Code of Conduct

Default Need a ladies opinion on Tuscan Leather

Tuscan Leather is unisex so I think this question would qualify on this forum.

I am a middle age male. TL has become my signature scent. I have had good feedback from some ladies and yesterday not so good from others. I will keep wearing it but I would like some solid opinions.

I also think my sister would really like this and want to get her some but not sure if women do really like it. I have two questions.

Do ladies enjoy wearing TL? Why or why not

How attractive is TL to ladies on a man?

Thanks

Default Re: Need a ladies opinion on Tuscan Leather

It is definitely intended as a unisex fragrance, but something about TL pushes it towards 'masculine' for me. Still completely wearable by a woman, though I'm not a big fan of this one. Too one-note like a few of the Private Blends, and there's other leathers I'd much rather reach for out there.

I have a sample, I am a fan of leather notes (though slightly less fond of berry notes), and I cannot wear this one. On me, it's a little too realistic- like expensive furniture! I do not know what it smells like on a man.

Basenotes Plus

Not a lady here, sorry, but I love and wear Tuscan Leather as much as I can, and of all the fragrances in my collection, this is the one that gets unsolicited compliments just about every time I wear it. This does not happen with any other fragrances, or to much, much lower extent. For some reason, TL almost "guarantees" someone will compliment on it - and most of the compliments come from women, usually in the 30+ bracket (though I've had a fair share of guys compliment on it and ask what I'm wearing). So my response to you is that women do like it - or at least those women who appreciate leather scents. Some don't, some are purely into bubble-gum and white flowers, but those who like and appreciate leather - seem to be drawn to TL.

I saw a woman a Barney's buying a second bottle of Black Afgano for herself because she ran out if it. So if a woman can wear black afgano, she can wear Tuscan leather haha.

I feel the same about Tuscan leather. It's nearly a signature scent for me. I get many compliments from both sexes. I sprayed a little but in my finances wrist once, and it smelled so soft. It was like a EDC version.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I enjoy wearing TL very much. I like the sweetness of its raspberry jam note juxtaposed against its coarse leather/rubber. I'm also a fan of L’Artisan Dzing!, but am more inclined to wear Tuscan Leather.

I encourage you to spray it on with confidence.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I, like my friend Quarry, also wear Tuscan Leather. I agree with a previous poster that TL is a very realistic leather but sometimes I experience its floral dimension as well. It seems to be a little different each time. I do not wear it to the office and tend to use it on weekends with leather clothing and accessories. Would I like it on a man? YES!!!

P.S. It's not a fragrance I would give as a gift to a woman due to its intensity and masculinity. It's an acquired taste.
    Last edited by Trilby Lark; 14th May 2014 at 01:24 AM.

I pretty much love all things Tom Ford. Own a lot of his fragrance, cosmetics and sunglasses.
    TL I would def wear, I have a wonderful SA at Neimans who gave me 2 mini bottles of 8 different private blends because I'm looking for one to add in my collection and Tuscan Leather is on the short list! I enjoy wearing it and it wouldn't be a signature scent it would be one I would reach for a lot.

I very much enjoy wearing Tuscan Leather, and I also enjoy the way it smells on men. I do agree with Ken Cosgrove that (in my opinion) it trends a little masculine (as opposed to, say, Daim Blond by Serge Lutens, which I view as a unisex leather that because of the peach note trends a bit feminine, but also smells *great* on a guy).

I say, if you love TL, you should keep wearing it with joy! I also recommend if you are in a position to do so that you gift your sister with a small sample from your own bottle of TL before buying her a full bottle of her own. If she loves it having tried it a couple of times on her skin, how much lovelier will your full bottle gift be?
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...