Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 11 May, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a super day!

La Fumee - Miller Harris.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 11 May, 2014.

Good morning all !.

Xscent, your stamina never ceases to amaze

Mrs E, great news about Roger

Mike, I think I would need far more than just one expletive faced with your situation. Hopefully Monday will finally see it resolved.

In olfactory bliss this morning with one of yesterday's two purchases. The Different Company - De Bachmakov.

Notes include: Cedar wood, bergamot, shiso leaves, nutmeg, coriander leaves, white freesia, soft chalk accord.

The Different Company were previously unexplored for me until yesterday's brief visit to Harvey Nicholls. Absolutely love this - chilly and uplifting with a real zing to it, conjuring up imagery of northern forests and tundra. I had no idea who the nose behind it was (Céline Ellena) but can clearly feel the family DNA running through the creation now. Strikes a perfect balance - not too sweet, not too green, unisex, wonderful.
    Yesterday's other purchase will be for later. Mrs Q and Mike will already know what it is

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 11th May 2014 at 04:41 PM.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 11 May, 2014.

GEORGE
    from samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone Another beautiful day here I'm trying to make the most of my days off, so I'm about to go for a walk with my sister. Sotd is Dzing!. I sometimes really crave this scent, and then nothing else will do Have a great day all

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Diorissimo today.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone and happy Mother's Day!

SOTD is LLP's version of Laura Biagiotti Venezia. Have a lovely Sunday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Congratulations rynegne

Hello all and Happy Mother´s Day!
    Last edited by easyfish; 11th May 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Good morning everyone and Happy Mother's Day! The rain all weekend has forced me to relax instead of tending to my yard work as planned. Today I'm enjoying wearing Blackbird.

Happy Mothers Day.....
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

queen of the universe

Happy Mothers day. Here are two photos, one of my mom holding my late sister Rachel, who was herself a wonderful mother. I miss them both so much, and honor my other two sisters, who are great moms. The other photo is of me backstage at Cleveland's State Theater with my two kids. They came to see Cleveland Ballet's Nutcracker, for which I played in the orchestra. The swan in the background was used at the end of Act I. The year was 1995 or 1996.

Sampling Sunday for me, which means I'm digging into a trove made possible by so many kind basenotes friends.

A lovely day to all.
    Mom_and_Rachel.jpgMe_and_Kids_Nutcracker.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

CENTER]Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte today

Happy Mother's Day![/CENTER]

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! Rocky has not wished me a Happy Mother's Day yet, although Emma-cat meowed loudly in my face to wake me up this morning. I think she wanted to let me know how much she loves me this Mother's Day. (Kidding. She was hungry.)

Giving Atelier Cologne Silver Iris another wear. It is SO sweet. Definitely the fruitiest iris I've ever tried. And I cannot shake the connection to the horrid Lancome La Vie Est Belle.

Mike, I can *sort of* feel your pain. I realized yesterday that my AC is not working either. The outside unit's running fine, but the air isn't pumping into my house. Drat these ACs and our expectations of cool air! I'm trying to pretend I'm in the 1800s or a 3rd world country or something and that it's normal not to have cooled air inside the house.

jujy, thank you for sharing those sweet photos and stories. Rachel was an adorable baby!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Eutopie # 2

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Happy Mothers Day to everyone celebrating.

Teardrop, ErinK, Kiliwiaand Mike you’re all to kind, all the credit goes to my talented atelier.

Mike deep breath and cool air shall be upon you soon.

ClaireV I won't go through the entire list of piercing but I was there as moral support for one particularly interesting one.

Jon for the sweet ballerina. Did you play League or Union?

Congrats on 4K Rynegne.

((Jujy)) lovely photos and story thank you for sharing.

I spent the day making lunch for my gorgeous mum. She outshines women half her age and I couldn’t be without her.

Eau de Patou today and Bois des Îles parfum tonight.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Blog Entries

Happy Mother's Day to all those celebrating, & congrats rynegne on your milestone!

My gardening will have to wait until later in the week due to the wet & windy weather, so l've occupied myself with catching up on neglected housework, grocery shopping & just a little indoor pottering this weekend. (Evangeline; l'm sure puttering is just as satisfying! )

Changed into Coccobello for this evening, which l find rather more woody than coconutty, but still makes me dream of summer...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Best wishes for a happy Mums day!

Sky woke me up this morning attacking my foot, she too, was hungry. So I got some loving from my fur child. Human child has yet to respond.

I'm planning to do yard work today, plant my hydrangeas & pull out some invasive honeysuckle & some weird tree sapling that sprouted all over the place.

Enjoying some coffee this morning & a bit of apple torte.

Scent wise, I'm craving iris, straight up, no chaser IRIS. The closest thing I own is Xerjoff's Iriss, so that's what I'm wearing.

For some reason, I can't load the photos of my garden. I'll keep trying.

Mike, your invite is a standing one.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy Mothers Day all!

I am wearing Amouage Gold Woman. We are going to another town to celebrate with my MIL, one of the most wonderful people I know.

Have a good day!

Hello everyone - Happy Mother's Day, Moms!

We're just about ready to head over to Mom and Dad's for lunch, then we're taking Mom sailing! And it's a perfect day for it, complete with warm sunshine and cool breezes, bright blue skies and puffy white clouds ...also perfect for vintage Vent Vert 70s edt.

Y'all have a *fantastic* day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Jon for the sweet ballerina. Did you play League or Union?

League - originating from Yorkshire it was part of my upbringing and virtually inevitable.

SotE - Marni EDP.

Never had apple torte, sounds good!

Chanel Coco.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You smell so fine, Jon.

Quick greetings from the Kindle to say I'm wearing the on-the-nose I Love New York for Mothers Day.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!! It's been a lovely weekend here so far. My son Tim and his fiancée Katie, brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers yesterday and my son Mark surprised me with a bottle of Jo Malone Sweet Lemon a few minutes ago. I had mentioned it in passing a few weeks ago that I liked it and he remembered.

Jujy, thank you for sharing with your touching post and pictures.

Congrats Rynegne on your 4000 posts!

Sota is Jo Malone Sweet Lemon!

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 11th May 2014 at 08:16 PM.

hello! I'm new to the forum.

Today I'm wearing Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds.

JON RODGERS: I love that Marni fragrance!

Thanks all and Happy Mother's Day!

I'm wearing my own MadHat Limed today. I gove my mom a bottle too for Mother's Day (my girlfriend suggested it) and she loved it! Not sure if she liked Limed as much as the chocolates I gave her though :-P

Actually, we celebrated yesterday with fillet mignon, baked potatoes and drinks...and all day ordeal which is better than a quick few hours with her today. It was really nice!
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Basenotes Plus

Glad to have you here, papaya

(Marni is great stuff )

Basenotes Institution

Happy Mothers Day to all of the moms out there!
    Jon - I loved De Bachmakov when I tested it also. Reminds me of a wintery Granville. Enjoy your Marni.
    ErinK - a/c issues suck...hope yours are resolved soon also
    RHM - ((hugs)) just because
    Kiliwia - I love that Jo Malone also - enjoy!
    papaya - welcome to BN
    rynegne - looking forward to smelling Limed soon

Dancing was FUN last night (guess who I ran into there? My ex and his new fiancee' [[awkward]]) so I slept in til noon, spent a lazy day around the house and then the pool, had lunch with a friend & now I'm thinking of taking a nap.

Scent now is:

Tam Dao Eau de Parfum by Diptyque

Smells so good on sun-warmed skin: the whisper of cream, a pinch of lime-spritzed-coconut and the solid block of wood. I will need a new bottle soon, my travel bottle is almost empty.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Welcome, papaya!

Congratulations on 4000, rynegne!

Xscent, cashmere and BdI seems right for you, no matter the season. I hope it's calming and snuggly whenever you take a big inhale.

I decided to roll the dice on some white musk today -- it's warmish, storming off and on, and everything is getting greener right before my eyes, so Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier just seemed right. I'm probably still craving citrus

(((Mike))) -- you have the patience of a saint! And you smell wonderful, of course.

I hope all of you enjoy the remains of the weekend. xxxoooo
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 11th May 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Hello all! I checked out yesterday and never posted.
    Today, I'm doing a bunch of nothing. Pottering, as dear teardrop might say. Finally decided to spray something, and L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extreme got the call.

Jon! I love that Different Company fragrance - yet another that you and I were pondering purchases of, except you tend to go ahead and purchase, and I just ponder So that is two for you and none for me yet - De Backmakov and Tom of Finland. Both are high on my next purchase list. But I suppose it is OK to just ponder awhile, like pottering

Amouage Dia Man to church this morning. Now I'm wearing almost the last of my sample of Guerlain Vega to church tonight.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Hey again, y'all -

Sticking with Balmain for the evening, I'm now in sultry, smoky vintage Miss Balmain, 70s edt.

Have a good night, everyone!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Narciso Rodriguez For Him Eau de Parfum Intense tonight. A delight to wear!

Green Irish Tweed

Hey again!

Lazy day, although I did submit four job applications. I don't really expect to hear from any of them - this is harder than I thought it would be.

SOTE is Givenchy L'Interdit, vintage EDT.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Good evening, good smelling ones.

Urara's Tokyo Cafe perfume today, from the 4160 Tuesdays.

Mike, I hope you were able to keep cool, both physically and in the face of the guest list awkwardness.

Welcome to Papaya!

Concerts were fantastic at the Heatwave, had a nice family night on Friday with my mom, kids, and the Boyfriend, and then a date night on Saturday, managing to drink just the right amount to get a little bit relaxed but enjoy all the bands, that was perfect.

Don't actually have my kids today, oddly enough they are with their dad for Mother's Day because he won't be able to see them for a couple of weeks as we travel to NC for the oldest daughter's graduation from College They will be home shortly and it was nice to get a date night so it all works out fine.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Angel Liqueur de Parfum today. Drove my mom to Emporia, Kansas which is halfway between us and my sister for Mother's Day lunch. I was sort of dreading it, but we really had a great time.

Robin, I was wondering if you were going both nights ... I really like the band The Hold Steady and saw they were playing Saturday night.

hugs to all (and an extra one for Mike again!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm wearing Angel Liqueur de Parfum today. Drove my mom to Emporia, Kansas which is halfway between us and my sister for Mother's Day lunch. I was sort of dreading it, but we really had a great time.

Robin, I was wondering if you were going both nights ... I really like the band The Hold Steady and saw they were playing Saturday night.

hugs to all (and an extra one for Mike again!) ...
    Did you get hit with any of the storms the past two days? We had a few sprinkles but no damaging winds or hail in my area.

Ending the night with Amouage Beloved Man after taking my wife and kids out for dinner after church.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Dior Homme Intense