!!!!
    1 - yes.

    2 - nothing - it's perfectly fine.

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...mp-Discussions

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

  3. #3
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    From reading the title of the thread before opening i was expecting it to be someonme with suicidal tendencies...

    I reckon Creed should start there own Aventus samaritans hotline number lol.

  4. #4
    Dependent MegaMav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    I think the tester at the Creed Boutique had more air in it.
    The juice was more oxidized. Be patient, it gets better with more air in the bottle.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Issey Miyake - L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Summer 2014

    My Sales Thread - FB's For Sale: Hermes - Bel Ami - Updated 06/29

  5. #5

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Swap bottles with your friend when he's not watching if his is better.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

  6. #6
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    This can't possibly be a serious thread.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I think the tester at the Creed Boutique had more air in it.
    The juice was more oxidized. Be patient, it gets better with more air in the bottle.
    Agree with this. I have R01 batch and it is changing with time and the more I use it. Longevity seems to have improved a lot as the bottle gets emptier.

  8. #8
    Super Member SCENTMASTER "OG"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    From reading the title of the thread before opening i was expecting it to be someonme with suicidal tendencies...
    I reckon Creed should start there own Aventus samaritans hotline number lol.
    LOL,smh...

  9. #9
    Super Member SCENTMASTER "OG"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Come on now,not another one,just enjoy the juice,PLEASE,is fragrancenet legit,REALLY,smh...Oh and yes they are no doubt LEGIT,smh....

  10. #10

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Please send it back immediately so that someone else can purchase it and start another "I think my Aventus from fragrancenet has been sprayed" thread.

  11. #11
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LivelyupURself View Post
    Please send it back immediately so that someone else can purchase it and start another "I think my Aventus from fragrancenet has been sprayed" thread.

  12. #12
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,928

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Swap bottles with your friend when he's not watching if his is better.
    Good idea. Problem solved!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  13. #13
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I think the tester at the Creed Boutique had more air in it.
    The juice was more oxidized. Be patient, it gets better with more air in the bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripjean View Post
    Agree with this. I have R01 batch and it is changing with time and the more I use it. Longevity seems to have improved a lot as the bottle gets emptier.
    Excellent deduction - thanks for that! I've noticed that my flacon seems to get better with time, too. It all makes sense. The first batch was heavily macerated - that's why it was so much more complex - not the maceration per se, but slight oxidation. Second batch was rushed because of the unexpected demand. It got out there a little too soon. After that, "batch variation".

    I love fragrances that get better with time. So much more desirable than the ones that get worse from day one.

    Although it would be much more fun if this actually WAS some kind of CREED® emergency!
    * * * *

  14. #14

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Smell is same at the dry down, dont worry just enjoy the juice.

  15. #15
    Dependent MegaMav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The first batch was heavily macerated - that's why it was so much more complex - not the maceration per se, but slight oxidation. Second batch was rushed because of the unexpected demand. It got out there a little too soon.
    Right.

    Top of the barrel (less air) versus bottom of the barrel (more air).
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Issey Miyake - L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Summer 2014

    My Sales Thread - FB's For Sale: Hermes - Bel Ami - Updated 06/29

  16. #16
    Basenotes Junkie Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Aventus must be very problematic to inspire so many new posters with desperate issues. Maybe it should come with a warning label!
    Currently wearing: Futur by Robert Piguet

  17. #17
    Basenotes Institution sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,386

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    This
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post

  18. #18

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Google takes 10 seconds.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    More corporate shills or employees of retailers posting as regular folk on the forums specifically to sow seeds of doubt and discontent amongst the group regarding purchases of fragrances from discounters.

  20. #20
    Dependent magnus611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,220

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    If I had a single cent(penny) for this same legit or fake ? I think I would by now be a billionaire ..lol
    fragrancenet is LEGIT, now are they the freshest absolutely not, but Creeds are well Know to get better as time goes by and I know this through others and more importantly my own Empirical exams and experience as I was an adamant former skeptic....Now are they batch issues but of course. Now has your bottle become rancid , that is a possibility also...just return it and pay an extra $200usd and gain your peace of mind with $200usd less on your bank account...enjoy
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

  21. #21
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,768

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    You must have missed my thread from a few days ago where I had been wondering if I had fake Aventus because mine had too much pineapple, compared to the small amount of pineapple in store testers. In other words, the exact opposite to you.

    My thread was merged into the huge Aventus Batch Number thread, along with other numerous posts of woe about Aventus and the fickle pineapple note.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  22. #22

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    You must have missed my thread from a few days ago where I had been wondering if I had fake Aventus because mine had too much pineapple, compared to the small amount of pineapple in store testers. In other words, the exact opposite to you.

    My thread was merged into the huge Aventus Batch Number thread, along with other numerous posts of woe about Aventus and the fickle pineapple note.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    I here you but my question is this, I can't find this batch code anywhere? Is it a new/old batch?



    " When your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    Using Tapatalk

  23. #23

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyDaBoy View Post
    More corporate shills or employees of retailers posting as regular folk on the forums specifically to sow seeds of doubt and discontent amongst the group regarding purchases of fragrances from discounters.
    Actually a real possibility I think, especially with people putting it as their 2nd post...

    For the record, fragrancenet is legit ::end thread::
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

  24. #24

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Actually a real possibility I think, especially with people putting it as their 2nd post...

    For the record, fragrancenet is legit ::end thread::
    Lol, no corporate person here just a regular guy trying to make sure my purchase is legit. But thanks for the complement


    " When your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    Using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
    I here you but my question is this, I can't find this batch code anywhere? Is it a new/old batch?
    Your batch is a 2013 batch.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
    Lol, no corporate person here just a regular guy trying to make sure my purchase is legit. But thanks for the complement


    " When your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    Just for my information how do you know that or where did you find it


    " When your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    Using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    That's what the 13 stands for in the middle of your batch number.

  28. #28
    Dependent caferacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
    just for my information how do you know that or where did you find it


    " when your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    s42b13q02

  29. #29
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    s42b13q02
    This.

  30. #30
    Basenotes Junkie Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyDaBoy View Post
    More corporate shills or employees of retailers posting as regular folk on the forums specifically to sow seeds of doubt and discontent amongst the group regarding purchases of fragrances from discounters.
    Yeah, or maybe it's a case of "there's no such thing as bad publicity, all publicity is good." Not a day goes by without a new thread, no matter how redundant.
    Currently wearing: Futur by Robert Piguet

Similar Threads

  1. Candied fruits, help me asap!
    By MikeDropIt in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18th May 2014, 02:00 PM
  2. Cologne help needed ASAP
    By Akady in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th May 2014, 04:25 AM
  3. Gucci Envy? ASAP!! Might buy it in like..1 hour
    By G Man in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12th February 2007, 06:05 AM
  4. Need Help With a Choice ASAP
    By 123kidd in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th November 2006, 11:38 AM
  5. Cant find the right frag...need help ASAP
    By saflyfish in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 7th August 2006, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000