Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Post New formula added: a tamed Fahrenheit (Dior) merged into Shiseido's Basala

I've received two beautiful new aroma chemicals from Hexapus.nl, which i liked to give a try: Acetofenon and Mahagonate.The hawthorn aspects from Acetofenon and the green, peppery, wood aspects from Mahagonate tempted to
    look for a marriage. My first association with pure Acetofenon was Dior, probably the Hawthorn; Mahagonate reminded
    of the long ago scent of Basala from Shiseido.

I like the dry violet, raldeine and ionone aspects of Dior's Fahrenheit. However, for my daily taste it's to bombastic.Although i've used the same ingredient list one would use to compose a Fahrenheit look-a-like, i've twisted
    and bend the amounts towards a scent that mimics Shiseido's Basala (Basara): more towards a soapy, creamy,
    dry and sweet balsam. Still enough dryness, less bombastic. The Iso E overdose is still there, the Ionones are tamed
    and the Chamomile is introduced to bend towards a powdery, soapy, sweet effect.

And of course, this formulation brought together the Acetofenon and Mahagonate in a well balanced scent.

Enjoy, happy perfuming!
    Please visit my blog for a listing of all my free formulas

Default Re: New formula added: a tamed Fahrenheit (Dior) merged into Shiseido's Basala

Why can't i open sites.google... ?Are there any bloker for Turkey?Or is site with problem?

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: New formula added: a tamed Fahrenheit (Dior) merged into Shiseido's Basala

Hi Gulhilal,

Sorry to hear so. I've numerous visitors from Turkey, so there doesn't seem a general problem. The site does not give any trouble.
    Maybe you could try using a different (free) browser, like Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox. Or give it a try on a friends computer, to find out where the problem lies.
    The correct link that should always work is: https://sites.google.com/site/perfumerecipes/
    All the best,
    Jeroen

Thanks,as you said,my network has a problem.I changed my ip number and it has worked.

I can access your site but, formulas are so complex.Have you got easy formulas for primery perfumers?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gulhilal View Post
    I can access your site but, formulas are so complex.Have you got easy formulas for primery perfumers?
    Guilhal, These *are* easy formulae.

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Basenotes Junkie

Thanx Paul, indeed. It's not unusual for perfume formulations to have 100 ingredients or more.

It's so nice of you to share this with us. Are those things you work out as parts of larger projects?
    Could you (or anyone who's willing) talk about uses for Acetophenone a bit? It's kind of too bitter (I have para -methyl acteophenone), and I have no idea what I should try it with..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Guilhal, These *are* easy formulae.

PK
    Excuse me,i think it was my arrogance.in fact they are not so big,complex but i haven't that all materials And because of this,may be it is hard for me to work as so As i said i am a novice But i learnt a lot of knowledge from this page.It's huge and thanks for your respond

Basenotes Plus

Excuse me,i think it was my arrogance.in fact they are not so big,complex but i haven't that all materials And because of this,may be it is hard for me to work as so As i said i am a novice But i learnt a lot of knowledge from this page.It's huge and thanks for your respond
    gulhilal - slow down

Materials are very expensive and very easy to waste so starting on something small, doing loads of reading, learning & practising etc., will help to avoid wasting them and having hugely costly disappointments.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Nizan View Post
    Are those things you work out as parts of larger projects?
    Could you (or anyone who's willing) talk about uses for Acetophenone a bit? It's kind of too bitter (I have para -methyl acteophenone), and I have no idea what I should try it with..
    Thanks
    Hi Nizan,
    I wouldn't call it bigger projects. Often my experiments are conducted with about 100 drops, including some 15 to 25 ingredients; that is aroma chemicals, absolutes, tinctures, essential oils and even perfume oils (which differ IMHO in a lifetime less than let's say different harvests or countries of essential oils). Whenever i'm happy with a result, after 2, 3 or even 20 alterations, i share that formula on my blog. General speaking, it's not to complex, useable and wearable and gives some insight in my approach to perfumery (see my philosophy: http://841362.wix.com/perfumer#!philisophy/c1ja3).

Some of this usable first-stage experiments go into stage two: with minor alterations i like to introduce subtleties. Mostly adding aroma chemicals, so the influence can be attributed to one chemical compound. This will often result in a formulation which is rather complex in terms of quantity of aroma chemicals used in a single formulation.

As for the Acetophenone: i really liked it because of the hawthorn aspect. It has a heavy-sweet leather scent. It can be found in small quantities in nature: labdanum and castoreum and some fruits. Dilute to at least 10%, it's very strong.

Happy perfuming!

Ho, I thought these are things you go through when working towards bespoke formulations. Seems you're doing it the other way around

Hmm.. Maybe I should have smelled Acetophenone diluted.. Though I have no idea what Hawthorns smell like. There should be some in Israel, though..

Yes, there are some easier ones for beginners here.
    Currently wearing: Charisma by Avon